Question Using a mail forwarding/scanning service for WHOIS registration?

I own quite a few domain names, and the cost of WHOIS privacy services starts to add up... I'm wondering, would it be worth it to instead just sign up for a service like PostScanMail or VirtualPostMail that gives me a street address I can use in my WHOIS information. The idea here is that mail sent to this address could be screened online before it ever reaches my mailbox. If I actually deem something important I can either have it scanned and read it, or have it forwarded to my real address; the junk mail (slamming scams, etc) I can send to the recycle bin with a click.

The pros:
    * Gives more control over what happens to mail sent to WHOIS addresses (most privacy services just dump it all)
    * The domain is kept in my name rather than in the privacy service's name

The cons:
    * Slightly more expensive than privacy services for the number of domains I currently own
    * Need to periodically check in and filter through the mail (though most probably go to the recycle bin)

Has anyone done this already? How has it worked out for you?

The important thing is being able to verify your WHOIS information if you're (ever) called upon by the registrar to do so. Still, what you described seems like a reasonable idea, especially because of the pros, cons, and (depending on) costs.

The services I'm looking at are around $10/month. I can verify that I can receive mail at the address (by being able to request a scan of a verification letter, and have it forwarded to my home address if necessary).

According to the ICANN Registrar Accreditation Agreement The Registered Name Holder shall provide to Registrar accurate and reliable contact details and promptly correct and update them during the term of the Registered Name registration, including: the full name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and fax number if available of the Registered Name Holder; name of authorized person for contact purposes in the case of an Registered Name Holder that is an organization, association, or corporation; and the data elements listed in Subsections, and
    Since I can be contacted at this address, it should fulfill the requirements.