Moving email from one hosting account to another

Hi all

I need to move some client email from one host to my vps hosting account. how can i do that as smoothly as possible without client loosing any email? Note client use outlook 2007 and email set as pop3.

I thought of doing it by creating the account of the domain on my vps first then create all the email addresses.

After that i will change dns of the domain to point to my vps. once DNS has properly propagates to new server, i would change server setting in client outlook.

The online problem is that client has spamtitan install on old hosting account i don't know how to move that.

Can you tell us a little bit about your hosting service? Are you running cPanel? The easiest migration methods available to you will depend on what software your host is running.
    ▄▀▄ Brian Harrison, Lead Engineer - Reprise Hosting (AS62838)
    ▄▀▄ Deals on cheap dedicated server hosting. IPMI included! Unmetered bandwidth.
    ▄▀▄ Website migration, 24/7/365 support, basic server setup, 15 day money back.
    ▄▀▄ Looking for DEALS on self-managed cheap VPS hosting? Visit VPSHostingDEAL.com

moving email

The old host is using something call basic unix the host is hosting365 and my vps is running cpanel.

Hello,

If your old server provides only POP to retrieve emails, you can use "fetchmail" to retrieve emails to the new mailbox on your cPanel server. If the old server provides IMAP service, you can use imapsync utility to migrate email accounts.

To know how to fetch emails via fetchmail for an email account, read http://www.howtoforge.com/debian_etch_fetchmail . Read section 3.2.

You can read some imapsync tutorials at http://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Guide_to_imapsync

easiest for you is to let them download all emails through outlook and then point the DNS to the new server immediately during non-office hour
    Alex - info[@]serverhk.org
    Server Hong Kong Company - The optimized choice
    No limitation at service scope but promise you always the best price for whatever service level required.