Arrow Please review www.junglenavigator.com - a portal on new domain extensions

Hi, I would like to ask your opinions on my website, Jungle Navigator, a portal on new domain extensions.

It provides categorized and searchable info, explanation of basic terms in the FAQ form, news syndicated from other webzines and blogs, and list of pre-registrable domain extensions, among others.

I would like to ask:

1) Is that clear from the website, what the new domain extensions are?
    2) Is that clear how the site can benefit you now?
    3) Do you miss any functionality there?
    4) Is there any functionality that is not required-redundant?
    5) Do you have any technical problems? is it displayed correctly?
    Last edited by Postbox; 10-05-2013 at 12:58 PM.

BTW, I did not mean you have to answer all the questions :-)
    I'm curious about any feedback :-)

Hi navv,

It's a good looking website and pages open up quickly.

I would make the logo more related to the domain name.

They don't connect so much.

Logo

hi gingir,

Quote Originally Posted by gingir View Post
    It's a good looking website and pages open up quickly.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gingir View Post
    I would make the logo more related to the domain name.
    They don't connect so much.
    That is supposed to be a trailblazing sign, which navigates people in a jungle :-)

Thanks for the feedback, I will think about improving the logo

I like the simple design,maybe too much green? But is just a personal taste.

thx

Quote Originally Posted by Skulz View Post
    I like the simple design,maybe too much green? But is just a personal taste.
    Thanks for the opinion, Skulz!

The site looks good navv, it loads fast and you can easily navigate through it.

Some personal opinion might be connected with the colors again - you use too bright colors, the flashy red is often associated with warnings and put off people, purely on a psychological level.

Also, when you choose a category and then a TLD, inside the next page one of your boxes simply shows the category of the TLD again - that might be a little redundant as most of the time the customer will come from that exact category and will be aware of this information.

As for best showing the benefits, I can suggest you to make a company video and put it on the homepage. This video should be short, informational, catchy and explaining the purpose of your services. Such marketing videos are becoming more and more popular so one cannot go wrong with one

The parrot icon is a good idea, it caught my eye, but you can also put a little more effort into a prettier redesign for it.

All in all I think that any site must undergo constant improvements as the market and customer demands are changing all the time and so should we
    www.WebHostFace.com where Service always comes with a smiling face!
    Contact us for Shared, VPS, Reseller and Dedicated Hosting Solutions.

Hi Rado_Ch,

Quote Originally Posted by Rado_Ch View Post
    The site looks good navv, it loads fast and you can easily navigate through it.

Some personal opinion might be connected with the colors again - you use too bright colors, the flashy red is often associated with warnings and put off people, purely on a psychological level.
    I wanted it to look fresh and catchy, but thanks, I will think about this.

Also, when you choose a category and then a TLD, inside the next page one of your boxes simply shows the category of the TLD again - that might be a little redundant as most of the time the customer will come from that exact category and will be aware of this information.
    I don't agree, people can come from google for example, and even if they would come from the other site's page, IMHO the navigation helps people to know where they are

As for best showing the benefits, I can suggest you to make a company video and put it on the homepage. This video should be short, informational, catchy and explaining the purpose of your services. Such marketing videos are becoming more and more popular so one cannot go wrong with one
    Not sure if only because videos are getting popular is a reason to have the video too:-) but it is the reason to think about it

The parrot icon is a good idea, it caught my eye, but you can also put a little more effort into a prettier redesign for it.
    Haha, you are not the first one who criticize the drawing :-) On the other hand, perhaps the drawing isn't perfect, but isn't too generic

All in all I think that any site must undergo constant improvements as the market and customer demands are changing all the time and so should we
    yes, agree

Thanks for your notes