* [ASK] Reseller and Shared server

Hi all,

i want to expand my service with providing reseller package to client, but i have some doubt here:

1. am i must separated the server between shared hosting server and reseller hosting server?

2. if i mix them in one server which mean in one server there would be a shared hosting account along with reseller account, does it good?

Please share your thought in technical and business aspect

Quote Originally Posted by jetorbit View Post
    i want to expand my service with providing reseller package to client, but i have some doubt here:

1. am i must separated the server between shared hosting server and reseller hosting server?
    If you are offering white label (for real) for resellers you have to be on the different server, different hostname (not related with your brand). But this is just my opinion...Of course , you can do whatever you want.

Regards
    ROWEBCA
    Server Services

Quote Originally Posted by Rowebca View Post
    If you are offering white label (for real) for resellers you have to be on the different server, different hostname (not related with your brand). But this is just my opinion...Of course , you can do whatever you want.

Regards
    Did you mean for different hostname is just like :
    ns1.myrealwebsite.net

different : reseller1.notmyrealwebsitexyz.net ?

Did you mean for different hostname is just like :
    ns1.myrealwebsite.net

different : reseller1.notmyrealwebsitexyz.net ?
    Second one. Where users are going in cPanel. For me, "ns1.myrealwebsite.net" a NameServer, not a hostname.

Regards
    ROWEBCA
    Server Services

Highly suggest you go with separated server for better monitoring and CloudLinux will be a best bet for Reseller or Shared Hosting.
    NetDepot.com - Dedicated Servers - Cloud Servers - CDN
    Atlanta, Dallas, NYC area - Chicago & Los Angeles (Coming Soon)
    Fully Automated Cloud | All Dedicated Servers include IPMI
    20 Year Operating History - Financially Stable Business

I had a related conversation a while ago here.

Basically if you want to call it white label then you need a separate box from your shared hosting with a generic FQDN. So you would buy a domain websitehostingsomething or whatever turn on whois privacy, give the box(es) names that don't hint at your host and preferably get an ssl certificate for the box. This could also be a VPS keep in mind. Nothing is ever truly whitelabel though and if someone tried hard enough they could probably figure out who the host is.. that's just reality.

You can mix both shared and reseller accounts. Just make sure to separate your main domain.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Don't put all eggs into one basket, Highly suggest you have separated server.
    NetDepot.com - Dedicated Servers - Cloud Servers - CDN
    Atlanta, Dallas, NYC area - Chicago & Los Angeles (Coming Soon)
    Fully Automated Cloud | All Dedicated Servers include IPMI
    20 Year Operating History - Financially Stable Business

Quote Originally Posted by MrPiang View Post
    Highly suggest you go with separated server for better monitoring and CloudLinux will be a best bet for Reseller or Shared Hosting.
    I will go for it used their cagefs feature

Quote Originally Posted by critihost View Post
    I had a related conversation a while ago here.

Basically if you want to call it white label then you need a separate box from your shared hosting with a generic FQDN. So you would buy a domain websitehostingsomething or whatever turn on whois privacy, give the box(es) names that don't hint at your host and preferably get an ssl certificate for the box. This could also be a VPS keep in mind. Nothing is ever truly whitelabel though and if someone tried hard enough they could probably figure out who the host is.. that's just reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    You can mix both shared and reseller accounts. Just make sure to separate your main domain.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPiang View Post
    Don't put all eggs into one basket, Highly suggest you have separated server.
    Thats the technique, getting prepare for ssl and other stuff.

Why must visitor know what the upstream of this reseller? is that important?
    and if i choose to mix shared and reseller account in one server, whats the technical issue?

If your reseller's customer tries hard enough and is tech savvy enough or you have enough customers they can probably figure out that you're hosting the reseller account and/or what datacenter it is and who provides the bandwidth etc etc. This is only negative to the reseller who wants to appear as more than a reseller.

If you chose to mix shared and reseller in one server there is no technical issue except for the fact that you have one server with everything and if that goes down then all your shared and resellers will go down as well. If you don't overcrowd the server it doesn't create any problems per se.

However, it does cause two things which may or may not be an issue to you. First, I would like my shared hosts to easily see who's hosting them. I like the host name showing obviously that I'm the one hosting them. Your resellers will not want this on the other hand.

Hi all,

2. if i mix them in one server which mean in one server there would be a shared hosting account along with reseller account, does it good?

Please share your thought in technical and business aspect
    It should not matter, Resellers should still be able to setup private NS. I would go with separate servers for reasons explained by others.
    || NetCloud ☁ True Cloud Servers ☁
    || OnApp Cloud ★ Enterprise HA SAN ★ GNAX Atlanta

Certainly a separate server is highly recommended. You can have a VPS/Cloud for shared hosting and a dedicated server for setting up reseller accounts.

i would go for server with reseller account on it, i have server that used for shared host currently
    thanks for all of your advice.