Design and flash?

Best type of web design? Should i steer clients away from flash or no. Most people want SEO optimized designs but insist on Flash.

Flash is so 18th century these days.
    There are better techniques which can get better results instead of using the resource hogging flash.
    HTML5/CSS3 for example
    Explain these to your clients, they should be able to understand.

Clients dont get it though. LOL. They insist on flash this and flash that. The only thing I want to hear about flash is my woman doing that to me LMAO. I dont know how to convince them to go the other way.

Maybe they like flash, but by flash do they mean actual flash files or flashy style banners/intros. With html5 you can do a lot of really cool things to make you page more active like flash does except its supported everywhere unlike flash

The trick with clients is getting to the bottom of what they want it to look like. Most of them just know buzz words like flash, but what they really mean are things you can easily do with either HTML5/CSS3 or javascript/jquery. Step back, take an objective look at what they're asking and ask for examples if you can't piece it together. Once you get to the bottom of it, you should be able to rule out flash entirely . Hope that helps!

Hello CorbinHosting,

I would not recommend Flash any more, it's dying and HTML5 will quickly make it all but obsolete.

Clients are sometimes way behind on what is best or even what they want. There are clients who still want guestbooks and animated gifs of dancing hamsters.

We just have to guide them gently into understanding.
    [B]Scott M

Quote Originally Posted by scott_m View Post
    Hello CorbinHosting,

I would not recommend Flash any more, it's dying and HTML5 will quickly make it all but obsolete.

Clients are sometimes way behind on what is best or even what they want. There are clients who still want guestbooks and animated gifs of dancing hamsters.

We just have to guide them gently into understanding.
    +1, well said!

Flash is so 5 years ago
    Really, don't use it unless you have to. If it's a game, it's kind of the standard, but other than that, no no no no!
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

HTML5/CSS3 is better than Flash unless it's required by the Client.

Use HTML5, CSS3, and jQuery.
    BD Web Services | Since 2009
    Linux & Windows Hosting | Master Reseller Hosting | Remote Backup | Money Back Guarantee | DDOS Protected | USA & Germany
    Web and SEO Tools cPanel/WHM Proxy, DNS, SEO, GEO, QR Code, Website information AT-A-GLANCE

To see a flash website today makes me cringe, HTML5 and CSS3 are the way forward.

skip Flash. Use HTML5 and CSS3.