Replies within portal only or accept inbound emails ?

Sometimes I can't help but wonder if there are any missed email tickets due to the spam filter.

How do you guys feel about forcing the client to be able to reply to tickets via the support portal only.

This will eliminate any missed ticket/replies from the customer but bring a minor annoyance to them.
    VimHost█ Providing Web Hosting since 2003: 13 Years of Dedication to our customers ~ Premium Hosting in Canada
    Email Hosting | RTMP Hosting | FFMPEG Hosting

Easy solution.

I'm assuming your ticket reply system looks for a pattern in the subject so it knows what ticket to update. Just setup an exception in your spam filter so that anything matching that subject pattern will not be tagged as spam.

Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

The problem comes from when you are piping the email from major providers like yahoo/gmail/outlook. Once they get tagged as spam and it goes to the junk folder and never get forwarded.

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    Easy solution.

I'm assuming your ticket reply system looks for a pattern in the subject so it knows what ticket to update. Just setup an exception in your spam filter so that anything matching that subject pattern will not be tagged as spam.

VimHost█ Providing Web Hosting since 2003: 13 Years of Dedication to our customers ~ Premium Hosting in Canada
    Email Hosting | RTMP Hosting | FFMPEG Hosting

I find it sort of annoying to login to a support portal. However, if you're leaving out all the processing of the incoming email the portal is much easier to implement. So I understand why they're doing it.