Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

* Leaseweb cloud down -> A total disappointment

I have an Express S cloud package in their NL site.

I have to say that this has turned out to be a total disappointment from the beginning!

At first the HDD speeds where very very low (30 mb/sec).

After I have opened a ticket with them complaining about performance issues, they just replied once to my ticket and after that the whole cloud became unavailable.

In this process they didn't even bother to reply to my ticket (opened for HOURS!!!!!) or send any type of notification.

Ofcourse the VPS is down and technical support is unavailable...

Aaaa...I asked if I can be moved to their Germany site in order to avoid this kind of issues and they said that I would have to open an account, pay for another cloud instance and migrate myself the VPS.

So, they mess their cloud and I have to move my stuff if I want a working cloud instance .

This is a total disappointment!!!!!!!!

I never really hear anything good about Leaseweb.

Hope your problems get sorted soon!

Your ticket will be open for hours because you probably have the best effort SLA. I suggest subscribing to their NOC list, they've been posting updates about this whole day (http://leasewebnoc.com/en/networkstatus ).

They've had issues with the storage platform since two weeks ago. Thankfully we decided to consolidate all the services we had on a number of Express line VPS to a couple of dedicated servers, those are at least very stable at Leaseweb and the network is superb. We migrated out the last VPS literally minutes before it all collapsed last night.

This is the first time I've seen such an outage with the Express line for over a year we've had them.

Dear Valentin Mitoiu,

We do apologize for the experience you have had with your VPS and the inconvenience this has caused you.

Regarding the current outage; the majority of VPS's are back online. There are some instances stuck in the re-start mode that are still experiencing problems. Our engineers have been hard at work to get this all fixed.

We do advise our customer to subscribe to our NOC notifications to be totally up to date with our Network Status: http://leasewebnoc.com/en/networksta...ud-platform-nl This will enable you to receive the latest notifications regarding our network. You are also able to activate these via your Self Service Centre.

Could you let us know via PM if your issue with the cloud has now been resolved or forward us the ticket number so that we can look into the matter.

This will also enable us to look into the matter of your move to Germany. Once again our apologies for the problems you have encountered. Once we receive your message we will make sure to contact you via mail to look into the possibilities and the assistance we can offer you in the move of your VPS to Germany if you still wish to do so.

Looking forward to receiving your message so we can assist you further.

Kind regards,
    LeaseWeb Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Valentin Mitoiu View Post
    I have an Express S cloud package in their NL site.

I have to say that this has turned out to be a total disappointment from the beginning!

At first the HDD speeds where very very low (30 mb/sec).

After I have opened a ticket with them complaining about performance issues, they just replied once to my ticket and after that the whole cloud became unavailable.

In this process they didn't even bother to reply to my ticket (opened for HOURS!!!!!) or send any type of notification.

Ofcourse the VPS is down and technical support is unavailable...

Aaaa...I asked if I can be moved to their Germany site in order to avoid this kind of issues and they said that I would have to open an account, pay for another cloud instance and migrate myself the VPS.

So, they mess their cloud and I have to move my stuff if I want a working cloud instance .

This is a total disappointment!!!!!!!!

When this was going on I saw up to 30-40 *seconds* of I/O latency on the one instance I have on this, but it was still technically up.

At least they haven't been keeping quiet about it. I received a total of twelve emails from NOC about the issue these past thirteen hours.

My server with them is still down, hope it'll get fixed soon

Exclamation LeaseWeb major VPS outage; despite claiming "majority" is online

Hi,

Despite what the fellow LeaseWeb supporter claimed in the past thread (and what they state on their website) the majority of the LeaseWeb cloud is still down. LeaseWeb have stopped answering to new support tickets and replies to existing open ones. Our VPS has been down for more 19 hours at this point, and there is no time horizon as to when we can expect the clouds to go online again..

Anyone else expecting this on this forum? Any suggestions on how to get a VPS back online?

Thanks,
    Christian

Dear Christianmat,

We are sorry that you are also experiencing these problems.

Most of the VPS's are online again. There are a few left that are experiencing problems. We urge our customers NOT to restart their VPS's and not try to fix the filesystems. As you can imagine our engineers are focusing on getting this platform issue resolved.

We therefor use the NOC to keep our customers informed of our progress and when the issue is resolved. Please activate these notifications in the Self Service Centre or subscribe to the updates of the NOC: http://leasewebnoc.com/en/networksta...ud-platform-nl.

Please PM us your details.

Kind regards,
    LeaseWeb Sales

Quote Originally Posted by christianmat View Post
    Hi,

Despite what the fellow LeaseWeb supporter claimed in the past thread (and what they state on their website) the majority of the LeaseWeb cloud is still down. LeaseWeb have stopped answering to new support tickets and replies to existing open ones. Our VPS has been down for more 19 hours at this point, and there is no time horizon as to when we can expect the clouds to go online again..

Anyone else expecting this on this forum? Any suggestions on how to get a VPS back online?

Thanks,
    Christian

RE

I cannot PM you for some reason, but one of my open ticket IDs on LeaseWeb NL is 2803947.

See the attached screenshot (sorry for the irrelevant post other people).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Its a real joke When I send support request I get this copy-paste:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Some customers are still experiencing issues with their instances on the
    LeaseWeb Cloud and Virtual Servers. You may not be able to view the
    status in the SSC or receive an IP lease.

Engineers are investigating the issue at this moment.

Please be patient while we are working on this problem.

A small number of VPS's are still facing issues, we are working on
    getting these back online.
    Please do NOT restart your VPS or try fix your filesystem as we are
    doing our utmost to solve this issue.

Visit http://leasewebnoc.com/en/networksta...loud-platform-
    nl to track updates and progress.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

LeaseWeb
    http://www.leasewebnoc.com

Data center naming system is explained here:
    http://www.leaseweb.com/en/about-us/data-centers
    When I check the recommended link I get this message

So support tells to check page, page tells that you are fine or if not to contact support. Never ending circle.
    Last edited by VPSPowerUser; 09-25-2013 at 11:46 PM. Reason: thumb added

Angry Still down

It's been 26 hours now, my VPS is still down. Nothing new to report on the status website.

And just to let everyone know: The LeaseWeb sales person on this forum did not contact me. She didn't even respond to my open ticket! It's also ironic how the support is so active on forums like these, but doesn't respond to any actual tickets.

Hello LeaseWeb! What's going on?!

Same problem here. VPS is down for more than 24 hours. My eCommerce business is loosing money. Waiting for resolution.

So much for clouds providing great uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by wswd View Post
    So much for clouds providing great uptime.
    At this point, every single "cloud" I've ever tried has had severe downtime-inducing problems with its SAN at some point or another. Which is why I still greatly prefer dedicated servers with application-level redundancy. Not putting all your eggs in one basket, and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by christianmat View Post
    It's been 26 hours now, my VPS is still down. Nothing new to report on the status website.

And just to let everyone know: The LeaseWeb sales person on this forum did not contact me. She didn't even respond to my open ticket! It's also ironic how the support is so active on forums like these, but doesn't respond to any actual tickets.

Hello LeaseWeb! What's going on?!
    Same here.. Service down.. and nothing happens.

It's really ironic. I have open support ticket, that my service is down. I have sent dozen of screenshots of console already. I got this response to my ticket:

Dear LeaseWeb Customer,

The Virtual Server storage platform is stable, but we are seeing a
    number of customers having trouble accessing or booting their instance.
    Because we still have an open ticket registered to this issue we like
    you to check if your instance is accessible right now. Please issue a
    reboot command via the Self Service Center if it is not working.

Instances that are not functioning correctly after a reboot, we are
    fixing on a case by case basis. If you are still encountering problems
    we would like to ask you to open a new support ticket, or update this
    one, so we can handle your issue as efficiently as possible.

If it is possible to see what message is shown on the console after a
    failed reboot this would be helpful information to speed-up
    troubleshooting. Please add that into the ticket created.

We apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced and thank
    you for patience in this matter.

Sincerely,

LeaseWeb
    And ironically web based console even not functioning anymore Really bureaucratic approach.

Downtime 1 day and 6 hours for now
    Last edited by VPSPowerUser; 09-26-2013 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aeris View Post
    At this point, every single "cloud" I've ever tried has had severe downtime-inducing problems with its SAN at some point or another. Which is why I still greatly prefer dedicated servers with application-level redundancy. Not putting all your eggs in one basket, and all that.

This. Absolutely this. Even with local discs you're still at the mercy of neighboring tenants and their disk churning preferences.

VPS and Cloud is really nothing more than glorified shared hosting. With traditional shared hosting you all share a single OS environment and have a directory in its filesystem. With the cloud you just go one level up, have your own kernel and share the hardware.

And nowadays it's easy to get comparatively powerful enough dedicated hardware for the price of a premium VPS.

Dear all,

Our Virtual Server platform is stable, but we are seeing a number of customers having trouble accessing or booting their instance.

If your instance is not accessible right now, please issue a reboot command via the Self Service Center : https://secure.leaseweb.nl

Instances that are not functioning correctly after a reboot, we will be fixing them on a case by case basis. We would like to ask you to open a new support ticket if you are still encountering problems, so we can handle your issue as efficiently as possible.

Kind regards,
    LeaseWeb

Live chat with support:
    Quote Originally Posted by bruijns:
    [It should come online in the next 30 minutess. We are currently having issues with the console servers (these are the ones thet process the reboots). They are under an extremely heavy load at the moment. They should be fixed within the next 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by VPSPowerUser View Post
    It's really ironic. I have open support ticket, that my service is down. I have sent dozen of screenshots of console already. I got this response to my ticket:

And ironically web based console even not functioning anymore Really bureaucratic approach.

Downtime 1 day and 6 hours for now
    I have exactly the same problem as you. However i just been able to get into scc remote console.
    The error im getting is :
    ALERT: /dev/mapper/vg0-root does not exist. Dropping to a shell.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaseWeb - Jemma View Post
    Dear all,

Our Virtual Server platform is stable, but we are seeing a number of customers having trouble accessing or booting their instance.

If your instance is not accessible right now, please issue a reboot command via the Self Service Center : https://secure.leaseweb.nl

Instances that are not functioning correctly after a reboot, we will be fixing them on a case by case basis. We would like to ask you to open a new support ticket if you are still encountering problems, so we can handle your issue as efficiently as possible.

Kind regards,
    LeaseWeb
    '
    I have seen similar message since yesterday. How it can be stable, if its unable to work. Reboot command via the Self Service Center is useless. nothing happens.

It'd be interesting to see if they do actually come online within the next 30 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by pat010 View Post
    I have exactly the same problem as you. However i just been able to get into scc remote console.
    The error im getting is :
    ALERT: /dev/mapper/vg0-root does not exist. Dropping to a shell.
    I had just a white empty page at console link. I have black empty console now. Nothing happens

Quote Originally Posted by iCode View Post
    It'd be interesting to see if they do actually come online within the next 30 minutes
    Well, il post an update in 30 minutes. Ive been awake for 24 hours now checking my server every friggin 10 minutes anyway.

To be honest i have this weird feeling i might have lost all my data and they are unable to fix the issue

Hopefully im just being paranoid.

I had just a white empty page at console link. I have black empty console now. Nothing happens
    I get that to but if you wait 30 seconds and press a key with the focus on the black screen my console apears.

I would be curious to know what the error is on your part.
    If its the same as mine..

Dont reboot though, they might be working on it right now. I HOPE!

Well, il post an update in 30 minutes. Ive been awake for 24 hours now checking my server every friggin 10 minutes anyway.

To be honest i have this weird feeling i might have lost all my data and they are unable to fix the issue

Hopefully im just being paranoid.
    Very realistic scenario.

I get that to but if you wait 30 seconds and press a key with the focus on the black screen my console apears.

I would be curious to know what the error is on your part.
    If its the same as mine..

Dont reboot though, they might be working on it right now. I HOPE!
    I got web based console now. I have the same error all the time - file system with errors.

I guess, thats some kind bureaucratic game with all of us. Since the service went down - its shows file system with errors. Nothing has changed. This leads me to the conclusion that their data storage has burnt down etc and they are unable to restore it.

I have attache an image for you.
    Last edited by VPSPowerUser; 09-26-2013 at 06:27 AM.

Seems we have the same issue. I wonder how many people have this problem as they state a few. I have a feeling it's allot more then a "few"

Have they replied to any tickets you made after the last NOC update of 11:40 ?

Seems we have the same issue. I wonder how many people have this problem as they state a few. I have a feeling it's allot more then a "few"

Have they replied to any tickets you made after the last NOC update of 11:40 ?
    No, they haven't. Anyhow I have tried live chat. They promised approx. 40 minutes ago, that service should be available within 30 minutes.

[11:54 AM] j.bruijns: It should come online in the next 30 minutess. We are currently having issues with the console servers (these are the ones thet process the reboots). They are under an extremely heavy load at the moment. They should be fixed within the next 30 minutes.
    As the error has been the same since the first moment, I suspect that they have lost their data storage and are unable to restore it.

This leads me to the conclusion that their data storage has burnt down etc and they are unable to restore it.
    FWIW, mine are currently up and have been since yesterday evening, with all data intact. My guess would be corrupt file systems on individual containers, which may or may not be recoverable.

Quote Originally Posted by aeris View Post
    FWIW, mine are currently up and have been since yesterday evening, with all data intact. My guess would be corrupt file systems on individual containers, which may or may not be recoverable.
    Im happpy for you they were able to solve it.
    Did you expirience the same errors as us?

One of my instances was offline for several hours, but came back online around the time they initially announced that the issues were resolved yesterday. The other had severe I/O delays, but was never entirely down.

Neither instance had any kind of corruption afterwards, and those that are offline now seem to be suffering from file system corruption on the instance itself, which will require manual intervention. Judging by the screenshots posted by @VPSPowerUser you may be able to run a fsck from the console and get it back online yourself, but there are no guarantees that it will be in a bootable state afterwards, so you may want to wait for LSW to get back to you if you have any important data.

Its obvious that they are unable to manage the situation well. They have approx. 6200 support tickets opened since yesterday. Within last hour 255 tickets. Thats why they are asking to open new tickets, they are unable to manage these 6000 tickets. They don't care actually properly about old tickets for sure.

My issue is not the same. Here is what I see.

Yesterday my system showed GRUB loader with a kernel selection options. I do not want to loose my data...

BTW. They did reply to my ticket with a standard text like: "Please update this ticket or write a new one if you still experience a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by neanton View Post
    My issue is not the same. Here is what I see.

Yesterday my system showed GRUB loader with a kernel selection options. I do not want to loose my data...
    Please attach your screenshot

Forgot the screenshot

Quote Originally Posted by neanton View Post
    Forgot the screenshot
    In general you have the same issue actually.

Seems I'm banned somehow for Live Chat support for now.

I gues the 30 minute time table they gave you was a bit optimistic huh, VPSPowerUser?

Anyway, im still down to. And i also got kicked from live chat.
    Havent used it since yesterday though. So i dont think it's a "ban"

Either way, this is getting seriously messed up.

Worst case scenario, servers needs to be re-installed.
    Will they be able to fetch my data though? Or is it also possible the data is lost forever ?

I do have backups, but we had a shitload of orders in the 24 hours before the **** hit the fan and my backup was sheduled an hour after everything went down.

I gues the 30 minute time table they gave you was a bit optimistic huh, VPSPowerUser?

Anyway, im still down to. And i also got kicked from live chat.
    Havent used it since yesterday though. So i dont think it's a "ban"

Either way, this is getting seriously messed up.

Worst case scenario, servers needs to be re-installed.
    Will they be able to fetch my data though? Or is it also possible the data is lost forever ?

I do have backups, but we had a shitload of orders in the 24 hours before the **** hit the fan and my backup was sheduled an hour after everything went down.
    Hard to tell about the availability of data. Anyhow the company isn't honest with us. I have asked about status of data in tickets, but they have ignored this question.

Live Chat shows than I'm in order, When comes my order, I'm kicked out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast