Now Media Layer messing up

Hi guys,

Its great to be back on the forum after about 3 months , earlier i had issues with Media temple as they were down quite a lot , so i moved to Media Layer from there as it was suggested to me ...

Now my site barely gets 100 visits a day , still i keep getting frequent messages like "too many connections " or some other such sql error ...

The issue is i am now thinking of buying some traffic , but if the media layer server cannot even handle even 100 visits , i will just waste my money ...

Is there any single hosting service that can deliver what it claims, my budget us $20/month ...

Please guide me ....

Regards

Are you also on ibiza.medialayer.com? My website is also down, it seems the MySQL server has some problems.

yes , i am on same server mate , really feeling worried as i am a games site owner and i am thinking of sponsoring games , that will cost money , but when the traffic comes if the site is down then i am toast , that is why i need a reliable service provider , really it should not be so difficult, but apparently it is ...

Regards

There was a DDoS attack earlier this year, I hope it's not the same thing again: http://www.layerstatus.com/2013/06/2...a-ddos-attack/

Haven't had much problems since then, so it might just be a coincidence today.

Yeah , do you know of any better options in field of web hosting ??

I don't know any better options - MediaLayer is normally quite solid, that's why I've switched to them earlier this year...

what about liquidweb , they seem very good as well ...

Same here. It's down in the worst day for me usually we get the most traffic on Sundays during the races.

I guess it'll be back in 1 or 2 hours.

BTW my website have 100% uptime in the last 2 months. So it's good.

Let's wait.
    sorry, This user doesn't have a signature

Ok, but i had this sql issue in last few weeks , hope they can handle it , else i will switch , no point in waiting , also christmas season is here soon, so i will not take any chances ....

With a 100 visits a day, you could pay for something much less but with the same time reliable. Just check the offers section.
    TaleHost | Quality Web Hosting | US / Asia
    LiteSpeed | Pure SSD | Softacolous | Automated Backups

@Xerixe - thanks , i am going through the section , will ask for best option soon ...

Regards

Just checked my pingdom report, for the last 30 days.

Uptime: 99.46%
    Downtime: 4 hr
    Number of Downtimes: 3

Not great at all 3 hours today, I wouldn't have mind if there isn't a race. Usually we get around 5000 visitors on Sundays

This is very bad for me

What I really don't like is the lack of communication - they should post some update on www.layerstatus.com - just so we know what is going on. Haven't heard back about my ticket either.

I believe it's back. Check your website

Total downtime: 3 hrs, 50 minutes.

Hi,

We're sorry for the issue experienced today, it is resolved now, and we're investigating the full cause of it while we are also going to work with each other customer individually who was affected to ensure it does not happen again.

This is not a normal level of service for us; the vast majority of our system easily and consistently maintain above 99.9% level uptime for all servers. Occasionally there can be a complicated issue that causes us to all short of that, and I apologize for that. We would like to do everything in our power to make sure this does not happen moving forward.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Iím not surprised about the problems. I left medialayer earlier this year after being with them for about 4 years. Too many problems (downtime) on their Atlas server, so they moved me to Ibiza, which was working fine for the two or so weeks I was on it. But, feeling that things were going down hill at Medialayer, I moved to Bigscoots. That was a good choice. Right after the migration to Bigscoots, Medialayerís Ibiza server was down for hours, and would have cost me hundreds of dollars in lost sales. Also, medialayer does not timely post on their status blog when there is a server down, or other problems with a server. The notifications seem to be posted hours later, after the issue is fixed.

Iíve had 100% uptime in my four months with Bigscoots. Iíll post a full review on them in a month or so. You might look at Bigscoots, their uptime is great, and support is fantastic.

atlas has had an uptime average over 99.9% for the last 3 months,

ibiza is the only server in our operation at the moment (in terms of shared hosting) that has not reached over 99.9%, and we are working diligently to correct that.

The vast majority of our customers experience top-notch performance and reliability, it's unfair to take issues on one server and make broad generalizations.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Problems with your servers were documented in May of this year in this thread: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1262711

Other downtimes were not reported to WHT.

Unfortunately just like anything in life everything fails or dies eventually and hardware is no exception to this, Downtime happens if your application or business is that critical you cannot afford a moments downtime then you should have a load balanced/cluster environment.

Quote Originally Posted by czarina14 View Post
    Iíve had 100% uptime in my four months with Bigscoots. Iíll post a full review on them in a month or so. You might look at Bigscoots, their uptime is great, and support is fantastic.
    Excellent! Looking forward to that review!
    www.BigScoots.com - Experience the Difference, Ride With Us
    Specializing in Premium Shared, Reseller, VPS, Hybrid and Dedicated Hosting
    Fully Managed | 100% Positive Approval Rating! | Server Migrations
    REAL 24/7/365 US Based ~5 Minute Response Times | 100% Network Uptime

Quote Originally Posted by layer0 View Post
    Hi,

We're sorry for the issue experienced today, it is resolved now, and we're investigating the full cause of it while we are also going to work with each other customer individually who was affected to ensure it does not happen again.

This is not a normal level of service for us; the vast majority of our system easily and consistently maintain above 99.9% level uptime for all servers. Occasionally there can be a complicated issue that causes us to all short of that, and I apologize for that. We would like to do everything in our power to make sure this does not happen moving forward.
    I am afraid the problem is still not resolved , i keep getting errors like below while browsing the site -

Could not connect: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

Lost connection to MySQL server during query

Now when we continuously refresh the page the error goes away , but the user will not refresh he will simply bounce ....

This looks like a much serious problem , kindly let us know whether it can be resolved or not ....

Note- Now i am getting this error -

template_settings.php was not found in the template folder you specified. Your template may be missing.

Are you moving the site as i have not even accessed my control panel for more then a month now and not changed any file

Regards
    Last edited by teddytom1; 10-06-2013 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teddytom1 View Post
    I am afraid the problem is still not resolved , i keep getting errors like below while browsing the site -

Could not connect: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

Lost connection to MySQL server during query

Now when we continuously refresh the page the error goes away , but the user will not refresh he will simply bounce ....

This looks like a much serious problem , kindly let us know whether it can be resolved or not ....

Note- Now i am getting this error -

template_settings.php was not found in the template folder you specified. Your template may be missing.

Are you moving the site as i have not even accessed my control panel for more then a month now and not changed any file

Regards
    Please work with us through our helpdesk (We have already responded to your ticket) as we can better address any specific issues you may be having there; it is a generally off-peak time on the system and we are performing some maintenance on the system right now which could cause sporadic issues with access, but that should be cleared up shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by layer0 View Post
    Please work with us through our helpdesk (We have already responded to your ticket) as we can better address any specific issues you may be having there; it is a generally off-peak time on the system and we are performing some maintenance on the system right now which could cause sporadic issues with access, but that should be cleared up shortly.
    Sorry i was just replying to the thread message, i have informed of the issue to help desk as well ...hope to see every thing in place soon

Regards