my account was hacked

I was recently in conversation with a person I know on AOL instnat messenger, and I sent him the URL of 2 services I use which the same password was used for each service, but I have never told him the password.

Somehow he guessed the password I use and he tampered with my account on each service, unfortunantly I was unable to regain my password on the other service (project orca) but I was able to get into my user cp for this one, to see the change in email address he made to the accont (i believe it was ****@****.com or ****@****.com) .

I was able to change it back, and get my rights to post back.

I'm not sure, but would it be possible for you to get every IP address that has been used in a login session with my account, and contact me with them?

Thank you for your time.

I'm not sure, but would it be possible for you to get every IP address that has been used in a login session with my account, and contact me with them?
    Don't think so, unless he posted something. Search through your posts and see if you find one you don't remember posting

ub3r you really need to take more care with your passwords.

I seem to remember an incident not too long ago where you came to me claiming an account had been hacked

Your obviously doing something incorrectly with the way you chose/use/store passwords.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Originally posted by UH-Matt
    ub3r you really need to take more care with your passwords.

I seem to remember an incident not too long ago where you came to me claiming an account had been hacked

Your obviously doing something incorrectly with the way you chose/use/store passwords.
    Why would he come to you ?

It was a password unrelated to his WHT account
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Originally posted by UH-Matt
    It was a password unrelated to his WHT account
    Ahh, gottchya.

it's not an issue with my password being leaked or whatever.

It's an issue with this kid getting into my system, grabbing a cookie, and somehow decrypting it.

I have changed my password, and he has managed to log back in, and disable my account from posting.

JUst about every time I Have to return, I Have to change my email address to active the account.

I haven't seen his logs when I ssh to any of my accounts on anybody's servers, including the 2 which are on my United Hosting account.

Have you considered switching to a hotmail account temporarily and using random number/letter combinations for your password(s)

edit:
    It's an issue with this kid getting into my system, grabbing a cookie, and somehow decrypting it.
    I'm not sure if that's even possible - considered getting something like Norton Internet security to block them intruders?

Format your system, it might be bugged...

I'm currently running Norton Personal Firewall 2003 and Sygate Personal Firewall, i keep getting denial of service attacks from a couple of different hosts, but I really doubt these are the people.

I'm thinking about just ditching my current identity on the net, and starting over completely.

I'm not sure, i don't really know whats going on, but i'm gonna try and get to the bottom of this.

netscreen 5

this is my new account, i've randomized my password, and installed blackice to run with sygate. I'm thinking about buying slackware linux 9.0 from my friend, and setting up another box to run as a firewall that will filter all my traffic.

Not sure though, I'm pretty sure he's laid off, as I have yet to see any denial of service attacks.

EDIT:

err.. I think i'll keep the account secret.

I've heard many MANY bad comments about BlackIce. Might wanna search it up on google..
    Have you Floble'd today?

Get a real firewall... http://www.agnitum.com/download/outpostfree.html runs in true stealth mode, and I've had several tests done and not a single thing gets through... great piece of software.
    A well-reasoned assumption is very close to fact.
    - Adorno

Go to google and search for "housecall" use that online virus scanner
    What does one host say to the other? "(HostA) Want to go see a movie?" "(HostB) Sure, can your parents drive?"

I'm premium, and no, I did not have to pay $6 a month to figure that out.