ow much will Xeon 1230 cost ? Around ?

Guys One host offered me xeon 1230 for 53$. Is it more or is the server low quality ?

Intel Xeon E3-1230V2
    Operating System: Ubuntu 12.10 64-bit
    RAM: 8 GB
    Hard Drives: SATA 2 x 1 TB (7200rpm)
    IPv4 Addresses: 1

Is the server good and can it run around 5 xenforo forum installations, and one torrent site without private trackers, + some file downloads.

We cannot say anything with surety unless you tell:

1.Name of the provider
    2.Amount of bandwidth that he offered you with that server
    3.One of the most important things is what you intend to do on that servers(web hosting, game server,streaming etc)

That is a good price already. Where did you get the quote?

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

I'd be concerned for the quality of the network, support operations, and the sustainability of a company that can offer a server at that price, regardless of the bandwidth offered.
    GenesisAdaptive.com · IP Transit and Connectivity, Colocation, & Enterprise IT Services
    █ Available in 9 Metros, 3 Continents, 1/10/40/100G Ports.
    Follow us on Twitter @GenesisAdaptive!
    █ Phone: (309) 807-5261 · Email: leec @genesisadaptive.com

How much bandwidth is this host offering?

You will be sorry to buy it
    Treat your password like your toothbrush. Don't let anybody else use it, and get a new one every six months.Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium. Imperet illi Deus, supplices deprecamur: tuque, Princeps militiae coelestis, Satanam aliosque spiritus malignos, qui ad perditionem animarum pervagantur in mundo, divina virtute, in infernum detrude. Amen

The price for that server is good. Ivy Bridge was Intel's latest and greatest only up until a month ago when Haswell was released. The processor is good. As others have said, I would be more concerned with the quality of network and/or service at that price. If you do end up purchasing this server, please do not come back to WHT in a few weeks complaining about poor service. For that price you don't have room to complain about much. Good luck!
    Steve Eschweiler - Hivelocity.net - Since 2002
    The Bare Metal Cloud Co.
    Instantly Deploy Dedicated Servers in 30 Data Centers on 4 Continents
    24/7/365 World Class Phone, Chat and Ticket Technical Support

Where did you get this offer? It's pretty good and provided the network is just fairly decent it's a steal.

Be suspicous, you might never get a chance to speak to a tech when you call!!! (with prices that low)

That processor has been around for a while, so this might be a case of a server that has made an ROI for the buyer already and they are putting it out there at a cheap price. Certainly worth a shot and just pay month to month and verify that the network is good.
    CPanel Shared and Reseller Hosting, OpenVZ VPS Hosting. West Coast (LA) Servers and Nodes
    Running Linux since 1.0.8 Kernel!
    Providing Internet Services since 1995 and Hosting Since 2004

That sounds like something Reliablesite is offering out of Choopa in NJ.

Quote Originally Posted by DotVPS-J View Post
    That sounds like something Reliablesite is offering out of Choopa in NJ.
    We don't offer the Xeon E3 1230 V2, only the Xeon E3 1230, Xeon E3 1245 V2, and Xeon E3 1230 V3.
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL / Los Angeles, CA]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Need epic pricing on 1G and 10G unmetered? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

Quote Originally Posted by RSNET-John View Post
    We don't offer the Xeon E3 1230 V2, only the Xeon E3 1230, Xeon E3 1245 V2, and Xeon E3 1230 V3.
    Oh OK Just looked like an offer someone posted in #lowendbox IRC channel earlier today that they said was from you.

That is a great price, but like others have said, I would be suspicious of the support and the quality of the network. The other thing to watch is the drives. They might have thousands of hours ont hem and be old and could fail.

Where did you get the quote and how much bandwidth? What location / Datacenter?

Quote Originally Posted by BriteStart View Post
    They might have thousands of hours ont hem and be old and could fail.
    Drives can fail regardless of age (2 days or 5 years), that's why RAID exists
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL / Los Angeles, CA]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Need epic pricing on 1G and 10G unmetered? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

very cheap price
    was that offer from VD?

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    That is a good price already. Where did you get the quote?
    Quote Originally Posted by httpEasy View Post
    Where did you get this offer? It's pretty good and provided the network is just fairly decent it's a steal.
    the real price was 110$ but i asked for discount and asked a 500gb hardrive. If you want it i can ask the host for it

Quote Originally Posted by Sledger View Post
    We cannot say anything with surety unless you tell:

1.Name of the provider
    2.Amount of bandwidth that he offered you with that server
    3.One of the most important things is what you intend to do on that servers(web hosting, game server,streaming etc)
    I get unmetered bandwidth and 100 mbit connetion. I actually got it now and thinking of the next step i should do. If anyone could help me with that it would be awesome. I have tried setting up servers on my own as testing but i failed all the times, so this time i should do it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuguhost View Post
    very cheap price
    was that offer from VD?
    No