Feedback on managed hosters?

Hello,

I'm doing some research on managed hosters and finding that increasingly the term managed is starting to mean less and less.. Can anyone point me in the direction of 'managed hosters' who handle some or all of these requirements:

-Manage standard LAMP stacks including adding websites to the servers?
    -Possibly have a control panel where you can do this yourself (non-cpanel)
    -Are able to scale their setup to load balanced solution where they still provide this same level of service?
    -Will troubleshoot site/server slowness and dive deep into mysql configs instead of just telling me its an application problem?

I'm noticing that cpanel is the recommended solution for many hosts when these requirements are brought up. I have nothing against cpanel but I havent seen it scale well beyond 1 server, ie you cant load balance it.. Any comments on that?

Thank you - LIRacer!

-Manage standard LAMP stacks including adding websites to the servers?

Most (if not all) managed hosting solutions includes LAMP stack management.

-Possibly have a control panel where you can do this yourself (non-cpanel)

There are a few other non-cPanel/WHM alternatives like Plesk or DirectAdmin, but feature-wise it's going to be hard to beat cPanel/WHM.

-Are able to scale their setup to load balanced solution where they still provide this same level of service?

Depends on the load balancing system I guess, there are a lot of ways to load balance, and there's a high probability that providers are not the expert on all systems, just be sure to ask them before subscribing to the service.

-Will troubleshoot site/server slowness and dive deep into mysql configs instead of just telling me its an application problem?

Yes, optimizing LAMP stack (that includes MySQL) is mostly a part of managed hosting solution, but again, the definition of terms "managed" for each providers might varies, be sure to ask them whether or not they can help you with this.

There are a lot of load-balancing solution that can be applied to cPanel/WHM based system. You won't have a scalability problem with cPanel/WHM as long as you (or the managed provider) know how to do it.