A+ grade for Secured Servers/PhoenixNAP (dedicated hosting review)

Prior to 2013, I had been with another data center for eight years. My old data center had gone through a couple of acquisitions. They didn't want to be in the dedicated server business anymore. I was at a dead end. I finally had to make a switch due to dwindling support quality and general apathy toward me as a customer.

Over the course of several months, I researched many offerings from companies with dedicated server solutions. After reading some positive comments about them here, I decided to try Secured Servers (aka PhoenixNAP). Last November, I ordered a Windows server to move my Windows hosting out of the old data center as a test run.

The entire experience was a revelation. The quality of the sales process and tech support was excellent. My experience with the first server made me realize I had waited too long and suffered too much with the previous data center.

I've since deployed three Linux servers in the Secured Servers Ashburn data center. Uptime, network speed and support quality are all excellent. My salesperson answers my requests quickly, sends me info on upcoming deals, offers me free upgrades when the opportunity is right ("we're out of stock on that...how about a free upgrade?"). My support tickets get handled quickly. The communication is robust. I never feel like I'm in the dark. They actually ask for and act on feedback from me.

My entire hosting operation runs far better, at lower cost, than with my previous data center. My customers are happier. I'm happier.

Secured Servers does a great job. I hope to be with them for many years to come.

Be careful with abuse. There is a guy there called Chris Norred. He shut down whole our AZ location for some stupid "abuse" coming from the same VPS customer. On top of that very incompetent and gave us some useless console access to safe the data. PhoenixNAP caused a good damage to our company.
    QHoster.com - Web Hosting with DDoS Protection | Shared & Reseller in Europe/North America
    Linux/Windows RDP VPS 13 Locations : UK, US (5 states), Mexico, Canada, Bulgaria, Lithuania,
    Italy, France, Germany,Netherlands, Switzerland, Rissia, Singapore | OpenVPN/PPTP Enabled
    INSTANT | PayPal, Skrill, Payza, Bitcoin, WebMoney, Perfect Money, Ukash, CashU, paysafecard

Quote Originally Posted by rbstern View Post
    Prior to 2013, I had been with another data center for eight years. My old data center had gone through a couple of acquisitions. They didn't want to be in the dedicated server business anymore. I was at a dead end. I finally had to make a switch due to dwindling support quality and general apathy toward me as a customer.

Over the course of several months, I researched many offerings from companies with dedicated server solutions. After reading some positive comments about them here, I decided to try Secured Servers (aka PhoenixNAP). Last November, I ordered a Windows server to move my Windows hosting out of the old data center as a test run.

The entire experience was a revelation. The quality of the sales process and tech support was excellent. My experience with the first server made me realize I had waited too long and suffered too much with the previous data center.

I've since deployed three Linux servers in the Secured Servers Ashburn data center. Uptime, network speed and support quality are all excellent. My salesperson answers my requests quickly, sends me info on upcoming deals, offers me free upgrades when the opportunity is right ("we're out of stock on that...how about a free upgrade?"). My support tickets get handled quickly. The communication is robust. I never feel like I'm in the dark. They actually ask for and act on feedback from me.

My entire hosting operation runs far better, at lower cost, than with my previous data center. My customers are happier. I'm happier.

Secured Servers does a great job. I hope to be with them for many years to come.
    Thanks for much for this fantastic review!
    SingleHop | Chicago - New York - Phoenix - Amsterdam | People Empowered by Automation
    TJ Waldorf | VP, Inside Sales & Marketing | @tj_waldorf | twaldorf @ singlehop.com | poweredby.ai