Thread: Godaddy hosting

Godaddy hosting

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a reseller hosting in Europe.

One of my major concerns is speed.

I have been with hostgator for many years without complains, however USA is very far away and latency times were huge.

Recently I have changed to site5 and I am using the UK sever. Not bad, but recently I had some redirection issues with some sites which made me curious about other hosting services.

So I went ahead and tried godaddy hosting and hosted a site in the Netherlands server just for testing purposes.

I was very surprised to see how fast are their servers. I have a portfolio website loaded with pictures and I was amazed how fast it loaded, I noticed the difference right away.

Unfortunately godaddy doesn`t support IMAP even for the reseller plan and besides that it has an annoying user interface, well its godaddy.

I have searched and viewed a lot of reviews but cannot find that fast and reliable hosting service that I want. I love godaddy hosting just for the speed, I wish I could find one hosting service such as fast but only not being godaddy.

Any advices?

Cheers!

Whats fast for you may be slow for a browser on your website from a different country. Are you targeting a certain country?
    U.S.A. High Resource allocation global cloud hosting serving 310,000 clients since 2008 | Offering both cPanel & DirectAdmin
    WebsitePlex.com | Instant Activation | Alpha, Master, Reseller & Cloud Hosting
    Recurring Affiliate Program Pays 20% of total revenue for life | 30 Day Trial

Quote Originally Posted by madzoni View Post
    I have searched and viewed a lot of reviews but cannot find that fast and reliable hosting service that I want. I love godaddy hosting just for the speed, I wish I could find one hosting service such as fast but only not being godaddy.
    You can go to resellers offer forum and search "Netherlands".
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130
    It could be Site5 server is overloaded or your location is closer to Netherlands than UK.
    UK and Netherlands server would not be much different in terms of loading speed IMO.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise

Quote Originally Posted by PremiumHost View Post
    You can go to resellers offer forum and search "Netherlands".
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130
    It could be Site5 server is overloaded or your location is closer to Netherlands than UK.
    UK and Netherlands server would not be much different in terms of loading speed IMO.
    None of our servers are overloaded, can you tell me why you would think that ? We also post all our server stats in real time online so you can see them and the load and see for yourself. Sure a surge can happen with a user being featured on Oprah or Reddit, but we have a separate team watching over the servers that goes in to make sure that doesn't affect other clients.

@madzoni - Can you tell me what redirection issues you had? Was that because we had to turn on protection from a DDOS attack to keep your website up? What server are you on? Let me know and I'd be happy to post full info.

I've never heard of a site being faster at GoDaddy over us , a huge chunk of our customers move to us from GoDaddy so please let me know your site ID. I'd be happy to run some tests from LoadImpact and show you the results too.

Thanks, Ben
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

Quote Originally Posted by bwb View Post
    None of our servers are overloaded, can you tell me why you would think that ? We also post all our server stats in real time online so you can see them and the load and see for yourself. Sure a surge can happen with a user being featured on Oprah or Reddit, but we have a separate team watching over the servers that goes in to make sure that doesn't affect other clients.
    You can check with the OP about that. I only suggest 2 possible explanations why his godaddy hosting account is faster than Site5. What else can it be?
    Maybe I misunderstood the OP that your hosting is as fast as godaddy but he had problem with redirect only.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise

@madzoni - Can you tell me what redirection issues you had? Was that because we had to turn on protection from a DDOS attack to keep your website up? What server are you on? Let me know and I'd be happy to post full info.

I've never heard of a site being faster at GoDaddy over us , a huge chunk of our customers move to us from GoDaddy so please let me know your site ID. I'd be happy to run some tests from LoadImpact and show you the results too.

Thanks, Ben
    Hello Ben,

First of all let me say that it has been very difficult to find a good enough hosting service that I would replace for site5, overall I am still very happy with it. The multiadmin feature is quite unique

As far as speed is concern, maybe I would be better with the Netherlands server, but I did some tests before I subscribe and UK server seemed better and besides that has the same time zone.

I have contacted support service about the redirection issue, they did some tests and it seems everything was ok on Site5 side. The truth is I have experience seeing some type of site5 default page instead of the site itself. Is strange because it does not happen with all visitors. I have experience once or twice myself.

I am using s4-london.

Thanks you.

Quote Originally Posted by PremiumHost View Post
    You can check with the OP about that. I only suggest 2 possible explanations why his godaddy hosting account is faster than Site5. What else can it be?
    Maybe I misunderstood the OP that your hosting is as fast as godaddy but he had problem with redirect only.
    I could suggest at least 10 other explanations, not to mention the issue of how it is measured and from where . You should know better as a host, it reflects poorly on you when your first goto is that we overload our servers when you don't know anything about us. It would be better if you try to help the people on this forum instead of blaming others,
    Thanks, Ben

Hello Ben,

First of all let me say that it has been very difficult to find a good enough hosting service that I would replace for site5, overall I am still very happy with it. The multiadmin feature is quite unique

As far as speed is concern, maybe I would be better with the Netherlands server, but I did some tests before I subscribe and UK server seemed better and besides that has the same time zone.

I have contacted support service about the redirection issue, they did some tests and it seems everything was ok on Site5 side. The truth is I have experience seeing some type of site5 default page instead of the site itself. Is strange because it does not happen with all visitors. I have experience once or twice myself.

I am using s4-london.

Thanks you.
    Thanks , can you tell me the ticket ID so I can check?

What you describe almost sounds like a DNS problem and that some of your visitors are using an old dns zone maybe. I'd love to have one of our people take a 2nd look as that shouldn't ever happen.

On any ticket if you get a bad response when you are obviously having a real problem please ask for a manager, or email me/coo/cto at management@site5.com, or rate it badly (rates in real time and goes to a manager for review in real time). We train all our team to take customer issues seriously and it is a very serious offense if they didn't listen to you about a problem you are seeing. Nothing is more frustrating than seeing a problem and having support not believe you. I hate hate hate that. We might as well become a cable company or cell phone provider if we do that.

thanks, Ben

Thanks , can you tell me the ticket ID so I can check?

What you describe almost sounds like a DNS problem and that some of your visitors are using an old dns zone maybe. I'd love to have one of our people take a 2nd look as that shouldn't ever happen.

On any ticket if you get a bad response when you are obviously having a real problem please ask for a manager, or email me/coo/cto at management@site5.com, or rate it badly (rates in real time and goes to a manager for review in real time). We train all our team to take customer issues seriously and it is a very serious offense if they didn't listen to you about a problem you are seeing. Nothing is more frustrating than seeing a problem and having support not believe you. I hate hate hate that. We might as well become a cable company or cell phone provider if we do that.

thanks, Ben
    Hello Ben,

The guys at support have been great but I don`t know what else can I tell them to help solve the problem. Here is the ticket ID: TDKB-99671.

Thanks for your help!

Hello Ben,

The guys at support have been great but I don`t know what else can I tell them to help solve the problem. Here is the ticket ID: TDKB-99671.

Thanks for your help!
    No problem, update coming soon,
    thanks, Ben

Just wanted to check in here, our team sent over info and just wanted to make sure everything was going well in working to track that down and explain further?

Let me know,
    thanks, Ben