Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1

    Question What keywords would you recommend?

    Just would like some sharing.

    Here is the case. An IT company targeting international business seems hard to include all services like domain, hosting, server, ms exchange, etc..

    I would think that the biggest international market of a Hong Kong IT company is dedicated server.

    Therefore, I chose my domain serverhk.org and have been working on SEO "Hong Kong Dedicated Server"

    My question is "What IT services would people from other countries most likely look for from Hong Kong?

    Then, what keywords would you search on google?

    Please advise and I will try to change my business scope from your opinion.
      0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    The best advise that i can give you to consult the Google Adward or Google planner tool to check how much traffic the region is catering and whom the service is more popular among other countries and they hire the companies from HK.
      0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Thanks UmAlam.

    I would more like to have professional ideas from members here because we are all in IT field.

    It is better than asking people who are non-IT but just can see the stats about which keywords are mostly searched.

    They may say "Free Hosting in Hong Kong" is hot but it does not help at all while serious users would not be interested in Free service, right?
      0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Serverhk View Post
    Thanks UmAlam.

    I would more like to have professional ideas from members here because we are all in IT field.

    It is better than asking people who are non-IT but just can see the stats about which keywords are mostly searched.

    They may say "Free Hosting in Hong Kong" is hot but it does not help at all while serious users would not be interested in Free service, right?
    I think it is a little bit more difficult and complicated question raised now. Why people from us would search for free or cheap web hosting in Hong Kong. whereas they may find it in USA too. Same case with other countries too. I think if you want to grab the viewers from other countries intentions then you will have to focus on optimizing generic keywords like web hosting, cheap web hosting etc not using Hong Kong with it. May be this will help you to get some reasonable traffic from other countries as well as to get business.
      0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Thanks UmAlam.
    I think you noticed that I intentionally keep Hong Kong. The reason being is service in Hong Kong is surely more expensive than in the US. However, people still need a Hong Kong server if they have an amount of customers in Hong Kong or Mainland China. I indeed would like to target this group of customers.
    Globally compete with other providers = kill myself

    Quote Originally Posted by UmAlam View Post
    I think it is a little bit more difficult and complicated question raised now. Why people from us would search for free or cheap web hosting in Hong Kong. whereas they may find it in USA too. Same case with other countries too. I think if you want to grab the viewers from other countries intentions then you will have to focus on optimizing generic keywords like web hosting, cheap web hosting etc not using Hong Kong with it. May be this will help you to get some reasonable traffic from other countries as well as to get business.
      0 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Just tried but did not find it good.
    Thanks anyway!
    The best is from technicians in the world who have ever looked for service in Asia or Hong Kong.
    The keywords they used is EXACTLY WHAT I WANT!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ak Sharma View Post
    I would like to suggest you to use Google adword keyword planner tool. It will help you to get rough idea about competition on particular keyword.
      0 Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    8

    Keywords

    Please select long term keywords through Google Keyword Planner tool.
    Or use traffic travis for keyword competition.
      0 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    The best advice for a new site is using longtail, low competition keywords. You can't choose them without Google Keyword Planner, so this is the best tool to find which keywords to promote.
      0 Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Serverhk View Post
    Thanks UmAlam.
    The reason being is service in Hong Kong is surely more expensive than in the US. However, people still need a Hong Kong server if they have an amount of customers in Hong Kong or Mainland China. I indeed would like to target this group of customers.
    Surely you must do... First target your region along with using your region in you keywords like web hosting Hong Kong. This would not only give your keyword a light but if someone would search web hosting Hong Kong on google.com, he would definitely find your site in the list. In short you may get some traffic or business in this sense and may be you would be able to achieve your target as well.
      0 Not allowed!

  10. #10
    free web hosting companies
    cheap and best web hosting reviews, etc
      0 Not allowed!

  11. #11
    What are the keywords from you?
      0 Not allowed!

  12. #12
    I think you must try using their local cities.. e.g hongkong dedicated hosting, hongkong shared hosting service etc.. and the best way too is google keyword planner.
      0 Not allowed!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10

    Hummingbird!

    Please try to consider the recent Google's algorithm, Hummingbird as well.

    Just a thought,

    I guess we would be able to get better ranking if we focus on more relevant blog / content within our websites, which may have certain relevant semantic search phrases like, “where can I get good dedicated server in Hongkong”, “how to find a great server management company in Hongkong" etc.,

    All this time Google was displaying results based on keywords like, “dedicated server”, “best hongkong hosting” etc.., however this new search algorithm works a bit different and we might need to focus on the content rather focusing on the crisp keywords.

    Hope this helps.
      0 Not allowed!

  14. #14
    The best advice for a new site is low competition keywords. You can't choose them without Google Keyword Planner, so this is the best tool to find which keywords to promote. Google Adward or Google planner tool to check how much traffic the region is catering and whom the service is more popular among other countries.
      0 Not allowed!

Similar Threads

  1. Keywords
    By ddings in forum SEO / SEM Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-31-2013, 09:38 AM
  2. Search Engine Optimization Keywords – selecting the right keywords
    By journeyoflife7 in forum SEO / SEM Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2010, 02:29 AM
  3. Meta Keywords.. How many Keywords is too Much
    By leobounds in forum Web Design and Content
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 03:05 AM
  4. Best keywords ?
    By sustainedhits in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-30-2005, 06:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •