i am a hostgator and want to change

Hi guys,

i have reseller account at hostgator and with them is possible to oversell also what is important for small resell companies.

1. is any hosting company that can compete with hostgator prices, support and features?

2. what is the 5 most importent questions i should ask hosting comapny that sells reseller accounts. for ex. i heard people talkin about nodes e.g. what is that?

Warm regards A

Depends on what your requirements are as well as budget. How much disk/bandwidth do you need or are expecting? Any other special features or addons like the ones HostGator offers?

In regards to your second question, you may need to clarify but in most cases the term "nodes" is in reference to servers themselves.

You may want to check out the reseller offers section: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130

Make a shortlist of all the providers that interest you and perhaps contact each one to see if they'll be able to accommodate.
    Last edited by NyteRunner; 09-27-2013 at 05:14 PM.

1. There are many hosts that can compete with host gator heck even cheaper companies that may be even better than them. A lot of host these days offer everything that host gator does but some may not only offer free end user support I forgot if hg offers this or not. But you probly want free billing script . Check the hosting offers section here on WHT there are a lot of companies that advertise here and are good.

2 a node is another word for server. That's how I see it as. Also you can ask a host anything you want. Things like what type of content do they allow to host is a great question. Also be sure to read their terms of service and if you don't understand anything about it then bring it to their attention and ask them about it. Ask about server location. The closer you and your users or clients are to the server the better.

See if they do money back.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneZSolutions View Post
    Depends on what your requirements are as well as budget. How much disk/bandwidth do you need or are expecting? Any other special features or addons like the ones HostGator offers?

In regards to your second question, you may need to clarify but in most cases the term "nodes" is in reference to servers themselves.

hi am using today hostgator reseller packages copper disk 80GB Bandwidht 700GB and it have tons of features, i dont want more just the same.

question two is difficult for me becuse i want your opnion what to ask another hosting to find if they are good or not, i want to know the key secret questions so dont get burned. i hope you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by LuxuryServers View Post
    1. There are many hosts that can compete with host gator heck even cheaper companies that may be even better than them. A lot of host these days offer everything that host gator does but some may not only offer free end user support I forgot if hg offers this or not. But you probly want free billing script . Check the hosting offers section here on WHT there are a lot of companies that advertise here and are good.

2 a node is another word for server. That's how I see it as. Also you can ask a host anything you want. Things like what type of content do they allow to host is a great question. Also be sure to read their terms of service and if you don't understand anything about it then bring it to their attention and ask them about it. Ask about server location. The closer you and your users or clients are to the server the better.

See if they do money back.

Great answer thx,the thing with hostgator there support is outstanding and also live support. and they are very fast to upgrade ther servers with latest softeware and hardware. you wonder why i want to move right? the reason is becuse HG has been sold and i think is going to go downhill from now.

Quote Originally Posted by birken View Post
    Great answer thx,the thing with hostgator there support is outstanding and also live support. and they are very fast to upgrade ther servers with latest softeware and hardware. you wonder why i want to move right? the reason is becuse HG has been sold and i think is going to go downhill from now.
    It sounds like you're happy at this point, right? If the answer to that question is yes, it might be best to delay the move. No need to fix what isn't broken.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts
    Download Trial

I like the title of the thread. I too am a hostgator

Quote Originally Posted by DWS2006 View Post
    It sounds like you're happy at this point, right? If the answer to that question is yes, it might be best to delay the move. No need to fix what isn't broken.
    i am happy but i have to be prepaird as people are complaining alot at hostgators forum. so if anyone know what other hosting out there that can compare with hostgators features, support and prices i will happy to have a look and maybe move before the storm, i can't see the new owners will be the same as the old hostgator.

i am happy but i have to be prepaird as people are complaining alot at hostgators forum. so if anyone know what other hosting out there that can compare with hostgators features, support and prices i will happy to have a look and maybe move before the storm, i can't see the new owners will be the same as the old hostgator.
    That's understandable, I just always recommend staying put if you're satisfied. However, If you're looking for the same type of quotas with allocation based usage, HostDime is a reputable provider that might fit. Should you decide to move to a provider that bases usage on actually usage, the quotas don't need to be as high, and that would open up some of the WHT favorites (MDDHosting, HawkHost, StableHost, etc.).
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts
    Download Trial

If the service that you are receiving from Hostgator are acceptable i would recommend that you stay with them.

If you don't already then i would recommend setting up an offsite backup solution that you have full control of. Then if anything does go down hill rapidly you have suitable backups in place to setup quickly with another provider.

In the mean time look at other providers and grade them with what is important to you - is it server speed, up-time, fast support, phone support etc. etc. that is important?

Its been awhile since i had a hostgator account - is your server still based in Dallas? A few good providers that are based in Dallas are EZPZhosting.co.uk and Hawkhost.com but there are many many more.

very confusing to find another hosting company, is a jungle out there.
    EZPZhosting.co.uk looked very good but it seem to be one person company is sole trader uk company. very worring if soemthing happen to the owner. i am super confused

very confusing to find another hosting company, is a jungle out there.
    EZPZhosting.co.uk looked very good but it seem to be one person company is sole trader uk company. very worring if soemthing happen to the owner. i am super confused
    Looking at the server status page at EZPZhosting they have 28-29 servers in operation so i don't think they will be going anywhere soon. I would recommend contacting Dan at EZPZhosting and i'm sure he would be able to answer your queries / questions.

I recommend Hostdime/Surpasshosting. Their support is faster than Hostgator. They have email, chat and phone support, too. Their plans provide more resources. Also Hostgator may suspend your reseller account(not the resold) if any resold account used many server resources(they had said this to me before). So I don't trust Hostgator.
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart with Integrated Bootstrap Hosting Template.
    www.domaincart.net - Demo

Quote Originally Posted by StarWebHosting View Post
    Looking at the server status page at EZPZhosting they have 28-29 servers in operation so i don't think they will be going anywhere soon. I would recommend contacting Dan at EZPZhosting and i'm sure he would be able to answer your queries / questions.
    Hi Stuart, i open couple of tickets with EZPZhosting and asked lot of questions and Dan got back straight away with perfect answers. and also i got 100meg zip file to download to see the speed on the server. but how can check the speed on the server by downloading the zip file?

is two things that stops me to signup up today.

1. it's a soletrader company it means one person.
    2. Get Your php.ini Path with SuPHP

2. Get Your php.ini Path with SuPHP
    I'm pretty sure there are more than one person working at EZPZ but best thing is to ask them it self -
    [DC'S] SINGAPORE. AUSTRALIA. JAPAN. INDIA. CHINA HK. USA. UK. NETHERLANDS. GERMANY. SOUTH AFRICA
    MyCompanyWeb™: Start Your Own Professional Web Hosting Company in 24 Hours
    SkyNetHosting.Net - SEO Hosting. Reseller Hosting. Shared Hosting & VPS - 14 Years in Business!
    Dedicated IP + SSL + WHMCS + Domain Reseller + Master Reseller + 100% SSD + End User Support and More!

reseller

There are lots of offers to become a reseller, and many of them are cheaper and better.

5 questions:
    1 how much does a reseller account cost.
    2 will my reseller website be abel to be indexed by search engines
    3 what kind of support is there for resellers
    4 can i create new and attractive deals for customers
    5 can i customize the reseller website to be more uniqe

Sole Trader in the UK just means that one person owns the company, but that company can have many staff. EZPZ definitely have more than one employee.

Good luck with your search.
    ItsmirHosting UK/EU Shared Hosting • UK & US VPS Hosting • Charity (NFP) Hosting
    Fast, Friendly and Reliable Hosting
    Litespeed Powered • cPanel • CloudLinux • Softaculous • Daily Offsite Backups
    30 Day Money Back Guarantee - 99.9% uptime - 24/7 Dedicated UK support

Quote Originally Posted by Dbm811 View Post
    There are lots of offers to become a reseller, and many of them are cheaper and better.

5 questions:
    1 how much does a reseller account cost.
    2 will my reseller website be abel to be indexed by search engines
    3 what kind of support is there for resellers
    4 can i create new and attractive deals for customers
    5 can i customize the reseller website to be more uniqe
    1. Anywhere from $10 - $30. Really depends who you go with, and what your needs are.
    2. Well, if you set it up correctly, yes Google should index it.
    3. Some provide basic support and some provide back-end support for your clients.
    4. I'm sure; after all it will be YOUR business, you get to choose how you want to run it.
    5. It is your website, you may choose to design it however you find fit.
    » Simplix.net, Simpler Web Services
    » Secure & Affordable cPanel Web Hosting
    » SSD RAID-10, 100% Uptime, No Overselling
    » Website Transfer, Wordpress Support

Quote Originally Posted by itsmir View Post
    Sole Trader in the UK just means that one person owns the company, but that company can have many staff. EZPZ definitely have more than one employee.

Good luck with your search.
    how can i see if a soletrader company have any employee

Hello. I have a reseller aluminium plan with hostgator, and works fine, but now, hostgator to apply me a Vat Tax in next invoice (i am a european customer), and then yours price are not competitives for me. Now Hostgator is very expensive, and i need other solutions. I am searching hosting reseller with Safe Harbour, more competive than hostgator. Which?

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by skizo View Post
    Hello. I have a reseller aluminium plan with hostgator, and works fine, but now, hostgator to apply me a Vat Tax in next invoice (i am a european customer), and then yours price are not competitives for me. Now Hostgator is very expensive, and i need other solutions. I am searching hosting reseller with Safe Harbour, more competive than hostgator. Which?

thanks!
    if you have a company you can claim back the VAT.
    Last edited by birken; 10-06-2013 at 02:33 AM.

if you have a company you can claim back the VAT.
    Hello. At this moment, I have not a company. I use reseller plan for personal purposes and hosting webs of my friends.