Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    CrocWeb Server 17 Down for 1hr 9min.

    CrocWeb was down for over an hour earlier apparantly battling a DDOS attack on server 17.

    ==================

    Hello,

    We received a DDOS attack and the server's IP has been null routed. We are working on bring the server back online. Thank you for your patience.

    Regards,
    CrocWeb Support Department


    ==================

    I understand that budget providers are often hit by DDOS and there's not a whole lot that can be done. However, I do expect an email to be sent letting me know about the issue. In addition, they changed the IP Address. I happen to rely on Cloudflare DNS. If I hadn't sent in a ticket I would have NOT been told that the IP has changed...which means the domains would be resolving to the old IP until I figure out something is wrong.

    Anyway, the downtime was confirmed by Pingdom. I can't post the link because I am a new member but feel free to contact me.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,606
    Details regarding the IP change were provided through our server status page.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocWeb View Post
    Details regarding the IP change were provided through our server status page.
    Is that the first time you have ever used the status page? Screenshot: prntscr dot com/1t8ur8

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,606
    No, previous issues may not be listed there. If you require any further assistance, please contact us through a support ticket.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    1,134
    CrocWeb is a reputable provider, I'm sure they are doing everything possible.

    DDoS attacks are never fun.. I often have nightmares over them..

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Spluut View Post
    CrocWeb is a reputable provider, I'm sure they are doing everything possible.

    DDoS attacks are never fun.. I often have nightmares over them..
    I couldn't agree more. However, providing customers with information about DDOS, IP Change, etc, is very important for me.

    It's very alarming that their status page has just 1 resolved issue and nothing else. You can take a look at the screenshot I previously provided. Where else do they post issues on the servers? I have received emails about scheduled maintenance but never anything about server issues. I also expect they won't send an email about the IP Change or DDOS.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    1,134
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger99 View Post
    I couldn't agree more. However, providing customers with information about DDOS, IP Change, etc, is very important for me.

    It's very alarming that their status page has just 1 resolved issue and nothing else. You can take a look at the screenshot I previously provided. Where else do they post issues on the servers? I have received emails about scheduled maintenance but never anything about server issues. I also expect they won't send an email about the IP Change or DDOS.
    I agree totally here, perhaps they can implement this for future DDoS issues.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Between Earth & sky
    Posts
    473
    CrocWeb one of the good provider!

    no one know when DDos attacks happens

    I hope they fix the issue soon

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    508
    CrocWeb is a great provider ... I am confident they will resolve this

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,606
    This has been resolved already. We'll try to notify clients by mail as well in the future.

  11. #11
    I think expecting your host to email you in the middle of a DDoS, depending on the number of staff and time of day, is a stretch. Many of us smaller hosts strive to provide information as things happen, but I think you'll find the level of service you're getting from CrocWeb is far and away better than what you'd receive from one of the top 10 biggest hosting firms.

    Clearly the IP address changed should've been communicated, but a little over 1 hour of downtime for a DDoS is a pittance compared to other outages we've seen reported here.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kepler 62f
    Posts
    14,877
    Crocweb wasn't down, just that server.
    Mine was up.

    .
    .

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-10-2013, 06:51 PM
  2. 1paket down every 1hr ???
    By powergo in forum Providers and Network Outages and Updates
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-07-2010, 09:12 AM
  3. Replies: 72
    Last Post: 08-26-2005, 04:15 PM
  4. [Wanted]PHP Programer 1hr work
    By liam_tmt7 in forum Employment / Job Offers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-30-2003, 12:23 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •