Hybrid View

Unhappy vexxhost email exchange and storage

I have troubles with vexxhost.

I use their shared web hosting service monthly but now I got my IP address tagged and blocked as SPAM.

They told me that they can do nothing about the issue and that they can´t tell me which email accounts are sending bulk/spam.

I just use them for email service using a custom MX record.

Please comments!

Do you have your own Dedicated IP for mailing? Or is it using main IP of the server?

They can't tell anything? That's bad. They should be able to unblock the IPs after checking their IP at http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

Some takes time or even ask for Payment for removal. In that case, the webhost can assign a new IP to the mail server. But these issues shouldn't take this long..
    █ WebHostRepo.com
    █ Linux | Windows
    | VPS | Cloud
    █ Outsourced Technical Support since 2009
    █ sales@webhostrepo.com

This issue is like a joke!!! The vexxhost guys are asking why do i leave their service?
    It is just very funny!

Quote Originally Posted by tendouser View Post
    This issue is like a joke!!! The vexxhost guys are asking why do i leave their service?
    It is just very funny!
    have you find a new host?
    i agree with you, it seem theyre not profesional if they cant identify which account sending spam and suspend that

Quote Originally Posted by Tuguhost View Post
    have you find a new host?
    i agree with you, it seem theyre not profesional if they cant identify which account sending spam and suspend that
    Thank you for your comments but we are more than a professional hosting company with a full staff operating out of our own AS number, IP address, hardware and infrastructure. Your comment is unnecessary and doesn't reflect what our service stands for.

In regards to the actual issue, we actually have one of the leading web hosting platforms in performance and overall service. We've developed a fully customized performance hosting platform which our customers love to use, unfortunately, some customers prefer to use our service maliciously and think they can get away with it.

First of all, I would like to make this clear: All of our plans coming with a Dedicated IP. This dedicated IP is used for the hosting of the website *AND* the outbound email. So, to clarify things: there is no one else but that specific customer sending email out of that IP address that was blocked.

We try our best to work with our customers, however, upon looking up the account of the customer. We noticed a lot of oddities, first of all, nothing is pointing to our servers. No DNS changes, no A records, not even MX records pointed to us unlike what was mentioned here.

This user signed up to our service to only use our mail servers to send spam out until he got blocked, then asked us to solve the issue for him (which we would have done, had we not seen all these black flags) and then came here to tarnish our reputation to provide a good service.

In short, customer signed up, didn't use our hosting, sent spam, got blocked, asked us to whitelist him after he got blocked, we refused due to the fact he's used us to send email only, he comes here to write invalid and incorrect comments.
    VEXXHOST, Inc.
    Secure & Reliable Hosting Solutions for Developers & Enterprises
    High Performance OpenStack® Public Cloud | Cloud Servers | Web Hosting

Thumbs down No

You never wanted to tell me what were the email accounts being used to send SPAM.
    When I contacted your representative via chat session months ago I told him and he even taught me how to configure MX records to use vexxhost just as mail server. Now you answered my ticket about this issue asking me to change current web hosting provider and migrate all to vexxhost.
    What a weird thing!

I have troubles with vexxhost.

I use their shared web hosting service monthly
    Please contact us with something to show that experience. You may use this link: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=8867194
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Please contact us with something to show that experience.
    Thank you, confirmed!
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

And why is the IP you assigned to me in all email headers?

And why is the IP you assigned to me in all email headers?
    Because you're using it to send outbound spam email which gotten your IP address blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Since you're stating this here, we will respond in kind:
    As long as he has personal and verifiable experience, he's allowed to post about that experience. He did, so the thread remains. That's all the discussion of this that will happen in this thread from our end.
    We hoped that invalid experiences such as ones by those who violated our AUP/TOS wouldn't be accepted.
    VEXXHOST, Inc.
    Secure & Reliable Hosting Solutions for Developers & Enterprises
    High Performance OpenStack® Public Cloud | Cloud Servers | Web Hosting

Still saying ....stay away this provider!

Still saying ....stay away this provider!
    Are you still with them?
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.