Thread: Offsite backups

Offsite backups

I'm looking at offsite backup options for 1 of my servers, as I need to start using rsync. My dedicated server is in Europe and I need around 400 GB of space for the backups.

What would guys suggest I do, get a dedicated server for this or look for hosts that offer storage hosting. If you have any recommandations please feel free to give me some links.

Thanks.

A low-end server with 400-500 GB space would be a good solution.
    You can also look into back-up space, but I think the pricing will be around the same depending on who you go for.
    » www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands + Belgium with DAILY support, also on weekends
    » 3.2 Tbit/s Network AS49453 with only 100 Gbit/s uplink backbone
    » 1G/10G/40G/100 Gbit ports available | 99,99% Network Uptime goal

The cheapest Kimsufi would be ideal for situations like this, unfortunately they stopped selling it. Could even get 2 Kimsufis for redundancy, they are cheap enough.

BuyVM has some low priced storage VMs, they are in Vegas so very far offsite from Europe

http://buyvm.net/
    http://doesbuyvmhavestock.com/

kimsufi / online(.)net just grab a low end server and manage it all yourself

Thank you all for your replies. The thing is that I don't need all the resources that a dedicated server or even a VPS offers. All I need is the space and BW. Are there any shared hosting providers that would offer high space with low processing specs and ssh connection ? If anyone knows any good example please share a link.

Thank you.

Shared Hosting providers will usually not allow their space being used for backup purposes. Your best bet would be to grab something like a storage VPS from BuyVM or Backupsy.
    Kushal || Host4Geeks || Operating Fully Owned Infrastructure out of 4 Global Datacenters US / UK / India
    Reseller Hosting - Pure SSD | Nginx + LSAPI | Let's Encrypt | WHMCS or Blesta | DDoS Protection| 24x7 Support
    Fully Managed SSD VPS - cPanel /WHM | Softaculous | Let's Encrypt | DDoS Protection | Proactive Monitoring | Server Hardening
    Datacenters - Los Angeles, CA | Lenoir, NC | London, UK |Pune, India

BuyVM has excellent low cost Backup VM's. Large disk space, low RAM. No issues so far.