Futurehosting vs DigitalOcean vs proaxxs.net

So I can't decide among Futurehosting vs DigitalOcean vs proaxxs.net.

I am looking for an affordable VPS either managed or unmanaged. I would need a managment service for unmanaged though if I went that way, because I don't have the time to manage a server and run a site and do activities away from the computer.

I came up with these 3 after reasearching VPSs. I decided against JaguarPC after all the bad reviews. It would be great to get input on which host / service is best.

Quote Originally Posted by hostn00b View Post
    So I can't decide among Futurehosting vs DigitalOcean vs proaxxs.net.

I am looking for an affordable VPS either managed or unmanaged. I would need a managment service for unmanaged though if I went that way, because I don't have the time to manage a server and run a site and do activities away from the computer.

I came up with these 3 after reasearching VPSs. I decided against JaguarPC after all the bad reviews. It would be great to get input on which host / service is best.
    The bad reviews really are unfortunate. We had a lot of major issues arise at one-time and we struggle with them. The good news is, that has subsided now and blue skies our a head. Best of luck with your VPS review search.
    Synersis Media | Boutique Technology Marketing Agency

Re: Futurehosting vs DigitalOcean vs proaxxs.net

I've used digital ocean for a few things and been quite pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Rmarmorstein View Post
    I've used digital ocean for a few things and been quite pleased.

Are you managed or unmanaged ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary McClung View Post
    The bad reviews really are unfortunate. We had a lot of major issues arise at one-time and we struggle with them. The good news is, that has subsided now and blue skies our a head. Best of luck with your VPS review search.

Sorry, I can't risk the performance of my site. If I had something like a free 3 month managed VPS trial at JaguarPc, I would be willing to stay with you if everything is fine.

@hostn00b

Your comparisons are a bit all over the place, you can't compare those side by side and like for like.

Futurehosting is a one stop cPanel and managed service in a few locations that has been about for many years. You will be fine choosing them.

DigitalOcean is a basic SSD provider with no management, no panel options, no extra IP's or anything else. If that is what you need then it will be fine.

JaguarPC have had more of a negative than positive reputation on WHT over the past year however that seems to be getting better. They have been around since the late 90's and have a significant customer base and you have to take that into account when seeing a small number of complaints.

Sorry, I can't risk the performance of my site. If I had something like a free 3 month managed VPS trial at JaguarPc, I would be willing to stay with you if everything is fine.
    Get in touch and we can talk about setting something up for you if you are interested.
    Synersis Media | Boutique Technology Marketing Agency

Quote Originally Posted by W1H-Lee View Post
    @hostn00b

Your comparisons are a bit all over the place, you can't compare those side by side and like for like.

Futurehosting is a one stop cPanel and managed service in a few locations that has been about for many years. You will be fine choosing them.

DigitalOcean is a basic SSD provider with no management, no panel options, no extra IP's or anything else. If that is what you need then it will be fine.

JaguarPC have had more of a negative than positive reputation on WHT over the past year however that seems to be getting better. They have been around since the late 90's and have a significant customer base and you have to take that into account when seeing a small number of complaints.
    You didn't mention anything about Proaxxs.net are they good ? Also can a Cpanel be installed @ DigitalOcean ?

I did not mention them as I do not have any experience or knowledge about them.

Yes cPanel can be installed on any Digital Ocean VPS.

Zach is offering you a freebie though, it won't hurt to try them, I really don't think they are that bad.

I recently used FutureHosting cpanel VPS for a couple months. Service was great, support was very prompt too, and I didn't experience any downtimes. I only moved away from them because my needs outgrew the VPS and there were most cost effective alternatives.

Ok, thanks guys. I might give JaguarPC a try. It's hard to turn down a free trial.

FutureHosting!

Re: Futurehosting vs DigitalOcean vs proaxxs.net

Are you managed or unmanaged ?
    I've managed them myself. So unmanaged. It's not hard though, just some good googling and you can be an expert in no time

I was going to use digitalocean till i got reply to a ticket asking about upgrade policy and to upgrade your droplet you have to snapshot it delete it and start a new one and hope you get the same ip again so it put me off them.

Ah, ok. I know that no host is perfect, but they have a pretty good rep and pricing model.

We use Future Hosting managed and they are great. Give them a try!

Lies!

Quote Originally Posted by lw-host View Post
    I was going to use digitalocean till i got reply to a ticket asking about upgrade policy and to upgrade your droplet you have to snapshot it delete it and start a new one and hope you get the same ip again so it put me off them.
    Whoever replied to your ticket must be on crack.

I'm with digitalocean and to upgrade my droplet I simply powered it down, changed it from the 1GB to 2GB option and powered back up. No problems

I've had numerous different types of VPS with FutureHosting in their Washington and London/UK locations over the last few years and can't fault them. On the few occasions I've had issues (e.g server down) I've had responses (and a lot of the time, resolutions) from support within a couple of minutes. Can't really fault that.

I've never used DigitalOcean or Proxxas.net though so can't comment on how they compare.
    WHSuite - Billing, Automation and Client Management Software.

had you decide to choose your provider?
    i ever use futurehosting and digitalocean, futurehosting had the best support i ever get, Network is good too.
    i leave them because i didnt managed server anymore, about digital ocean i only tried them for a week and not too statisfied me . Their NL network isnt stable when i use them.
    But maybe they had improve now and i also interest to give them a second chance later