Boston, MA

Looking for a cheap 1gbps backup server

Hi guys,
    I'm looking for a cheap backup server connected to a gigabit uplink. Traffic can be limited to 5TB/Month.

We'd need x2 2TB drives in software RAID1. Any location will do.

I'd go for a Kimsufi server over OVH with 2x 2TB for $49/month but they're limited to 100mbps, which will take 10 times longer to transfer the backups compared to a gigabit port :/

I don't really know which budget providers are good and cheap so I'm having a hard time here. I took a look on FDC Servers, but I guess their "unmetered" uplink make the servers more expensive so I'm looking for alternatives.

Cloud storage such as Amazon S3, Rackspace and Dropbox is a no-no (expensive!)

Any suggestions?

Los Angeles
    You should pretty much have your choice of might have to up your budget $10 or $15, but if you shop around and ask for outlet/bargain servers, you shouldn't have a problem. Most providers offer over 5TB of bandwidth by default now as well.

I wouldn't recommend going with a cloud, since as you mentioned, you could easily end up with a large bill for the storage/traffic. With a dedicated server, your costs will be fixed, so it's unlikely you'd have that problem.

Melbourne, AU
    if you are after a server with a 1Gbps port speed by capped bandwidth, then you can pretty much choose any provider. If you are using it for backups, then I suggest you look at RAID.
    Lowest prices on 2Gbps, 5Gbps & 10Gbps DEDICATED unmetered servers!!!
    █ Custom 10Gbps unmetered clustered server solutions! Email us for more info!
    Over 24 world wide locations to choose from!

4. Same dilema, we actually need 2 more servers for backup purpose.
    Only OVH/KS seams to offer something cheap, but the 100mbps is really killing it.
    Hostabulous | cPanel (Linux) & Plesk (Windows) Hosting KVM VPS R1Soft backups | Proudly Canadian
    Cloudflare LiteSpeed Cloudlinux Remote backups Anti-Spam Web App Firewall Canada/US/Germany

If you're looking for something like Atom based servers, then that shouldn't be too hard to find with 5 TB of bandwidth on a 1 Gbps uplink at ~$50 give or take $15/mo.
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Looking to switch providers? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

Try Hetzner, they have good prices and speeds.
    Last edited by WebHostDog; 09-29-2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: link - Web Hosting with DDoS Protection | Shared & Reseller in Europe/North America
    Linux/Windows RDP VPS 13 Locations : UK, US (5 states), Mexico, Canada, Bulgaria, Lithuania,
    Italy, France, Germany,Netherlands, Switzerland, Rissia, Singapore | OpenVPN/PPTP Enabled
    INSTANT | PayPal, Skrill, Payza, Bitcoin, WebMoney, Perfect Money, Ukash, CashU, paysafecard