Angry Vpscorner.co.uk disappeared - took money and ran

Seems I have been scammed. Their facebook page has gone and my website is dead, can't get in. really need to get my backups. Anyone know anything about where they've gone?

@bunderson Don't you have any contact with them (e-mail or phone) ?

Quote Originally Posted by bunderson View Post
    Seems I have been scammed. Their facebook page has gone and my website is dead, can't get in. really need to get my backups. Anyone know anything about where they've gone?
    You should always have a remote backup no matter what.

I just hope you can contact them via phone?
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

If they ran off, most likely you will not get your backups. If you really cared about your website and its contents, you should have done regular backups.

If you do have a recent backup, just move somewhere else.

Best of luck!

Yet another example of why you should always, ALWAYS create and maintain your own backups.
    vpsBoard - An active resource for all things Virtual Private Servers. Tutorials, Guides, Offers and more!
    Come join the conversation! 90,000 posts and growing daily! The fastest growing hosting forum around!

Their domain now goes to one of prometeus.net servers - check with them, to see if they can help you.
    Inventive Hosting UK Company - UK Based Servers - UK Support - Trading Since 2004
    Shared Web Hosting - CloudLinux - Daily and weekly Backups - Database Backups Every 12 Hours
    Fully Managed KVM VPS Packages and Fully Managed Dedicated Servers - Supermicro Motherboards
    UK Based24/7/365 Support - 30 Day Money Back Guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by Inventive Hosting View Post
    Their domain now goes to one of prometeus.net servers - check with them, to see if they can help you.
    prometeus/iperweb posted somewhere else that they have no relation with vpscorner at all

Completely disappeared off the face of the earth!
    I hope they come through for you bunderson...

Quote Originally Posted by bunderson View Post
    If you haven't already, initiate a chargeback or dispute on your payment. If you can show the payment processor that they've gone completely AWOL, then you should stand a good chance of getting your money back.
    ▄▀▄ Brian Harrison, Lead Engineer - Reprise Hosting (AS62838)
    ▄▀▄ Deals on cheap dedicated server hosting. IPMI included! Unmetered bandwidth.
    ▄▀▄ Website migration, 24/7/365 support, basic server setup, 15 day money back.
    ▄▀▄ Looking for DEALS on self-managed cheap VPS hosting? Visit VPSHostingDEAL.com

They might just got DDoSed a lot (using cloudflare for the site). They are moving to Prometeus now.
    QHoster.com - Web Hosting with DDoS Protection | Shared & Reseller in Europe/North America
    Linux/Windows RDP VPS 13 Locations : UK, US (5 states), Mexico, Canada, Bulgaria, Lithuania,
    Italy, France, Germany,Netherlands, Switzerland, Rissia, Singapore | OpenVPN/PPTP Enabled
    INSTANT | PayPal, Skrill, Payza, Bitcoin, WebMoney, Perfect Money, Ukash, CashU, paysafecard

Quote Originally Posted by WebHostDog View Post
    They might just got DDoSed a lot (using cloudflare for the site). They are moving to Prometeus now.
    Where did you hear this from?
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest

CloudFlare - their DNSes are set to CloudFlare.
    Prometeus - their website goes to Prometeus servers.
    QHoster.com - Web Hosting with DDoS Protection | Shared & Reseller in Europe/North America
    Linux/Windows RDP VPS 13 Locations : UK, US (5 states), Mexico, Canada, Bulgaria, Lithuania,
    Italy, France, Germany,Netherlands, Switzerland, Rissia, Singapore | OpenVPN/PPTP Enabled
    INSTANT | PayPal, Skrill, Payza, Bitcoin, WebMoney, Perfect Money, Ukash, CashU, paysafecard

CloudFlare - their DNSes are set to CloudFlare.
    Just for DNS yes. They're not using Cloudflare to cache their site otherwise you wouldn't be seeing Prometeus's IP when you visit the site. That rather contradicts your assumption that they're under DDoS attack.

Prometeus - their website goes to Prometeus servers.
    Prometeus stated here that they know nothing about this.
    There's no such thing as an unmanaged server - It's actually self-managed. Worth remembering next time you're looking for someone to complain to.
    DATA VALUATION SERVICE: Your data's value is linked directly to your backup strategy. If YOU don't have your own backups then YOU value your data at ZERO. So why should anyone else care when you lose it?

If you think they have ran away with your money then I hope you at least have one backup of your site even though it's old or not. If a host runs with a persons money then don't keep your hopes up that they would email you a back up of your account.

I believe this was the new company and their main domain was just registered before 8 months ago. Another reason why you should not select new host...

Quote Originally Posted by F-DNS View Post

Prometeus stated here that they know nothing about this.
    Right, we don't have any role in this. they just pointed the domain to one of our IP.
    Prometeus.com & iperweb.com Hosting Solutions since 1997
    We are LIR (RIPE NCC member) and do BGP with ASN 34971 Multiple gigabit/s network capacity
    iwStack.com IaaS Cloud services

Was it a summer hosting business, have you tried to reverse your payment? how long it did happened?
    RouterHosting
    Cheap Windows VPS | Linux VPS | Dedicated Servers Within Your budget
    Accept Credit Cards, PayPal, Payza, PerfectMoney, Moneybookers, BitCoin and ....
    Instant Windows and Linux VPS Activation