hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Web Hosting Lounge : Range Rover vs 100 Bikers

Forum Jump

Range Rover vs 100 Bikers

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Lounge Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Web Hosting Master

Range Rover vs 100 Bikers

Don't know if anybody has seen this video, but it's pretty intense.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=319_1380522846

Here's a news article relating to it:

http://nypost.com/2013/09/30/bikers-...r-rams-riders/

Sponsored Links
Old
Community Liaison

The link to the news article does not work.

Interesting video, would like to see the news article to see what the outcome was.

Old
Seriously...

http://nypost.com/2013/09/30/bikers-...r-rams-riders/

The news article seems to ignore the bikers he ran over prior to them catching up with the car. Not that it's an excuse to do what they did though.

Sponsored Links
Old

i was reading this yesterday. very crazy but i wonder what happen before the chase happen.

Old
Community Liaison

Quote:
Originally Posted by eghosting View Post
...i wonder what happen before the chase happen.
I was wondering the same thing.
The video seems very selective in what it shows.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeZazz View Post
I was wondering the same thing.
The video seems very selective in what it shows.
Definitely. There has to be a reason why the bikers decided to stop in front of the SUV.

Old
Community Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corx View Post
Definitely. There has to be a reason why the bikers decided to stop in front of the SUV.
Looked to me like someone had stopped in front of him, and the SUV was about to bump one of the bikes as the view shifted. The rest then stopped and were looking back, so as a guess, he bumped someone accidentally, they reacted strongly and he panicked to get out of there. Call it gut feeling, but being surrounded by all those bikes and them pissed off at you, I get it.

In fact, viewing that beginning again, the bike that was bumped crowded him, and appeared to be staring him down through the windshield. Either something happened just before, or they may have started it...

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear View Post
Looked to me like someone had stopped in front of him, and the SUV was about to bump one of the bikes as the view shifted. The rest then stopped and were looking back, so as a guess, he bumped someone accidentally, they reacted strongly and he panicked to get out of there. Call it gut feeling, but being surrounded by all those bikes and them pissed off at you, I get it.
Yup, but why did the bike stop in front of the SUV in the first place on a highway?

Old
find / -name Support > you

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear View Post
In fact, viewing that beginning again, the bike that was bumped crowded him, and appeared to be staring him down through the windshield. Either something happened just before, or they may have started it...
From what I've read and saw in that video, the bumping/hitting of the biker that brake checked the SUV started it all. They started to go after the SUV when it hit and the driver stopped. He then feared for the safety of his wife and child as they started attacking the SUV as mob mentality took over. Driver went to flight mode and took off while calling 911.

Though there is conflicting info all over, from the age of the child to the injuries involved. So, who knows.

Quote:
Yup, but why did the bike stop in front of the SUV in the first place on a highway?
To be the idiots that they are and ruin motorcycle riding for those that follow the laws. Other videos from supposedly the same group in previous years show them doing the same thing to cars and generally breaking laws...riding on the sidewalks, wrong side of road, lane splits between different sides of roads, stopping in intersections, wheelies, bashing cars, etc. They know cops wont chase them because of past experiences where they have been sued because of injury/death.

As they started breaking laws before the biker was run over, who knows what they would have done if he didn't flee and was stuck in that location. Put your self in to a situation where you have done something to a member of a group and the group reacts hostilely, if not physically just verbally. What would you do? Now add in people that you love to the mix. Now add in a isolated location where the only people around to at least watch is you and them. Flight or fight mode kicks in and in this situation flight mode to a location where other people are at is your best choice to survive and that flight took them over a biker that started it all.

Old
Web Hosting Master

I live in New York. There's a lot of crazy people a a heck of a lot of road rage. That highway is very busy during the day. I heard about this last night on the radio while working and it sounded like nothing new.

Old
find / -name Support > you

For those interested, NBC is reporting that they have charged the brake checker with "reckless endangerment, reckless driving, and endangering the welfare of a child". They also are reporting that the person ran over has broken legs, but the family is saying he may never walk again. Honestly, I think the brake checker should be charged with more and should take medical and personal responsibility for that guy that he got hurt.

Also, if you look at the pics on the NY post article, you see the front passenger window smashed in. The bikers may use the excuse of chasing him so he doesn't get away with a "hit and run" but when you smash in the passenger window, all bets are off in my opinion that you are after justice and just want to hurt them.

Old
Community Liaison 2.0

Quote:
This shows a lot of their behavior in a more realistic light.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3cd_1380579664

A serial entrepreneur is someone who effectively manages startups within their means to manage them, not someone who runs 30 different business ideas at once hoping one works. If I wanted to hire someone to throw things at a wall to see what sticks, I'd hire a two year old.

Old

Only good thing (if it can be good) that only one person is injured.

Old
Security Ninja

Too bad the driver didn't have a concealed firearm permit. I think in a situation like this, deadly force towards anyone attempting to enter the SUV would have been authorized.

Kudos to the driver though for mowing down some of these thugs, shame he didn't hit more.

Old
Community Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Too bad the driver didn't have a concealed firearm permit.
Fairly sure a shooting would have escalated this to them mobbing and potentially killing all inside. A gun is a last resort, and used very, very cautiously.

He was from out of state, so even if he had a carry permit there, NY doesn't honor those. He'd be in jail for the gun.