Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is there any good webhosting that accepts Bitcoin?

Is there any good webhosting that accepts Bitcoin?
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

I know there are quite a few offshore providers that accept it - I'm not sure of any onshore providers that accept it though
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Quote Originally Posted by XeHSean View Post
    I know there are quite a few offshore providers that accept it - I'm not sure of any onshore providers that accept it though
    Can you please give me some links to good offshore providers that accept Bitcoins?

Treat your password like your toothbrush. Don't let anybody else use it, and get a new one every six months.Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium. Imperet illi Deus, supplices deprecamur: tuque, Princeps militiae coelestis, Satanam aliosque spiritus malignos, qui ad perditionem animarum pervagantur in mundo, divina virtute, in infernum detrude. Amen

Most businesses aren't too keen on accepting a virtual currency that can vanish at any given time.

So you'll typically find that most don't/won't accept it.
    SimpleSonic - We Make Fast... Easy!
    US/UK/MY - 100% Uptime - Shared - Reseller - cPanel - DirectAdmin - WHMCS Included!
    Blazing Fast NVMe SSD - CloudLinux - Imunify360 - LiteSpeed - MailChannels - JetBackup

There isn't chargeback right?

WordPress Hosting
    Shared / White Label Reseller WHM | SSD Cloud | CloudLinux

www.LarisMedia.com Wordpress & Magento Website Design

Virtual currency is abit risky as I learned with Liberty Reserve. If there is a host that solely depends on it, they as well can vanish along with the currency.
    U.S.A. High Resource allocation global cloud hosting serving 310,000 clients since 2008 | Offering both cPanel & DirectAdmin
    WebsitePlex.com | Instant Activation | Alpha, Master, Reseller & Cloud Hosting
    Recurring Affiliate Program Pays 20% of total revenue for life | 30 Day Trial

LibertyReserve is nothing like Bitcoin. BTC can't vanish the way LR did because it is decentralized.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneZSolutions View Post
    LibertyReserve is nothing like Bitcoin. BTC can't vanish the way LR did because it is decentralized.
    That doesn't stop governments outlawing it, in fact Bitcoin is more of a risk to them than LibertyReserve was.

Governments can outlaw Bitcoin and deny it as much as they want but the currency will never disappear like the way LR did. Based on what I read, LR was shut down because the owner(s) were laundering money through the system and the government eventually caught on and shut them down. Everyone who had funds in their LR accounts were locked and basically lost the money on their accounts. The same thing can't happen with Bitcoin regardless of governments outlawing it. BTC protects the consumer and business owners more than any other centralized payment system such as LR or even PayPal and this is why some users are so strongly supporting the virtual currency.

But as someone else had mentioned, NameCheap is one of the largest hosting providers at the moment who are openly accepting Bitcoin if you're after a reputable hosting provider.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneZSolutions View Post
    Based on what I read, LR was shut down because the owner(s) were laundering money through the system and the government eventually caught on and shut them down.
    Same, in addition to other crimes - seems he was a real bad guy!

Liberty Reserve was a scam. Surprise, surprise. But if you think Bitcoin can't disappear too, you're kidding yourself.

The only quality host that accepts Bitcoin is Namecheap. Every other "host" I've seen that takes Bitcoin is extremely shady. I can only guess Namecheap is gambling. Either that, or it's a straight PR move. Or both.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by JixHost View Post
    Virtual currency is abit risky as I learned with Liberty Reserve. If there is a host that solely depends on it, they as well can vanish along with the currency.
    If you think about it, its pretty much all virtual currency at this point. The dollar can vanish just as quickly as bitcoin, however im sure the repercussions of the dollar disappearing would probably have a more profound effect :-) Just depends on what basket your putting your eggs in (which is hopefully not one).
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

Don't see any problem with accepting Bitcoin.

If you cash out every week using one of the verified merchants. then what risk is there ?

Quote Originally Posted by davywavy View Post
    Don't see any problem with accepting Bitcoin.

If you cash out every week using one of the verified merchants. then what risk is there ?
    My only problem with possibly accepting bitcoin (and I have to do more research) is that its a completely anonymous source of payment. Which I guess is supposed to be the point? But in our world, I can definitely see how that could and would pose a problem. Just speculating of course, but being able to somewhat verify the people you are doing business with is a good way to ward off those looking to host illegal or indulge in malicious activity.

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

I think Bitcoin will be accepted by many hosts soon, as it is very popular, even the FBI have an bitcoin account, when they took down illegal drug websites, etc.

There's not many hosts at the moment, as stated Namecheap does and MonsterMegs does: http://www.monstermegs.com/misc-host...in-hosting.php.

They are the only two I know personally.

I think is is rash to say that only shady hosts accept bitcoin. I was one of the first hosts to accept bitcoin over 2 years ago (if only I had hung on to those). The only issue from the host's side is that there are a lot more scammers and spammers trying to pay anonymously with bitcoin now that it is mainstream.

One thing that is great about bitcoin is that payment fraud is a near impossibility if you wait for 6 confirmations. However I often have customers sign up for a dedicated server and then get upset when I ask them for a Photo ID. Payment fraud is not the only security threat web hosts face. I have had to axe 6 dedicated servers this month that were paid for with bitcoin because of repeated outbound spam in large volumes.

This is the main concern for hosts accepting bitcoin. But I don't think it means that only shady hosts accept bitcoins.
    BitronicTech Affordable Hosting and VPS Since 2007. Check out my Blog.
    99.99% Uptime Guarantee. 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee. 24/7/365 Support.
    cPanel/WHM - CloudLinux - Varnish - CloudFlare - Softaculous - Daily Shared Hosting Backups

Quote Originally Posted by Bitronictech View Post
    The only issue from the host's side is that there are a lot more scammers and spammers trying to pay anonymously with bitcoin now that it is mainstream.
    That would be my main concern, allowing users to pay anonymously for a web hosting service just sounds like a recipe for disaster or at best, un-needed headaches. Its not like bitcoin or anything like is going to replace the dollar anytime soon or other forms of currency. I think offering various forms of payment is always a good idea, but bitcoin just doesnt sound like its worth the hassle unless your trying to make some type of political statement.

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    My only problem with possibly accepting bitcoin (and I have to do more research) is that its a completely anonymous source of payment. Which I guess is supposed to be the point? But in our world, I can definitely see how that could and would pose a problem. Just speculating of course, but being able to somewhat verify the people you are doing business with is a good way to ward off those looking to host illegal or indulge in malicious activity.
    Then shutdown the account that performs illegal activity. It is possible to perform illegal activity when you pay by credit card as well. Please bring your questions in another thread, then this thread is only about the companies that accept Bitcoin.

Quote Originally Posted by RiaanGouws View Post
    Any specific reason you'd want to pay using Bitcoins?
    Any specific reason why I do not want to pay by credit card.
    I want to pay with Bitcoin because it is a fast and easy way to pay bills with.

Thanks for all the links. Please come with more suggestions.

But its not fast and easy if you can hardly find merchants to accept it.
    There you go https://www.spendbitcoins.com/places/?s=web+host

Quote Originally Posted by HostYourIdea View Post
    But its not fast and easy if you can hardly find merchants to accept it.
    There you go https://www.spendbitcoins.com/places/?s=web+host
    Thats why more companies should begin to receive Bitcoins and they will get more customers.

I had 250 bitcoins in my old bitcoin wallet back from 2009.
    Too bad I lost it just checked the value per bitcoin..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast