RAID vs CPU/RAM - Which is more important

Hey guys, I'm hoping I can make the right decision here. My websites are currently hosted on a VPS and I'm thinking of moving to an equally priced Dedi with significantly more CPU power and RAM. The one caveat is that this dedi has one SSD, whereas the VPS I'm on currently has 4 SSD's in RAID 10.

My question is, will the speed loss from switching away from RAID cancel out the benefit I get from the CPU and RAM upgrade? I'm not worried about redundancy because I store backups externally.

Here is a snapshot of the two setups:

Current VPS:
    6gb of RAM
    2 Intel CPU E3-1220 cores at 3.1Ghz each
    70GB SSD capacity - RAID 10

The Dedi:
    16GB of RAM
    4 Intel CPU E3-1240 cores at 3.4Ghz each
    107GB SSD capacity - No Raid

Additional information - I host a few simple Wordpress Sites (using W3 Total Cache & a CDN), a couple OScommerce sites, and 1 Magento site on this particular VPS.

1240 is lot faster processor with HT (8 virtual cores vs 2 virtual cores you have now with the VPS). You will get a total performance boost. Even a single new model SSD will give you the performance you need. Try to get 2nd SSD and make raid-1 to have full data redundancy.
    QHoster.com - Web Hosting with DDoS Protection | Shared & Reseller in Europe/North America
    Linux/Windows RDP VPS 13 Locations : UK, US (5 states), Mexico, Canada, Bulgaria, Lithuania,
    Italy, France, Germany,Netherlands, Switzerland, Rissia, Singapore | OpenVPN/PPTP Enabled
    INSTANT | PayPal, Skrill, Payza, Bitcoin, WebMoney, Perfect Money, Ukash, CashU, paysafecard

Thanks! However, the dedi I'm looking into claims it only has 4 cores. Which is still great.

The RAID 1 setup is important for redundancy, but I'm more concerned about speed from a RAID 10 or RAID 0 standpoint. Will moving from that setup to one without RAID decrease my disk speed so much that it's not worth the CPU and RAM upgrades?

It is 4 physical cores / 8 virtual. As VPS you are using only 2 virtual cores. speed you can test on the current VPS and decide. Most modern SSDs will give you a pretty descent write/read and IOPS values. Yes worth the migration totally as dedicated server you are 100% isolated from the others and their negative performance impact on your VPS.
    QHoster.com - Web Hosting with DDoS Protection | Shared & Reseller in Europe/North America
    Linux/Windows RDP VPS 13 Locations : UK, US (5 states), Mexico, Canada, Bulgaria, Lithuania,
    Italy, France, Germany,Netherlands, Switzerland, Rissia, Singapore | OpenVPN/PPTP Enabled
    INSTANT | PayPal, Skrill, Payza, Bitcoin, WebMoney, Perfect Money, Ukash, CashU, paysafecard

Oh wow, solid point. I figured the Dedi would be the better choice. Just needed a second (more educated) opinion. Thanks a bunch!

dedicated server with 107 ssd no raid will be good or just hdd sata

I agree with the move to the dedicated. Just make sure you make frequent backups and you should be good, otherwise you'll be in a world of hurt if/when an issue arises. (Note: You should still be keeping backups with RAID as well.)
    NEPA Fiber
    AS 394868 - Wilkes-Barre, PA
    █ Fiber Internet, Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Cloud
    100% Uptime SLA - 24/7/365 Support

Your going to get better performance with the dedicated server. Even though the SSD has a lot less failure rate I would be weary of not going with at least a Raid 1 solution, or just make sure you are taking daily backups. I have seen SSD's go bad believe it or not.
    Lee Linton - Hivelocity Hosting- Dedicated Account Manager
    Bare Metal Servers. Colocation. Private Cloud.
    Customers in over 130 countries. Privately Owned and Operated Data Centers.
    Limited Supply Outlet Server Specials

yes, it would be a solid upgrade. Get a pair of SSD's in raid1 and throw in a 500G disk to keep local backups on as well.
    CPanel Shared and Reseller Hosting, OpenVZ VPS Hosting. West Coast (LA) Servers and Nodes
    Running Linux since 1.0.8 Kernel!
    Providing Internet Services since 1995 and Hosting Since 2004

Hello,

Yes, it will be a promising upgrade for you. But make sure not to compromise on backups. Either get an additional SSD and configure RAID1 or get a new drive ( SSD is not necessary ) and push your backups to the additional drive ( needs backup configuration ). Also if you think your application is running fine on your current VPS and you don't find any need for additional resources near future, I don't recommend a server move. Because server move always invites some hassle and sitting some idle resources will not be beneficial if no real application uses it.