* Webhosting and USA

Hello,

Today, I would like to discuss this topic which is about Webhosting and USA . After Edward snowden revealed the works of NSA, nowadays a major confusion has raised among public which are

Whether my server is being monitored?
    What about the guarantee of the data?
    Data privacy.
    Should I host in USA?
    Should I be in a USA based network?

and a lot.

Will the NSA reveals and PRISM programs affect the hosting industry in USA?

I would like to know your thoughts.

If you are hosting something they might be interested in may be not If you are hosting some funny or personal site is fine why not.
    QHoster.com - Web Hosting with DDoS Protection | Shared & Reseller in Europe/North America
    Linux/Windows RDP VPS 13 Locations : UK, US (5 states), Mexico, Canada, Bulgaria, Lithuania,
    Italy, France, Germany,Netherlands, Switzerland, Rissia, Singapore | OpenVPN/PPTP Enabled
    INSTANT | PayPal, Skrill, Payza, Bitcoin, WebMoney, Perfect Money, Ukash, CashU, paysafecard

Today, I would like to discuss this topic which is about Webhosting and USA . After Edward snowden revealed the works of NSA
    Whether my server is being monitored?
    What about the guarantee of the data?
    Data privacy.
    Should I host in USA?
    Should I be in a USA based network?
    The thing that people don't realize is there is no US law
    protecting them in foreign countries the NSA is free to do anything they want. Do you really think the NSA Just collects data on US based systems? NO their reach is world wide. In the US you are protected by US law.
    Lowest Host/Empire Technology LLC
    Offering Quality Shared, Reseller, VPS servers, and Dedicated Servers
    24x7 Tech Support http://empire-hosting.net
    XEN Servers Now http://xenserversnow.com - Budget XEN VPS /

I don't think it matter in the US or any other country. The NSA tracks everything, if a user in the US hits a server in the US before reaching some offshore server then they can probably still get the data that was transferred through the server on the US side.

Didn't they also discover that the UK is also collecting data?

There are no laws for this because they will find a way around the law. That's the nature of the game.

If you are hiding something you and the people you communicate with just need to invent an encryption method and transfer your information that way and hope its very strong.

I don't think it matter in the US or any other country. The NSA tracks everything
    That is correct but there are rules when it comes to US Soil and US citizens. thinking your protected in another country is just plain wrong, there are no rules in in another country.

If you are doing something illegal, you will be caught some way or the other.
    If you have legitimate stuff hosted, I guess there is nothing to fear.
    Agencies around the world monitor, so its not just the USA.
    Softaculous - Auto Installer for cPanel, Direct Admin, InterWorx, Plesk, H-Sphere
    The only Auto Installer that installs 260+ scripts. Install in just ONE STEP!
    Virtualizor - VPS Control Panel supporting OpenVZ, Xen, KVM and has 60+ OS Templates
    Webuzo - Softaculous for the Cloud i.e. Softaculous Standalone

Agencies around the world monitor, so its not just the USA.
    All countries SPY on each other its just the way it is.
    If your not doing anything that would be considered detrimental to their national security or in the case of Law enforcement illegal.

Then you have nothing to worry about just sating a fact there are usually more protections in place on US soil (LAWS). and a foreign nationals get some the benefit of some of these protections.

matter

I don't think it matter in the US or any other country

Quote Originally Posted by Dwagar View Post
    I don't think it matter in the US or any other country. The NSA tracks everything,
    This. I'd be more worried as a US citizen hosting something the US doesn't like anywhere, even outside the US. The whole thing with Megaupload also showed the US will try to extradite people who host things they don't like, even if that person lives somewhere else.

As others have said, there is not really a difference regardless of where your data is hosted.

you can host your data and managed it in USA where you Data can be reliable and easily host for you

I read an article the other day that essentially said the rate of new sign ups and web hosting business was essentially unchanged before and after the Snowden release.

While I don't condone the scope of NSA surveillance, I think most people realize that their communications are not the target of the NSA and never will be.

I found the article on WHT somewhere, maybe someone can find the link...
    ▄▀▄ Brian Harrison, Lead Engineer - Reprise Hosting (AS62838)
    ▄▀▄ Deals on cheap dedicated server hosting. IPMI included! Unmetered bandwidth.
    ▄▀▄ Website migration, 24/7/365 support, basic server setup, 15 day money back.
    ▄▀▄ Looking for DEALS on self-managed cheap VPS hosting? Visit VPSHostingDEAL.com