Any feedback about boxbilling? to switch from WHMCS

I just had enough of down time i had to have with dealing security issues of WHMCS. Box billing seems to have all the modules that we need. But before we make the jump we just wanted to get feedback from people who are already using it. n 2005 we had our own billing project called quicklyweb which is still available via sourceforge but when WHMCS came we gave up on cosing it any further and jumped on to WHMCS and saved coding time to support clients. But now we needurgently a secure and simple billing system which we can template.

Re: Any feedback about boxbilling? to switch from WHMCS

I haven't tried it by myself yet but BoxBilling is known to have many bugs. Anyway, it's free so you might want to try it on a separate server for testing purposes before managing your customers with it.

Maybe take a look to Blesta o ClientExec if you want to switch to another billing system.

Yeah i did browse their forums. There is lots of posts about lack of support from boxbilling and boxbilling being a dodo project. So i will look in to blesta and client exec. Also there seems to similar vulnerabilities occured for hostbill as well recently. So let see

No matter what billing script you use, there's always going to be bugs and vulnerabilities. Heck, there even might be a hidden vulnerability that hasn't been shared for Bleasta, ClientExec, BoxBilling, etc.

I used boxbilling. It was great for a bit. Once you grow it goes to hell fast. It is a disaster switching to WHMCS or anything else. Switch now while you can. Do not use boxbilling. It crashes out all the time. Doesn't record payments. Gives free months. Just a disaster.

And good luck trying to get a answer from the boxbilling support staff that makes any sense or has anything to do with your original question lol
    █ █ █

I would recommend looking at Blesta & Client Exec if I was you.

I think best thing will be staying with WHMCS. As it will be hell alot work to transfer all this data. So i will just disable all new signups and registrations till they come up with resolution. At the end of the day. They are in it for money and they need to resolve the issue fast to stay in business. Also they are British so i will keep things British and support my fellow country men :-)
    (PS : i was playing with the blesta and box billing last 2-3 hours. Found box billings clean design appealing but lack of features and support put me off. Blesta seems quite good and seems to be the best alternative)

Quote Originally Posted by rits View Post
    And good luck trying to get a answer from the boxbilling support staff that makes any sense or has anything to do with your original question lol
    I've submitted two tickets...

1 x support request - 1wk and stll no reply

1 x cancellation request - 4 days, still no reply

I wouldnt touch them again with a barge pol, even if they were the last company on earth!

Download a patch to upgrade to 5.2.8 from their website.
    ██ Website Hosting Mumbai | Web Hosting India
    ██ Web Hosting Unleashed
    ██ cPanel-Softaculous Shared Hosting | 99.9% Uptime
    ██ sales[at]linkwayhosting.com | +91-9930-3388-67

5.2.8 does not resolve the issue mate. That is why there is a lot of angry people out there.