I developed website for catering service, for past one month i am doing seo. The problem is before a week, i updated sitemap but even index page also not got indexed till now. I don't know what gone wrong. please give suggestions..!
but i didn't change any url. when i resubmitted the sitemap it shown 17page submitted and 0 page indexed. Till now after a week the number of indexed page in webmaster is zero. I don't know why page is not getting index.
Here are the reasons Google gives for not indexing pages in a sitemap:
URLs not indexed
The second line might be the key here: "The content of the URL is a duplicate of a page that Google has already crawled".
1) The URL doesn't exist or returns an error status when Google tries to crawl it.
2) The content of the URL is a duplicate of a page that Google has already crawled.
3) The contents of the URL are too large (for example, a large PDF).
4) Your available quota isn’t enough to cover all the URLs in the Sitemap you're submitting for indexing. If you’re requesting indexing of URLs in a Sitemap, you can use the <priority> tag to help Google understand which URLs are more important and should be prioritized for indexing.
5) It's also possible that your Sitemap has an error. You can use Webmaster Tools to see any problems Google encountered when crawling URLs in your Sitemap.
Last edited by Digital Essence; 10-07-2013 at 07:45 AM.
1 the sitemap shows only 17 pages. Means your website don't have enough contents. Must check your website Page Authority.
2 Do Not keep on using the webmaster tools to resubmit the website. Google may ban the website because frequently crawl. Suggest using the social media to share the pages
3 before that, you must make sure the webpage contents are unique and 400 words above. Duplicate contents will not be indexed by google.