Angry BudgetVM headaches

So, I have some VPSs with BudgetVM, all of which are on autopay via PayPal.

Three days after the most recent scheduled payment happens, they suspend my service for "non payment" Two tickets, three plus days, and multiple phone calls later, they realize their error and restore service.

Now, their SLA includes suspensions caused by BudgetVM's error as outages, however I they will not provide SLA credit for this.

Now that I've requested SLA credit, theyve changed their story, and now say the suspension was justified, and that I only paid after it was suspended.

I already sent them paypal screenshots etc when I originally contacted them about the suspension. Now I'll probably have to do it again to remind the billing dept that it was their error.

Yes, theyre a budget host and all. But as long as their price is paid, service shouldnt be suspended for nonpmt. And noone forced them to have an SLA. They should honor it - budget pricing notwithstanding.

Mostly just venting, but also curious if anyone else has had a similar problem with BudgetVM.
    error mounting /proc: No such file or directory
    error mounting /sys: No such file or directory
    Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

..OMG they tried to kill init.. you b@stards.

I've never heard of them not holding up to their SLA so that's kind of weird, however there is a first for everything. If you have screenshots of the payment being made on time, have you asked for it to be escalated to management?
    ⚫⚪⚫⚪ Running your web hosting business has never been easier - Hostistic.com
    ⚫⚪⚫⚪ More Details coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by EliteTurtle View Post
    I've never heard of them not holding up to their SLA so that's kind of weird, however there is a first for everything. If you have screenshots of the payment being made on time, have you asked for it to be escalated to management?
    I'm probably just gonna stop using them. I've also got VPSs with Linode and ARP Networks. While those two are pricier than BudgetVM at least neither has ever pulled anything like this. I'll probably just move stuff there.

So, in that regard, SLA credit really wont even make up for the downtime caused by their error. Plus I've already spent more in time arguing with their billing folks than the VPSs are worth. Its just irritating.

LOL, BudgetVM has changed their story yet again.

Now, they blame PayPal, and claim that PayPal only now sent them the fund and the notification of the payment. This would almost be believable except for the fact that BudgetVM sent me confirmation of the payment seconds after it was made.

*sigh*

Sometimes Paypal do mess up payments and they take far longer to process than they should so customers end up with suspended accounts.

The best way to avoid this is to pay 10 days or so in advance.

I'm not trying to say this is your fault because they already confirmed your payment, just that it would make it pretty clear if it was your host who had made a mistake instead.

David Man
    www.openitc.co.uk - We create, we host, we connect - Fully Managed VPS & Dedicated Hosting
    www.direvps.com - When nothing but price matters! - Brutal marketing for a brutal market!

dont you read their review before order?
    yeah their price is very attractive, i remember i also had an account with them before and their support is amazing bad

Yeah, they are not known for being very helpful and reliable.
    Either way, PayPal can infact delay payments and notifications.
    But if you have received a payment confirmation e-mail from them, then they are most likely lying to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuguhost View Post
    dont you read their review before order?
    yeah their price is very attractive, i remember i also had an account with them before and their support is amazing bad
    I've had service with them for a very long time. Their support had been stellar prior to this incident.

Quote Originally Posted by kambone View Post
    Yeah, they are not known for being very helpful and reliable.
    Until this incident, they have always been helpful whenever there was any problem, which was only twice in the very long time since I have had service with them.

Either way, PayPal can infact delay payments and notifications.
    Yes, PayPal is famous for doing that.

In this instance however....

But if you have received a payment confirmation e-mail from them, then they are most likely lying to you.
    Exactly! And they can't even keep the lies straight.

One minute they blame me, then paypal, then me again, then paypal, etc. Gotta blame anybody but ENZU.

At least now they are reluctantly giving me SLA credit; I can't help but wonder if my complaining on here about not getting SLA credit helped them changed their minds. They still blaming everyone but ENZU though.

When you paid and you got the invoice payment email from BudgetVM that means Paypal went through,, they must be using IPN.

Now, Paypal can be slow at times today I had a client make a payment and it took 30 minutes to come into the Paypal in the meantime the client opened 4 tickets and ended up paying 6 times in total... He was refunded the rest of the payments, but just so you know what I mean... if the invoice was marked paid right after you made the payment and this could be proved by the timestamp of the invocie payment email and the paypal time stamp then it's not paypal's fault... if you don't get a invoice paid email from budgetvm then they either manually approve the invoice payments or Paypal was acting up.
    TrentaHost INC. || Fully Managed DDoS Protected Services Globally (NA - EU - Asia)
    Reseller Hosting- Pure SSD | Litespeed | Imunify360 | CloudLinux | 24x7 Support | Mailchannels
    Linux & Windows DDoS Protected SSD VPS - cPanel / WHM | DDoS Protection | Let's Encrypt | Pure-SSD
    DDoS Protected Locations : Portland, OR (North America) | Amsterdam, NL (Europe) | Singapore (Asia)

Update:

It looks like the ticket got escalated to management, and someone is looking into what went wrong. BudgetVM is also trying to make this right for me, so maybe this will have a happy ending after all.

Will post more when I know more.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe262 View Post
    Update:

It looks like the ticket got escalated to management, and someone is looking into what went wrong. BudgetVM is also trying to make this right for me, so maybe this will have a happy ending after all.

Will post more when I know more.
    Hi Jos262, Any updates yet?

Why do I ask? Is that I have a serious issue going on also with them...and 2nd time in 2 weeks. I have (3) vps's with them

I will vent more very soon for sure!!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by IamJim View Post
    Hi Jos262, Any updates yet?

Why do I ask? Is that I have a serious issue going on also with them...and 2nd time in 2 weeks. I have (3) vps's with them

I will vent more very soon for sure!!

Jim
    Well, a member of management had replied to my ticket, promised to address the concerns, made certain promises to try to keep my business, etc etc, even mentioning this WHT thread in his reply.

BUT, haven't seen the promised follow through yet.

Trying to continue to give them the benefit of the doubt, but theyre not exactly making that an easy thing to do.

Do tell, what issue are you currently having with them?

Are you my lucky charm or something? As your message came in, my 1 server started responding again. It is now 2:59PM here and it went offline 2:57am

I'll update you PM when I can sir, I am hours behind of what I need to do.

Jim

*Sigh*

Well, BudgetVM states they are now going to use Sendgrid for all outbound email, and that this is somehow going to solve the problem.....

<sarcasm>
    Because, as we all know, using exim or postfix is the root cause of all billing disputes..
    </sarcasm>

I really wonder what is up with them.. It did NOT used to be like this with BudgetVM at all..

*Sigh*

Well, BudgetVM states they are now going to use Sendgrid for all outbound email, and that this is somehow going to solve the problem.....

<sarcasm>
    Because, as we all know, using exim or postfix is the root cause of all billing disputes..
    </sarcasm>

I really wonder what is up with them.. It did NOT used to be like this with BudgetVM at all..
    in the last few months BudgetVM have been making changes to there WHMCS at one point when you placed an order you got email but did not do anything in WHMCS like create pending product etc. This could been what caused your issue.
    Craig Leach FuzzyHosts Your warm, friendly, afforable hosting company
    Accepting Paypal
    Currently in Los Angeles, USA
    cPanel + Softaculous | Dedicated Serers | VPS | IRCd | Shoutcast

*Sigh*

<sarcasm>
    </sarcasm>

Well, here we go again. And it looks like they never did a thing about their email issues either. As they said they sent emails regarding BLOCK that they put on our VPS while I was transferring files from one BudgetVPS to Another BudgetVPS.

NO EMAILS ever seen or rec'd or Proof of even sending !!

They tell me they created a ticket, yet the ticket is non existent in my clients control panel. They said the following, which is UNTRUE also.

THEY NEVER USED THE TELEPHONE !!
    Hello,

1. Yes, payment was made and this is not payment related.

2. It appeared that way as a possible outgoing DDOS attack and you were notified via QCC-808-96644 about the issue, were given more leniency since you were referred by a good standing customer and did not respond to our emails. In this industry, 332Mbps outgoing is either an outgoing DDOS attack or a misconfigured outgoing file transfer however we tried to notify you via QCC-808-96644.

3. You were notified. The ticket ID is QCC-808-96644. You were notified 06 November 2013 04:59 PM that the service is pending termination due to lack of response, some leniency was given and the service was finally terminated 11 November 2013 03:07 PM which your service was down over 9 days with a suspension.

I am sorry that this is rather unfortunate but we did make every effort to notify you however this issue is in the sales manager's ticket queue to resolve.

The original ticket QCC-808-96644:

Posted on: 02 November 2013 03:23 AM
    Dear valued customer,
    Our network monitoring has detected 332Mbps outgoing from 198.98.122.129

Can you explain what you are hosting/running, why this outgoing bandwidth exceeds 100Mbps and what you are going to do to limit it to under 100Mbps, incoming or outgoing.
    --

It is now 12:05pmCST and Mike told me he would call me yesterday about 4:15pm.

I am trying to be civil about this, and trying my best not to post ANOTHER NIGHTMARE that is going on now, but lack of communication and service will leave me no alternative I feel, as no one should have to deal with issues, that are caused by them. And they blame the customers.
    Last edited by IamJim; 11-16-2013 at 02:16 PM.