View Poll Results: WHO DO U THINK IS THE BEST DEDICATED SERVER HOST?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • HOSTGATOR

1 6.67%
  • PROAXXS

8 53.33%
  • HUDSONVALLEYHOST

7 46.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

* My Dedicated Server Host Experience -- Must Read

HOSTGATOR vs PROAXXS vs HUDSONVALLEYHOST
    =================================================================
    Hello Friends,

I have Been a Webmaster For the Past 2 Years
    Now I would Like to share my Hosting Experience with u all.

I Run 7 Own Sites..Mostly Adult
    Started of with Shared Hosting Initially and thes moved to VPS
    Then with more traffic Moved to Dedicated Servers

I Had 3 Dedicated Server Host Till Now
    All 3 are Fully Manager Dedicated Servers
    Here I Give Them Points With my Experience With Them

HOSTGATOR ---------------- 4/10
    PROAXXS ------------------- 6/10
    HUDSONVALLEYHOST ----- 9/10

Read Full Review To Understand More

HOSTGATOR

• Intel Xeon Dual Core, 2.3GHz (4 Threads)
    • 100 Mbps Uplink
    • 4 GB High Performance RAM
    • 500 GB RAID-1 Drives
    • 10 TB Bandwidth
    • 2 Dedicated IPs
    • WHM/Cpanal Included

139$ 1st month After that $174/mo recurring

Positives
    1. They Give 10 Days Grace Period For Billing
    2. Instant Server Setup

Negatives
    1. Very Poor Ticket Response Time (Some times It May Take Days)
    2. Live Support Worst (To start the Chat it will take 5-30 mins)
    3. Technical Knowledge Not The Best
    4. Much Costly For Such a Small Server
    5. Domain Registration + Whois Protect Around 15+4=19$ is Poor

Verdit
    They Suspended My Account With out a reason or a Second Chance...They Even refused To Give me a Backup
    Many Say HOSTGATOR is a leading Host...But i dont know why? I feel They Simply Dont Deserve To be...
    My Rating : 4/10

PROAXXS

• Core i5-2400 Quad Core 3.1GHz - 6MB Cache (4 Threads)
    • 100 Mbps Uplink
    • 8 GB DDR3
    • 1,000 GB Hard Drive
    • 5,000 GB Monthly
    • 5 Dedicated IPs
    • WHM/Cpanal Included

$179 + 5.5$ co2 Processing Charge = 184.5$

Positives
    1. Their Ticket Response Is One Of The Best, Instant Reply
    2. Doubled My RAM to 16GB DDR3

Negatives
    1. No Live Support
    2. They Collect 5$ As Processing On Every Invoice Paid
    5. They Charge Extra $ For Instant Server Setup
    6. Poor Performance Of The Server With More Down Time

Verdit
    I Had a Very Bad Experience with them in transferring My Accounts.
    They Have The Habit Of Blaming Others For Unsolved Problems
    My Rating : 6/10

HUDSONVALLEYHOST

• Intel Xeon CPU E3-1240v3 @3.40GHz 8MB Cache(8 Threads)
    • 1 Gbps Uplink
    • 32 GB High Performance RAM
    • 1TB Hard Drive
    • 10 TB Bandwidth
    • 5 Dedicated IPs
    • WHM/Cpanal/Softaculous Included

129$/mo recurring

Positives
    1. 2nd Month Bill is Totally Free (Atleast For Now & Me)
    2. Best Live & Ticket Response (Instant Reply)
    3. I Payed for E3-1240V2 16GB RAM But They Provided Me With Much Bigger Server
    4. Very Knowledgeable Tech Staffs
    5. Very Very Fast & SMooth Account Transfer
    6. Almost Instant Server Setup
    7. Server Is Fast and 0% Downtime (Till Now)
    8. Very Much Cheap For This Bigger Server

Negatives
    1. Almost None Till Now (Will Update in the Future If i have any

Verdit
    Cheap Servers And a Great Support To Backup With...What More do u Want
    My Rating : 9/10

I'm on HudsonValleyHost too :-)

I too got much better server. You must have got lucky with almost instant setup. I had to wait about 55 hours.

I'm not sure if I would consider it the best ticket support. They outsource to India and we finally got the issues resolved, but I know specifically in 1 ticket I had to repeat myself 3 times to get my point across. To be honest, it was getting to the point where I was frustrated.

Overall, I'm very satisifed like you. 8.7/10 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by WireValley View Post
    I'm on HudsonValleyHost too :-)

I too got much better server. You must have got lucky with almost instant setup. I had to wait about 55 hours.

I'm not sure if I would consider it the best ticket support. They outsource to India and we finally got the issues resolved, but I know specifically in 1 ticket I had to repeat myself 3 times to get my point across. To be honest, it was getting to the point where I was frustrated.

Overall, I'm very satisifed like you. 8.7/10 :-)
    Why U have not used their Live Chat To Make them understand quickly?

i got my server setup in less thenn 24hrs even though i asked them to delay as much as possible

Finally Thanks for ur Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by kingofall View Post

PROAXXS

• Core i5-2400 Quad Core 3.1GHz - 6MB Cache (4 Threads)
    • 100 Mbps Uplink
    • 8 GB DDR3
    • 1,000 GB Hard Drive
    • 5,000 GB Monthly
    • 5 Dedicated IPs
    • WHM/Cpanal Included

$179 + 5.5$ co2 Processing Charge = 184.5$

Positives
    1. Their Ticket Response Is One Of The Best, Instant Reply
    2. Doubled My RAM to 16GB DDR3

Negatives
    1. No Live Support
    2. They Collect 5$ As Processing On Every Invoice Paid
    5. They Charge Extra $ For Instant Server Setup
    6. Poor Performance Of The Server With More Down Time

Verdit
    I Had a Very Bad Experience with them in transferring My Accounts.
    They Have The Habit Of Blaming Others For Unsolved Problems
    My Rating : 6/10
    This is pretty shocking to me. We do monitor all our technicians, and constantly perform quality control, so it's very rare to have these issues. But things can fall through the cracks. If you can provide me ticket number(s) so I can take a look at what transpired it would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by proaxxs View Post
    This is pretty shocking to me. We do monitor all our technicians, and constantly perform quality control, so it's very rare to have these issues. But things can fall through the cracks. If you can provide me ticket number(s) so I can take a look at what transpired it would be appreciated.
    Do u mean to say what i said in my Negative points is not true??

Negatives
    1.No Live Support
    2.They Collect 5$ As Processing On Every Invoice Paid
    3.Technical Knowledge Not The Best
    4.Much Costly For Such a Small Server
    5.They Charge Extra $ For Instant Server Setup
    6.Poor Performance Of The Server With More Down Time

I dont know what reference u need more
    if u want u can go through all my tickets...

But still i have highest respect for proaxxs
    thats y i rated it higher then hostgator

That's unfortunate as Proaxxis has some pretty good reviews on here.
    Hosting And Designs L.L.C. Since 2002 --> http://www.hostinganddesigns.com/HD/
    Tech Blog: http://www.hostinganddesigns.com/Blog/
    Sales: Lars A Jensen. Direct: 503-999-7518 9am-5+pm

Looks Like Proaxxs has given some Discounts and offers as well which was was not given for me sadly.
    I asked them If there are any Offers or coupon codes available before purchase, adn i also mentioned them that im a WHT member...To which They said NONE

i Have paid 179$/mo For a Managed WHM/Cpanal

Premium Plus Managed Server
    Core i5-2400 Quad Core 3.1GHz, 8GB RAM, 1000GB HDD, 5000GB BW, 100Mbps Port $119.20/mo – Info - Order

With WHM/cPanel + Complete Proactive Admin Management only $143.20/mo – Info - Order

Order Monthly &Use Coupon Code “PD20”
    Note: That coupon code will show one-time discount, however monthly discounted rate will be manually adjusted after setup

I'm sorry but I have no idea who you are, which is why I was asking to take a look at the tickets that you claim had issues. I just find some of what you say really hard to swallow, so I did go through quite a few tickets to see if I could find anything, but nothing found that was related.

I'm just thinking there must be some sort of miscommunication or misunderstanding, because we simply don't conduct business where we blame someone else. I looked at a lot of recent tickets and I could find no evidence of this in our helpdesk, by any of our technicians. If we did find a technician doing something like that he simply wouldn't be working for us any more. All our technicians have plenty of experience per their level of expertise, and are trained very well and follow strict procedures. Granted there can be mistakes. we all make them, but nothing blatant. Like I said we monitor our support staff, and do quality control to make sure everyone is doing their jobs properly.

As far as a processing fee, to set the record straight, we do have one processor we add a fee to, however this is disclosed upfront in our terms, and we always give our customers normal options that carry no fee whatsoever. It's really up to each customer to select his method of payment.

And yes we do have live support that works 24/7/365,...Always available. Non support such as sales and billing do not work 24/7, however even sales will answer tickets after hours, when available.

Any discounts vary and may be limited but if you do a little research you may find different discounts here and there. plus we give "other" credits all the time but we do not advertise this.

Anyway, I'm sorry you feel the way you do. It almost sounds like a pricing issue, as I see you have mentioned this often. Just remember when you price anything, you need to compare apples to apples!

Wokie hence proaxxs like to check things in detail i will quote here some of their words in the ticket here along with ticket no let me see what went worng

As for as coupon codes are concern i requested one as a WHT member this is what their responce in ticket #14949 but still there were coupon codes avilable for the same server in WHT
    5. Sorry not on dedicated servers right now. It's all relative anyway as most providers will increase their price with a coupon
    As for as live chat support is concern this is their reply in ticket #14981 seems they have live chat support only for pre sales
    The link to chat you provided is only for pre-sales chat and not support, or even sales//// only PRE-sales.
    We provide all support via our ticketing system, as this is the fastest and most efficient way of providing Level 1 to Level 3 support
    This is the reply i got after 72 hrs which was their max time for server deployment in ticket # 15329
    Sorry for the delay however billing is not currently available, and I don't have access to all records. I do however see your server is being built at this time. I will send an update message to the build dept and you should have it soon
    I have requested Accounts transfer in ticket #15363 on 07/12/2013 04:11:01 am and see when they finished 07/14/2013 11:33:32 pm. The same account transfer process from proaxxs to hudsonvalleyhost took only may be 12 hrs. In BTW proaxxs blamed on my old host for the delay in account transfer here
    Hello,

I have been checking and found that the connection from your old server is getting stalled which is increasing the download time, could you please ask your old host to check this out?

Hello,

This is something we cannot help you with, this is a network issue and has to be looked into by them. When does you term with them ends? Also can you ask them to upload backups to the server you have with us?
    My question here is i asked proaxxs to transfer accounts from 2 different hosts,was servers from both hosts got stalled ?

Again there were confusions over the monthly payment due date in ticket #15365 , They want me to be responsible for their delay in server deployment and accounts transfer which took almost 10 days for them. But finally they adjusted the due date and given me a small credit as compensation

After the accounts transfer i got lots and lots of errors in my site which i never faced before to which see what they have replyed to me in ticket #15384 this time they blamed it on the script devoleper
    Hello,

I have been trying to fix this however I'm not getting anything in the error logs while uploading, could you please ask your developer to take a look at the node and also ask him if he can advise us any server side settings?
    Next is an terrible thing. After moving to proaxxs my sites page load time went up like hell 80sec and all my traffic is gone.to which they asked me to contact a web devoleper to optimize codes in ticket #15391 and further in ticket #15411,#15442,#15492 Which was wrong. Finally after months of frustration that problem was fixed by them selfs after installing Nignx in the server.
    That was really an hell of an experiance for me.

Then i faced downtime as /tmp was not cleaned in time.they must have configured to clean it automatically to avoid those. But finally they made it after my request in ticket #15540,#15579
    Hello,

I have cleared the session files from /tmp as well as configured it to be cleaned automatically.
    Again i faced heavy server load of 50+ for quiet some time in all my sites which i said in ticked #15807 to which they again blamed on sctipt codes. But till now i never contacted a devolepor but still all my sites working perfectly fine till now. So u must understand whose fault is this
    Hello King,

We checked and found that the server was facing server load because of mysql processes as this process is of a database picsbee_pics so we suggest you to contact your developer and optimize your database.
    Finally the worst of the lot.
    Google started to index my site pages as ns1.mysite/results which started to kill SEO of my site which resulted in my sites doing soo poorly to which they blamed it on google in ticket #15901. Which was wrong as my new host explained me it happened due to an DNS entry entered as ns1.mysite (which was not my ns1 ) made in my server wrongly...now with my new host im not facing any such ptoblems hence my sites are doing pretty well more then my expectations
    Hello King,

This is something which we do not and can not control as since the results are controlled by google and you will have to contact them as we have removed the DNS entries of "ns1.desibees.com & ns2.desibees.com" from the server and also check the same entries at your registrar end, if exist then remove it.
    As for as processing fers in concern its easy for u to say paying through paypal has no processing fees and its in ur T&C But my question is,i had no processing fees when paying directly through my credit card either with hostgator nor with hudsonvallyhost then why do u have processing fees when paying directly through cards.? Simple as that.

Its the end customers who has to decide which one is Apple and which one is peanut.
    Certainly to me Proaxxs is not an Apple.

Finally it took me hours to go through all the tickets and point out things here with quotes...
    If u want i can post full ticket conversation for every one to know in detail....

But still im doing all this not to discourage proaxxs...again and again i say i have highest of respect to Proaxxs..but still u r no match to hidsonvallyhost in comparison

Good luck guys

Soo Sad Proaxxs is not interested to make a reply for soo long

Sorry we're not interested in the drama
    You have your opinion and we completely disagree