WHMCS and Freenas

Hi,

Any way to integrate WHMCS to create accounts on a FreeNAS server?

Thanks

Short answer, not out of the box.

Using a server module + some sort of API at the FreeNAS box would do it. However, there isn't an API as far as I can find for freenas and so you would have to build that out also or some sort of controller script. So, for the controller/"api", you could use ssh + ssh keys and limit those keys to only only run the controller script . Or using a user on freenas that can only run the controller script + limiting of ssh keys for better security + regular locking down of ssh. The controller script will then do the actions, validations, etc.

However, you'll need to sanitize / do good validations to prevent command injections -- for example, if the user field has a space, don't allow it.
    -Steven | u2-web, LLC - Clustered Shared Hosting
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" -Aristotle

Hey Thanks Man!

I am going to look into it now and see if its worth it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by steven99 View Post
    Short answer, not out of the box.

Using a server module + some sort of API at the FreeNAS box would do it. However, there isn't an API as far as I can find for freenas and so you would have to build that out also or some sort of controller script. So, for the controller/"api", you could use ssh + ssh keys and limit those keys to only only run the controller script . Or using a user on freenas that can only run the controller script + limiting of ssh keys for better security + regular locking down of ssh. The controller script will then do the actions, validations, etc.

However, you'll need to sanitize / do good validations to prevent command injections -- for example, if the user field has a space, don't allow it.