Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why there is no good DDoS protection Provider in EU?

I'm tired of trying to many hosting provider claiming to offer DDoS protection but each provider I tried and tested had his different problems.
    I have been trying and testing the majority of hosting I could find over WHT and google search and I can say none of them made me happy with peace of mind.
    There is weird hosting providers I found on google but never saw their advertising like link11, telecity and different UK providers.
    But this time I don't want to waste more money on trying and I want a professional hosting which I can trust it and forget the DDoS attacks and the random network down time which is not related to DDoS attacks.
    My budget is around 500$ for a mid-range dedicated server with 8GB RAM and QuadCore CPU with protection up to 10 ~ 15Gbps/2m PPS.
    I don't use the UDP protocol at all as my server only use TCP protocol.

Have you tried SEFlow or OVH?

Quote Originally Posted by DotVPS-J View Post
    Have you tried SEFlow or OVH?
    I tried OVH, it works good for websites port 80 but for game servers it is not due to their TCP Auth system.

Also their filter is slow in attack detection, the attack can make your server down over 10min for the filter to detect the attack.

When their filter detects the attack, it activates TCP Auth which cause problems for me.

I read bad reviews about seflow but I didn't try them myself.
    Last edited by bissa; 09-29-2013 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bissa View Post
    I tried OVH, it works good for websites port 80 but for game servers it is not due to their TCP Auth system.

Also their filter is slow in attack detection, the attack can make your server down over 10min for the filter to detect the attack.

When their filter detects the attack, it activates TCP Auth which cause problems for me.
    Are you looking for UK only?

Quote Originally Posted by bhavicp View Post
    Are you looking for UK only?
    UK or EUROPE

You could take a look at koddos.com.
    Their DDoS protected dedicated servers are located in The Netherlands.

Did you just try to get external ddos protection?

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by sprorll View Post
    You could take a look at koddos.com.
    Their DDoS protected dedicated servers are located in The Netherlands.
    I currently have a server from them, their protection is fine. I didn't have problems with their protection but their network isn't the best. You can except any downtime at any time due to their upstream issues which is critical for game servers. I search for a provider more stable.

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Did you just try to get external ddos protection?
    No, I didn't try. I don't have any experience with that.

I currently have a server from them, their protection is fine. I didn't have problems with their protection but their network isn't the best. You can except any downtime at any time due to their upstream issues which is critical for game servers. I search for a provider more stable.

No, I didn't try. I don't have any experience with that.
    I also have a server over there for a game and I only experience issues very, very, often. My game uses the UDP protocol a lot and they helped me setting up the best protection mode for the UDP ports.

Quote Originally Posted by sprorll View Post
    I also have a server over there for a game and I only experience issues very, very, often. My game uses the UDP protocol a lot and they helped me setting up the best protection mode for the UDP ports.
    Protection is good, the support is friendly and they always try to do their best but I search for a better uptime network stability.

You do not need any special experience just to sign up for external ddos protection. All you need to do is provide your ip and they will protect it.

You can even search this in google.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    You do not need any special experience just to sign up for external ddos protection. All you need to do is provide your ip and they will protect it.

You can even search this in google.
    That was I'm already doing. I search for a business class provider.

I'm tired of trying to many hosting provider claiming to offer DDoS protection but each provider I tried and tested had his different problems.
    I have been trying and testing the majority of hosting I could find over WHT and google search and I can say none of them made me happy with peace of mind.
    There is weird hosting providers I found on google but never saw their advertising like link11, telecity and different UK providers.
    But this time I don't want to waste more money on trying and I want a professional hosting which I can trust it and forget the DDoS attacks and the random network down time which is not related to DDoS attacks.
    My budget is around 500$ for a mid-range dedicated server with 8GB RAM and QuadCore CPU with protection up to 10 ~ 15Gbps/2m PPS.
    I don't use the UDP protocol at all as my server only use TCP protocol.
    go for proxy protection? i can help you with that if you want

Quote Originally Posted by abes800 View Post
    go for proxy protection? i can help you with that if you want
    I'm already using my dedicated server as proxy.
    I prefer to have my own VPS / Dedicated server and setup my proxy configuration.

I wanted to try Incloudibly but they don't accept proxies on their network.

Most proxies now are from OVH and Voxility but I have problems with them too.
    Last edited by bissa; 09-29-2013 at 06:50 PM.

DDoS mitigation is still a very young industry. It started in the U.S. and has since branched out globally, but in a comparatively limited capacity. Those offering DDoS mitigation outside the U.S. are pioneers and consequently EU is still very much the frontier.

Quote Originally Posted by IRCCo Jeff View Post
    DDoS mitigation is still a very young industry. It started in the U.S. and has since branched out globally, but in a comparatively limited capacity. Those offering DDoS mitigation outside the U.S. are pioneers and consequently EU is still very much the frontier.
    didn't you guys have a partner with a UK provider? I remember I read something like that before.

I read bad reviews about seflow but I didn't try them myself.
    Hi bissa, what review have you read? Are for our in-house protection or for old remote ddos protection? (we previously use incloudibly protection, from some month we build in house system).

Can you please explain me?

Thank you
    SeFlow.Net - Custom Dedicated Servers now with NVMe Disks
    SeFlow Secure Network 20+ IXP connected with Default DDoS Protection. Stay Up And Running. No Matter What.

Quote Originally Posted by MatteoB View Post
    Hi bissa, what review have you read? Are for our in-house protection or for old remote ddos protection? (we previously use incloudibly protection, from some month we build in house system).

Can you please explain me?

Thank you
    Hi MatteoB

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1214212
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1235688
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1256805

I tried your service through x4b.net and the network stability wasn't great, I had random disconnects in my 1day trial.

hi,
    yes all review are based on old mitigation based on proxy created in incloudibly dedicated server, where we had no control on filters and mitigation take some minutes.

Our new mitigation is total different http://kb.seflow.it/news/seflownet-5...ry-2013-4.html

For x4b.net service i cannot explain, they use their own hardware ,but i can put my hand on fire that was not a network issue because we host major international game server provider and they had lag and packet loss sensible service. We also had a monitor that check our network every minutes from 4 location: https://www.site24x7.com/pv.do?id=Ik...pWyHoiIFDuVU4z

As you can see no downtime reported.

Thank you
    SeFlow Secure Network 20+ IXP connected with Default DDoS Protection. Stay Up And Running. No Matter What.

This thread has been primarily proxy offers. Since game servers have been mentioned multiple times, I would recommend a hosted solution within a protected network.

Have you been lucky enough to find a host that is best for you?

hi,
    yes all review are based on old mitigation based on proxy created in incloudibly dedicated server, where we had no control on filters and mitigation take some minutes.

Our new mitigation is total different http://kb.seflow.it/news/seflownet-5...ry-2013-4.html

For x4b.net service i cannot explain, they use their own hardware ,but i can put my hand on fire that was not a network issue because we host major international game server provider and they had lag and packet loss sensible service. We also had a monitor that check our network every minutes from 4 location: https://www.site24x7.com/pv.do?id=Ik...pWyHoiIFDuVU4z

As you can see no downtime reported.

Thank you
    I may give you a try soon but I wonder why there is no recent reviews for you.
    What DDoS mitigation appliances do you use?
    Can this protection handle 20Gbps?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertJP View Post
    This thread has been primarily proxy offers. Since game servers have been mentioned multiple times, I would recommend a hosted solution within a protected network.

Have you been lucky enough to find a host that is best for you?
    I'm still searching and looking, I tried Javapipe before 3 months ago but I had random issues with them. I heard they improved their network. Can you confirm that?
    Last edited by bissa; 09-29-2013 at 08:09 PM.

hi,
    you see a very few review on this forum because we not write here so much. I'm most active on two other forum, not because WHT isn't great, just to historical reason.

Protection is scheduled (at the moment) to handle max 40Gbps, but we offer max 10GE protection for single server with automatic 1h. null routing (all reported with attack size, type and some tcpdump details in customer portal and by email) .

If you searching something > 10Ge on one server, sorry we cannot help you.

King Regards

hi,
    you see a very few review on this forum because we not write here so much. I'm most active on two other forum, not because WHT isn't great, just to historical reason.

Protection is scheduled (at the moment) to handle max 40Gbps, but we offer max 10GE protection for single server with automatic 1h. null routing (all reported with attack size, type and some tcpdump details in customer portal and by email) .

If you searching something > 10Ge on one server, sorry we cannot help you.

King Regards
    If we receive attack more than 10Ge, we get null routed instantly?

hi,
    blackhole will be applied if attack size is > 10ge for other 1 minute, all is managed by our software and is automatic. When an ip is blackholed customer receive a complete report and automaticaly removed when hour expire.

Regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast