Good web host, great uptime? Recommend me.

Hello,

Currently I'm using a 1GB Managed VPS w/ cPanel for my websites (about 5 domains). I'm looking to downgrade to something cheaper or a good shared web hosting plan, as the cost for a managed VPS is simply too much for me at the moment. I'm looking for an alternatively cheaper managed VPS or web hosting as stated. I would need something reliable with an uptime guarantee, and fast MySQL. I run a XenForo community forum primarily and previously about a year ago when I did use shared hosting I can into occasional CPU usage problems.

My budget is $20/m max.

I don't require any support, I'm not a pesky client who doesn't pay on time, I'm simply looking for reliability in a web hosting plan that has plenty of features.

Looking for:
    10GB or more disk space
    200GB or more bandwidth
    10+ Addon Domains
    Unlimited MySQL and other features

I don't want a cheap budget host, I want something worthwhile a move.

I've looked into MediaTemple's shared hosting "GRID" service, however I don't necessarily like the whole 'gpu'-metered service. I don't want to see one month that I'm getting charged a hundred dollars extra, and I've read reviews recently about their GRID service having time MySQL problems and downtime issues.

Rivershosting, crocweb, stablehost, ezpzhosting, hudsonvalleyhost
    Last edited by KzN-Kane; 09-30-2013 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoHelpHost View Post
    Rivershosting, crocweb, stablehost, ezpzhosting, hudsonvalleyhost
    Well, have any past experience? As a host yourself making a list of top hosts on WHT isn't the best suggestion

I use all off them execept stablehost (they seem to have alot of good review )for personnal site for friend and mine and their support are great and good uptime. Im a new host

Good web host, great uptime? Recommend me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeambrose3 View Post
    Well, have any past experience? As a host yourself making a list of top hosts on WHT isn't the best suggestion
    I'd go for CrocWeb there shared hosting severs are really stable and use light speed etc
    HostUS - Premium Hosting Made Affordable
    EIGHT Worldwide locations spanning USA, Europe & Asia Pacific
    Own ASN, Own Network, Own IP's - AS7489 & AS25926

Quote Originally Posted by HostUS - Alexander View Post
    I'd go for CrocWeb there shared hosting severs are really stable and use light speed etc
    I'll look at CrocWeb. They look alright, plus they use only SSD storage but the main thing for me is reliability and load. I don't want to be on a server with hundreds of other users, nor have to deal with a drive getting full or network issues late at night. I'll talk with them on live chat later.

Quote Originally Posted by HostUS - Alexander View Post
    I assume you have an account with them?
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Hi Mike,
    I want to point your attention to a few points, before moving.
    How many websites do you host on your VPS?
    Keep in mind shared hosting accounts usually have restriction about domains hosted. However you have stated a high budget, so you might be all right with an unlimited domains plan. They actually cost less.
    What type of websites are you looking to move?
    If you get a few wordpress sites with heavy plugins and traffic, this might already overload your shared account.
    Shared accounts on general have 4-5% CPU allocated to them from the server they are on, so this is worth noting imo.

Quote Originally Posted by kambone View Post
    Hi Mike,
    I want to point your attention to a few points, before moving.
    How many websites do you host on your VPS?
    Keep in mind shared hosting accounts usually have restriction about domains hosted. However you have stated a high budget, so you might be all right with an unlimited domains plan. They actually cost less.
    What type of websites are you looking to move?
    If you get a few wordpress sites with heavy plugins and traffic, this might already overload your shared account.
    Shared accounts on general have 4-5% CPU allocated to them from the server they are on, so this is worth noting imo.
    1.) 3-6 websites
    2.) One XenForo forum, one Joomla (very small business website), and the rest smaller HTML ones.

I'm lookin for something liquidweb equivalent but I want something with more bandwidth and disk space since liquidweb is quite low, plus they only have like 1 or 2 domains for their highest plan.

i think hawkhost better than croc

I'd look at a semi-dedicated (enterprise) plan form Stablehost.
    It does everything you're asked for, and is $20/month.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

I don't necessarily like the whole 'gpu'-metered service. I don't want to see one month that I'm getting charged a hundred dollars extra
    No comments on MT because I've never used them but a general point on this: If you end up using $100-worth of computing resources on any $20 plan, you're likely to have problems. Good hosts with great uptime will achieve and maintain that record by:
    1. making a profit, so they can stay in business / upgrade hardware as required etc.
    2. ensuring that no single user can hog the resources at the expense of others.

Good luck with your search.
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

Well, seems as if I couldn't give up my managed VPS... decided to simply pay the bill and keep it. Didn't want to deal with the hassle of moving, changing DNS, and giving up full access for a cheaper price.

Anyways, thanks everyone for your suggestions. For the record, I was swinging between Inmotion hosting and a2hosting since they're both good companies and have pretty reasonable shared hosting and reseller plans.

For those requirements I'd just stick to using the VPS, but maybe try to get a better deal using promotion codes or contacting the provider for a custom quote.

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    For those requirements I'd just stick to using the VPS, but maybe try to get a better deal using promotion codes or contacting the provider for a custom quote.
    I believe I could run it on shared hosting, it's generally a small forum and the bandwidth usage is never really over 25GB each month, disk space is under 4GB. I've already contacted the company asking if there were any discounts available a month ago, my recurring price went from $50 to $44.

I believe I could run it on shared hosting, it's generally a small forum and the bandwidth usage is never really over 25GB each month, disk space is under 4GB. I've already contacted the company asking if there were any discounts available a month ago, my recurring price went from $50 to $44.
    Fair enough, suppose you could try a semi-dedicated plan as kpmedia suggested above. It's whether you don't mind the hassle of transferring the site etc. It'd be a pain if the semi-dedicated plan wasn't upto it and you had to transfer everything back again, though there's no need for me to state the obvious!

Take a look at the offers section once you find someone you like, you should be able to find a nice offer from them.

Quote Originally Posted by dayhost View Post
    Take a look at the offers section once you find someone you like, you should be able to find a nice offer from them.
    If you read the thread you'd see I changed my mind. Anyways, I don't want a nice offer; I wanted a reliable service for the higher price.

I've recently mentioned DigitalOcean (digitalocean.com) in another thread. They were recently featured at VentureBeat.

Code:
    venturebeat.com/2013/10/01/what-prism-effect-digitaloceans-cloud-passes-500000-virtual-server-mark-exclusive/
    Give them a run for your money. Meets your budget and you will have the level of control you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by zbode Tech View Post
    I've recently mentioned DigitalOcean (digitalocean.com) in another thread. They were recently featured at VentureBeat.

Code:
    venturebeat.com/2013/10/01/what-prism-effect-digitaloceans-cloud-passes-500000-virtual-server-mark-exclusive/
    Give them a run for your money. Meets your budget and you will have the level of control you are looking for.
    I would get a DigitalOcean VPS but I'd rather have cPanel, and I don't want to pay a $15 license fee for it. I'll probably get one eventually just to have to test on, always wanted to try them out.

For the record, if I do plan to switch to shared hosting next month I'll probably end up going with inMotion Hosting or StableHost's business class plan.

Just so you know, as an employee of InMotion I will advise - cross us off your list as the rate we renew at for a VPS is not in your budget. Any non EIG brand should do good here.

For the record, if I do plan to switch to shared hosting next month I'll probably end up going with inMotion Hosting or StableHost's business class plan.
    I would suggest you to go with stablehost, i have shared account with both hosting provider, Basic shared plan with stable host and power shared plan with inmotion host.

Though i host only one wordpress website which have only 300 to 400 unique visit, Inmotionhosting have banned my account more than 3 times withing 4 to 5 month, due to high resource usage, so that i moved my site to stablehost and everything seems to be working fine till now.