Overheating with Asus U36S. Replacement fans?

I have an Asus U36S ultrabook which has been managing quite well for the most part. I'm always pretty happy when it comes to Asus, especially for battery life. However, I am having a serious problem with overheating on this laptop, I contacted their support and they want me to send it in. I'd rather fix it myself by getting a better fan (blower) in there.

I assume that it is not moving enough air, as it only has the one fan in the bottom corner and while it is good that it isn't roaring, it doesn't even get loud when CPU temperatures are approaching 90 celsius.

Does anyone know of any places where I can get replacement fans for laptops, preferably a better one that it comes with? I'd rather install the new fan myself and not be without my ultrabook than send it away for a week for them to fix.

P.S. I have a cooling pad and it doesn't help.

A quick potential fix would taking an air compressing and putting air into the vents. Keep the nozzle about a foot away from the vent to prevent the fans from moving to quickly and possibly damaging them.

These guys have a fan but the price seems like robbery.

batterycentury.com/asus-u36sd-fan-p-371226.html

In my own experience once a fan starts to squeal on a laptop replacing it is the only fix. I have an old Lenovo T60 whose fan is super loud. Tried canned air from 6" away (with the laptop off), blew a bunch of dust out, but noise still there. Last week it finally froze totally, so I shut it off until I find my own fan. Guess this thread is my reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by ecstasyservers View Post
    A quick potential fix would taking an air compressing and putting air into the vents. Keep the nozzle about a foot away from the vent to prevent the fans from moving to quickly and possibly damaging them.
    I have made sure the fan and laptop are clean, the problem seems to just be that the fan doesn't move enough air. More of a design issue.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drizzle View Post
    These guys have a fan but the price seems like robbery.

batterycentury.com/asus-u36sd-fan-p-371226.html

In my own experience once a fan starts to squeal on a laptop replacing it is the only fix. I have an old Lenovo T60 whose fan is super loud. Tried canned air from 6" away (with the laptop off), blew a bunch of dust out, but noise still there. Last week it finally froze totally, so I shut it off until I find my own fan. Guess this thread is my reminder.
    The fan works, so I'm not sure if just buying a replacement would solve my problem. It just seems that the fan doesn't move enough air so I would want a more powerful fan, not just a replacement.

I have temporarily solved my problem by just setting my power plan to max out at 88% CPU. So I don't get as much CPU power as I would like, but atleast my computer doesn't shut off when I'm in the middle of doing things.

Setting the max CPU sounds like a smart idea for now. Was the heating issue around since day one or just sneak up on you?

Also putting some "legs" at the bottom of the laptop should lift it enough to allow cooler air to move beneath it.