Angry Hudsonvalleyhost review and why I cancelled my account

A few months ago I switched from WiredTree to Hudsonvalleyhost (HVH), exclusively because I needed a cheaper service. WiredTree's service and support are superb and today I really regret that decision.
    First, let me say that HVH is not bad at all. The prices sure are great (both for dedicated and VPS) and tickets are answered quickly. I cannot say that support is 'great', as some of the support guys are great and other are just average. For example, I needed to have my SSL certificate (positive ssl) working for all services (2082, 2086, ftp etc.). One of the guys said it was not possible. I knew it was possible because I had it done at Wiredtree. Then another guy at the support team got it working for me.
    Well, what really annoyed me is when I requested a downgrade and they sent me a new invoice with a different due date. The regular invoice was due on the Sept 2nd and the new one on the 8th. My service was suspended because I paid the invoice on Sept 6th. They didn't care to realize that I paid 2 days before the new invoice was due. They only considered the due date on the old invoice. They let my business (all my clients) offline for over 12 hours. I opened a ticket and they got the service online again, But a few minutes later, it was suspended again. Another ticket was opened, letting them know about THEIR error and confusion about the invoice due date. Then, the service was back on.
    My business was down for about 15 hours and I received NO apologies. They really screwed up and din't even care to at least apologize. NOT A SINGLE "We're sorry, it was our mistake...).
    So be aware if you choose HVH as your service provider. Great price is NOT everything. Support quality and especially RESPECT are fundamental as well.
    They just lost a client. Maybe they have a lot of clients and one less or one more make no difference to them (although it should), but I will never leave my business in their hands again.

Sorry to hear your bad experience with HVH!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBR1974 View Post
    A few months ago I switched from WiredTree to Hudsonvalleyhost (HVH), exclusively because I needed a cheaper service. WiredTree's service and support are superb and today I really regret that decision.
    First, let me say that HVH is not bad at all. The prices sure are great (both for dedicated and VPS) and tickets are answered quickly. I cannot say that support is 'great', as some of the support guys are great and other are just average. For example, I needed to have my SSL certificate (positive ssl) working for all services (2082, 2086, ftp etc.). One of the guys said it was not possible. I knew it was possible because I had it done at Wiredtree. Then another guy at the support team got it working for me.
    Well, what really annoyed me is when I requested a downgrade and they sent me a new invoice with a different due date. The regular invoice was due on the Sept 2nd and the new one on the 8th. My service was suspended because I paid the invoice on Sept 6th. They didn't care to realize that I paid 2 days before the new invoice was due. They only considered the due date on the old invoice. They let my business (all my clients) offline for over 12 hours. I opened a ticket and they got the service online again, But a few minutes later, it was suspended again. Another ticket was opened, letting them know about THEIR error and confusion about the invoice due date. Then, the service was back on.
    My business was down for about 15 hours and I received NO apologies. They really screwed up and din't even care to at least apologize. NOT A SINGLE "We're sorry, it was our mistake...).
    So be aware if you choose HVH as your service provider. Great price is NOT everything. Support quality and especially RESPECT are fundamental as well.
    They just lost a client. Maybe they have a lot of clients and one less or one more make no difference to them (although it should), but I will never leave my business in their hands again.
    I apologize for any inconvenience or issue this may have caused you. Can you please PM me your ticket number and I will look into this right away.
    Ernie - Enzu Inc.| Managed Infrastructure and Cloud Services
    Public & Private Cloud | Hybrid Cloud | Dedicated Servers | VPS | Colocation
    Los Angeles | Dallas | Chicago | Miami | Asia Optimized Network
    Amazing Reseller Program | Ernie.Quick @ enzu.com| 702-965-1615 x 7040

I believe ive located your account.

On 9/1 you request an account downgrade even stating: "If everything is ok, please proceed with this request and please generate a new invoice since it's due tomorrow."

This downgrade was processed and your invoice was adjusted on 9/2 @ 05:13AM.

The sales admin had created a invoice manually for you for the downgrade however it appears that the system also created a invoice for you which then on 9/6 suspended your VPS. It was suspended again at midnight due to the cron running again. Unfortunately we do not have sales staff available 24/7 however technical support is.

I sincerely do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Ive gone ahead and refunded your last months payment for this inconvenience. I will discuss this with our staff and make sure this kind of error does not occur again.
    Ernie - Enzu Inc.| Managed Infrastructure and Cloud Services
    Public & Private Cloud | Hybrid Cloud | Dedicated Servers | VPS | Colocation
    Los Angeles | Dallas | Chicago | Miami | Asia Optimized Network
    Amazing Reseller Program | Ernie.Quick @ enzu.com| 702-965-1615 x 7040

I want to say again that HVH is not a "bad" company. I never asked for a refund when the problem occured. All I wanted was a simple "Yes, we made a mistake and we're sorry!" And that never happened. Anyway, best of luck!