Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1

    Exclamation What host should i use?

    I am a student and i am running my own website design and developing business, i include hosting as an option, my current host is 1and but i have found out that their plan can not seem to maintain all the processes. i am looking for a host that i can use to host 10+ websites that are small business that will be growing. Any advice i would love to hear as it is all helpful in making my decision. Thank you

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    16,087
    I would suggest looking at a reseller plan. You really don't want to host numerous clients within a single shared hosting account.

    Additionally - perform searches for reviews of any provider you're considering. Here on WHT is a great place to search.

    http://www.screen-shot.net/WHTSearch.png
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    227
    Defo go for a Reseller plan. Once you are comfortable and bringing in the coin perhaps go for a VPS for more control.
    Doran
    Senior Support Advisor for daily.co.uk
    Low Cost VPS Soultions: www.daily.co.uk/products/virtual-private-servers | High Performance Dedicated Servers: www.daily.co.uk/products/dedicated-servers/

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,799
    I agree with @MikeDVB, a reseller is the way to go. Most shared hosting providers utilize CloudLinux (or equivalent systems), as a result multiple sites in a shared account are forced to share the same resource pool. On a reseller account each site has its own resource allocation.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts
    Download Trial

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    16,087
    I was speaking more from an isolation/security standpoint more than anything else.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,799
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    I was speaking more from an isolation/security standpoint more than anything else.
    Very true. Those are the most important gains for sure.

    I was referring to the OPs stated problem of hitting process limits with a single account, should have been a new paragraph though.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts
    Download Trial

  7. #7
    Could anyone recommend a good reseller host? cheap, good quality?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Data center
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by apsites View Post
    Could anyone recommend a good reseller host? cheap, good quality?
    Whats your budget? I suggest you look at quality rather than a 'cheap' price because you cant have them both (most of the times).

  9. #9
    i dont really want to go above 10/month but im not sure weather that is a low price, i v taken a look around and iv found reseller hosting for 6 - 30 so not too sure. i just need something to get me by at this stage until i get up to the next level and making more money. Thank you for the help everyone

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    5,054
    You should really consider getting yourself a reseller plan but if you want an even better solution then I would highly suggest you to get yourself a small managed VPS from a reputable provider.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Posts
    57
    Agree! Reseller hosting would probably be the best approach for you at this time. Possibly find a Provider that offers reseller hosting and maybe even VPS/Cloud Server hosting who will allow you to upgrade without cancelling. Also see if they migrate for you.

    Good luck!
    Hosted Desktops include Manages Support, Disaster Recovery and More!
    Hosted Desktops - Managed Services - Infrastructure as a Service
    UCclouds.com "Everything UC is in the Cloud"

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    I would suggest looking at a reseller plan. You really don't want to host numerous clients within a single shared hosting account
    One of the reasons for this is because if the account gets suspended, all the addon domains will be unavailable too. Where as if each addon domain had its own cPanel account, and the provider neeeded to suspend a domain due to high usage, they could suspend that one domain and all other domains would be unaffected due to them being hosted under a different cPanel account.

    So in short, if you have several domains to host, it'd be best to use a Reseller account rather than hosting each domain as an addon domain which could make a lot more of your websites unavailable.

  13. #13

    hah

    Wouldn't it be nice if that was actually done

    Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    One of the reasons for this is because if the account gets suspended, all the addon domains will be unavailable too. Where as if each addon domain had its own cPanel account, and the provider neeeded to suspend a domain due to high usage, they could suspend that one domain and all other domains would be unaffected due to them being hosted under a different cPanel account.

    So in short, if you have several domains to host, it'd be best to use a Reseller account rather than hosting each domain as an addon domain which could make a lot more of your websites unavailable.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Data center
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by apsites View Post
    i dont really want to go above 10/month but im not sure weather that is a low price, i v taken a look around and iv found reseller hosting for 6 - 30 so not too sure. i just need something to get me by at this stage until i get up to the next level and making more money. Thank you for the help everyone
    That price should be certainly acceptable for reseller packages. However, if you are considering something like WHMCS, that will cost another $15.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    14
    I agree that a cPanel based reseller account would probably be best for this scenario, at least until you grow to a point where you can afford a VPS. You should be able to find a cPanel reseller account with a high quality provider for as low as $25 per month. CloudLinux is a good thing to see as well, for the security and reliability enhancements it brings to shared accounts (your clients).

    <<snipped>>

    Best of luck!
    Last edited by foobic; 10-01-2013 at 09:13 PM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    US; UK/EU; Asia/Australia
    Posts
    893
    Op, you are in the uk?
    Check resellerspanel.com, they offer reseller accounts in the UK.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-14-2012, 06:43 AM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 12:17 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2007, 02:49 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-29-2005, 10:46 AM
  5. [SECURE] Setting up a FREE Webhost/Image Host/Forum Host/Blog Host
    By mouseattack in forum Hosting Security and Technology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-16-2005, 06:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •