What do you think to these server specs?

Hey all , just looking for your opinion on the following server specs for a shared hosting server :

Processor : 1x Intel Xeon E3-1275V3 Quad Core 3.50ghz
    Ram : 4x 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
    Hard drives : 4x 600gb SAS2 (6gb/s) 15000rpm (16mb cache)

The hard drives would be running in raid 10 so 1200gb of available storage space.

Just looking on your opinion on the server specs , and where you think the biggest bottlenecks would be and where it could be improved? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Zordaner View Post
    .. bottlenecks would be and where it could be improved? Thanks!
    I would suggest a couple of dual e5 family processors if it's within your budget.
    * GeekStorage.com, LLC - Offering awesome website hosting for over 9 years!
    * Shared Hosting * Reseller Hosting * Pure SSD VPS * Managed Dedicated
    * Powered by Geeks... and SSD's! - You're in good hands, geek hands.
    * Have questions? Send us an e-mail, we'd love to hear from you!

Nothing inherently wrong with what you have listed for shared hosting.
    CPanel Shared and Reseller Hosting, OpenVZ VPS Hosting. West Coast (LA) Servers and Nodes
    Running Linux since 1.0.8 Kernel!
    Providing Internet Services since 1995 and Hosting Since 2004

Another CPU

1.2TB space is not enough for such a powerful machine. Try to run regular SATA drives or + SSD caching. Or just OS and MySQL on SSD.
    QHoster.com - Web Hosting with DDoS Protection | Shared & Reseller in Europe/North America
    Linux/Windows RDP VPS 13 Locations : UK, US (5 states), Mexico, Canada, Bulgaria, Lithuania,
    Italy, France, Germany,Netherlands, Switzerland, Rissia, Singapore | OpenVPN/PPTP Enabled
    INSTANT | PayPal, Skrill, Payza, Bitcoin, WebMoney, Perfect Money, Ukash, CashU, paysafecard

Taking in your comments , rather than jumping up a few processors , would I be better downgrading in other areas instead to get a balanced server? What model of E5 server would you recommend I go up to if I did?

Overkill ram

Would probably recommend something like the Xeon E5- 1650 especially as it is reasonably cheap for the quality of the processor. But an of the E-5's will work well, what are you going to be running on the server?
    Is it going to be ram hungry, cpu hungry or maybe not take up much and the server might be a bit overkill. You could still have he E-3 in it though, still pretty well balanced. Ofcource though the better cpu, well the better, if there is no budget maybe think about a Intel Xeon E5-2687W @ 3.10GHz or even dual CPU's for a server.
    Hope this helps and I didn't repeat anything already said

Thumbs up

seems like a nice setup to me. might wanna add another cpu. might wanna add more harddrive space in the future

More cores will serve you better so yes can try some low speed dual CPU or single six-core CPU. As I have told you before 15K is not going to make a big difference with 4 drives only. Modern drives SATA2/3 are fast enough.
    QHoster.com - Web Hosting with DDoS Protection | Shared & Reseller in Europe/North America
    Linux/Windows RDP VPS 13 Locations : UK, US (5 states), Mexico, Canada, Bulgaria, Lithuania,
    Italy, France, Germany,Netherlands, Switzerland, Rissia, Singapore | OpenVPN/PPTP Enabled
    INSTANT | PayPal, Skrill, Payza, Bitcoin, WebMoney, Perfect Money, Ukash, CashU, paysafecard