Bad certificate error in cPanel right after installation ..

Hi guys. I have a Cloud VPS Hosting account, on which I've just setup an isolated network, have installed two virtual routers, and then have attached one VM instance to one of the two virtual routers (Router #1).

Each virtual router has its own public static IPv4 address.

Here is a diagram showing this hierarchy: http://i.imgur.com/A5WOKCL.png

The problem is that after I setup cPanel, when I go into the cPanel, the browser shows me a bad certificate message, and doesn't let me proceed ...

This is a picture of the error: http://i.imgur.com/EompZkE.png

So I want to quickly verify if I correctly setup the IPs, hostnames, FQDN, nameservers, etc. during cPanel setup. Most likely I messed up somewhere.

Assume the following:

Website URL: www.example.pk (dummy value)
    Router #1 Public IP: 194.68.xxx.163
    Router #1 Internal IP: 10.1.1.1
    Router #2 Public IP: 194.68.xxx.6
    VM #1 Internal IP: 10.1.1.187 (assigned by Virtual Router #1)

cPanel Configuration I did:

FQDN:

I didn't know what to set here, so I followed the example given, and set server.example.pk as my FQDN.

Q1. Is this correct ? Does server.example.pk need to resolve to something ?

Setup IP Addresses step:

By default, VM #1's internal IP, 10.1.1.187, was selected here. I accepted that and moved on.

Q2. Is this correct, or should I have set Router #1's public IP here instead ?

NameServer setup:

Used BIND.

Nameserver #1: ns1.example.pk
    Nameserver #2: ns2.example.pk

For Nameserver A entries ..
    Mapped ns1.example.pk to 194.68.xxx.163 (Router #1's public IP)
    Mapped ns2.example.pk to 194.68.xxx.6 (Router #2's public IP)

For the A entry for Hostname, I choose the default value: 10.1.1.187 (VM #1's internal IP)

Q3. Are these entries correct ? I assumed a lot here. Like should I have mapped the Hostname's A entry to Router #1's public IP instead ?

---------------

I've mentioned 3 questions above (in italics). Can someone please help me with those ?

What's the problem in those values I've used ?
    Last edited by ahmadka; 09-28-2013 at 02:21 PM.

You're getting a certificate error as by default, cPanel ships with a self-signed SSL. Either disable forcing SSL in Tweak Settings or purchase an SSL (or bypass the warning of course)

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadka View Post
    Q1. Is this correct ? Does server.example.pk need to resolve to something ?
    Yes, your hostname should fully resolve to your server.

Q2. Is this correct, or should I have set Router #1's public IP here instead ?
    You're going to want to give cPanel a public IP. Giving it a private IP with NAT is going to create headaches.

Q3. Are these entries correct ? I assumed a lot here. Like should I have mapped the Hostname's A entry to Router #1's public IP instead ?
    The nameservers should resolve to IP addresses which are assigned to the server, not the routers.
    Shaun F
    "Winners never quit. Quitters never win."
    RyleeJames - High Performance Web Hosting
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS | Dedicated | Get in touch!

Thanks for your help man, I really need it !

Quote Originally Posted by sfnz View Post
    You're getting a certificate error as by default, cPanel ships with a self-signed SSL. Either disable forcing SSL in Tweak Settings or purchase an SSL (or bypass the warning of course)
    Just to test, I created another VM outside my Isolated network (so now this VM is directly connected to the internet with a public IP), installed cPanel with the same settings. But on this VM, I do NOT get such an error when I try to get into cPanel settings after the initial setup is done. Of course this VM isn't going to be used because its not part of my Isolated Network, but still, why do I not get this certification error on this VM, but get it on one which is part of my Isolated Network ?

Secondly, I can't bypass this certificate error. Firefox doesn't give an exception option or to bypass. No matter which option from the left navigation I select, I come to a page with this error.

Plus, it seems to me that I'm getting that error because the certificate is for the hostname, server.example.pk, however the URL in the browser is something else, centos664templatebase.cs1cloud.internal. So isn't this the cause of the problem ?

Yes, your hostname should fully resolve to your server.
    Currently, if I ping server.example.pk from inside my VM#1, it pings to VM #1's internal IP, 10.1.1.187. Is this okay ? Or should it ping to something else, like Router #1's public IP, 194.68.xxx.163 ?

You're going to want to give cPanel a public IP. Giving it a private IP with NAT is going to create headaches.
    So how do I change this setting, given the fact that I cannot access cPanel settings ? Plus, even when I was running the initial setup, cPanel was at that time running from VM#1's internal IP, 10.1.1.187, and so it won't have let me remove it. I could only add another IP if I wanted to.

The nameservers should resolve to IP addresses which are assigned to the server, not the routers.
    So you're saying that during cPanel setup, I should have mapped both ns1.example.pk and ns2.example.pk to VM #1's internal IP, 10.1.1.187 ? (Both to VM #1 since there's only one VM #1 I'm using right now to run my site)

What about the Glue Records I have set at my registrar's site ? They should map ns1.example.pk and ns2.example.pk to Router #1 and Router #2's public IPs, right ?

Waiting for advice people .. Need to get my server up ASAP ..