Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hostgator Reseller Help

hi,

i was wondering if i am doing some wrong or anything with my upgrade hostgator reseller account.

it's extremely slow specially around evening time in usa(morning in uk).

i am located in UK, thought as i have good load time in my business shared account, upgrading will make it better but its way too slow/

any good recommendations plz? my clients are all legit and two are running their magazine website blog via this. so i need a reliable server, unfortunately i can't afford dedicated yet.

so any advise or tips very welcome.

thx

If you are looking for reliable resellers
    StableHost
    crocweb
    BigScoots
    are with good reviews.

There are many other reputed hosts here what offer reseller hosting.
    check in this section.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130

I suggest HawkHost. You can get a reseller account from as low as $14.21 monthly using coupon code 'roctober2013' at checkout.

could you please let us know how many websites you host and share your current usage?

Quote Originally Posted by UDesignFX View Post
    hi,

i was wondering if i am doing some wrong or anything with my upgrade hostgator reseller account.

i am located in UK, thought as i have good load time in my business shared account, upgrading will make it better but its way too slow/

any good recommendations plz? my clients are all legit and two are running their magazine website blog via this. so i need a reliable server, unfortunately i can't afford dedicated yet.

thx

Are your clients 'visitors' located in Europe or Globally ? Just wondering as it would of course be best to be geographically as close as possible to the visitors when possible.

As you mentioned in your post you are UK but i think HG servers are located in US. So basically you do need a provider from UK or EU, just a provider that can suites your current needs?
    What about Disk Space, Bandwidth, Accounts limits etc?
    How many websites you are running currently? And what is your current budget?
    All these factors are important to suggest anything.
    But i think it is always better to check Reseller Offers Section, shortlist few Providers, do some small search on these providers and then pick few of them and ask WHT members for live reviews if someone have any experience with them.

thx for your replies, i currently have 15 sites using mix of drupal, wordpress, with at least 3 just plain install without anything on them yet, 2 running magento, and another two just nothing at all.

i am paying to hg 30$ so if i see anything in uk that can import my sites and around that price or anything around £25 and reliable, fast support, secure i will be happy.

thx again for your input, very appreciated.

thx for your replies, i currently have 15 sites using mix of drupal, wordpress, with at least 3 just plain install without anything on them yet, 2 running magento, and another two just nothing at all.

i am paying to hg 30$ so if i see anything in uk that can import my sites and around that price or anything around £25 and reliable, fast support, secure i will be happy.

thx again for your input, very appreciated.
    Most UK hosts will move your sites over for free, Plus £25 is a decent budget so cant see you having any problems finding one.

HG has simply have set a lot of limits, and while any provider will have limits HG's might be stricter as from others; adding to that your sites are across the pond it may add additional unneeded latency to the websites.

I would advise to find a host in the EU instead of looking at a US host; price wise it should be possible.

Yes I agree with comments above your best finding a UK host.

thx lot, is heartinternet reliable if i may ask?

thx lot, is heartinternet reliable if i may ask?
    Not sure never used them best to search for genuine reviews, and see what they say

I say ezpzhosting for uk hosting you give them a try it be perfect for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fakher View Post
    If you are looking for reliable resellers
    StableHost
    crocweb
    BigScoots
    are with good reviews.

There are many other reputed hosts here what offer reseller hosting.
    check in this section.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130
    Thanks for the mention my good friend!

Hi,

Issues with server load could be to cPanel backups running late US time but early morning UK time. Best bet would be to find another reseller host elsewhere that does not overload their servers.

Jordan

any good recommendations plz?
    You should find hosting account in UK. Faster response, less effect with high load during backup.
    Upgrade your account with HG but use same server would not make any difference to the issues you experience.

You should look at Skynet. They have UK servers and are highly reliable.

I'd suggest innohosting, they have uk and usa server.

hi,

thx
    Getting something either located in the UK or EU would likely be better for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Surge Network View Post
    You should look at Skynet. They have UK servers and are highly reliable.
    I've been using their servers for many years now, and very happy with their support and server performance. And they've been in the business for nearly a decade. So one cannot survive that long unless what you offering is really awesome. So Skynet is highly recommended

Did you get in touch with HG support and give them evidences of the server being slow during particular hours? What does their investigation say?

well i did and they didnt say anything about the time but instead blame it on the wordpress and jetpack and nexgen plugins.

i disable them and it still load slow. am just looking for a better and affordable option right now and will move.

i waste too much time waiting for page to load, though i think my location add to it too(uk)

Go to your WHM and look to the upper right. What are the 3 values that show for "Load Averages"?

I recommend taking a look at Load Average too to find out whether it's the server or the website.

Quote Originally Posted by JixHost View Post
    Go to your WHM and look to the upper right. What are the 3 values that show for "Load Averages"?
    Load Averages: 0.16 0.03 0.01

thats what i have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast