Thread: Fortatrust Scam

Fortatrust Scam

Hi i ordered there $4 vps back in 02/18/2013 just to try them out, after 2 days i received the login info and i found that its super slow speeds less then 1 kb/s lol, anyways i cancelled the account and after a month i get a invoice saying over due payment, so i contacted there live support and got it resolved, now last month i am getting emails about some over due payment for some service i never signed up for. so i just replied to the email telling them i do not have any service with you, i did not get no reply, and now today i get a email from some legal claim email, should i be concerned and what can i do about this

here is the email, also they CC it to collections @ equifax com

FortaTrust Legal Services

A t t o r n e y s a t L a w

200 S. Biscayne Blvd.

Miami, FL 33131 USA

THIS IS AN ATTEMPT TO COLLECT A DEBT

my billing information

Dear My name,

Please be advised that the undersigned represents FortaTrust USA Corporation (“FortaTrust”) in connection with your delinquent debt arising from 532529 which was generated on 08/26/2013. As a result of your failure to tender payment in accordance with the terms set forth in the FortaTrust Service Agreement, your account has been assigned to this law firm for collection.

THIS IS YOUR FORMAL NOTICE THAT DEMAND HAS BEEN MADE UPON YOU my name TO PAY YOUR OUTSTANDING DEBT IN THE AMOUNT OF $49.18 WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS OF YOUR RECEIPT OF THIS COMMUNICATION. YOUR FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS DEMAND WILL RESULT IN YOUR ACCOUNT BEING ADDED TO BOTH YOUR PERSONAL AND CORPORATE CREDIT REPORTS (EQUIFAX, EXPERIAN, CIBL, CreditInfo and TRANS UNION), AS A TERMINATED ACCOUNT DUE TO INSUFFICIENT FUNDS WITH YOUR FINANCIAL INSTITUTION AND MAY RESULT IN THE INSTITUTION OF LEGAL PROCEEDINGS AGAINST YOU.

Be further advised that, in addition to a judgment being entered against you and/or your company for the amount of your debt, you may also be liable for payment of reasonable attorney fees, costs, and pre/post judgment interest to the maximum extent allowed by law.

In the event you are represented by an attorney in connection with your delinquent account, please provide your attorney’s full contact information, including name, address, phone number, and email address so that further legal communications relating to this debt can be addressed to your attorney.

Your payment method is: Paypal

Invoice: 532529
    Balance Due: $49.18
    Due Date: 09/18/2013

For your convenience, you can login to your client area to view and pay the invoice at

Your login details are as follows:

Email Address: myemail
    Password: **********

Please govern yourself accordingly.

Michael Espstein

You have thirty (30) days to dispute the validity of this debt. If you dispute this debt within thirty (30) days, this firm will obtain verification of the debt.

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the confidential and personal use of the recipient(s) named above. The message may be an attorney-client communication and/or work product and, as such, is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original message.

NOTICE REQUIRED BY THE FAIR DEBT COLLECTION PRACTICES ACT

(15 U.S.C. 1692, as amended)

1. 1. The amount of the debt owed to FORTATRUST USA CORPORATION is subject to determination, but consists of the amount due under a membership agreement.

2. 2. FORTATRUST USA CORPORATION is the creditor to whom the debt is owed.

3. 3. The debt will be assumed to be valid by the creditor's law finn unless the debtors, within 30 days after receipt of this notice, disputes in writing the validity of the debt, or any portion thereof.

4. 4. If the debtors notify the creditor's law firm in writing that the debt, or any portion thereof is disputed, the creditor's law firm will obtain a verification of the debt and a copy of the verification will be mailed to the debtors by the creditor's law firm.

5. 5. The name of the creditor is set forth above.

6. 6. Written requests should be addressed to Jason H. Weber, Esquire of Xander Law Group, P.A., 300 S. Biscayne Blvd., Ste. 1802, Miami, FL 33131.

7. 7. The above referenced law firm is a debt collector and is collecting a debt and any information provided by the debtors may be used to assist the creditor in collecting the debt.

How did you cancel with them? and did they confirm your cancellation?
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

This is what we all say for these low-cost providers.
    For $4 you can get a shared hosting account with a decent provider, how can one offer VPS for $4?
    It is true what they say, you get what you pay for.

Do you have evidence for service cancellation? If you have you can prove it in front of Debit collectors.

If it is truly a scam as you say; why not report them to the authorities in the location their business is registered in; or failing that : your own authorities.

You should also respond to their law firm detailing why you do not owe them any money as well.

No i do not have any evidence for the cancellation, but here is where it dosent make sense, i bought a month package back in february (2013) and i cancelled it, now they are charging me for some other quarterly package which dosent make sense because i never even made a payment from paypal for this package so how did i even get this service in my account