Question VPS down for more than 48 hours now.

Hi,

I was a happy customer of InfiniteTech until this Sunday. From this very Sunday afternoon my VPS is offline and the support team is not answering. Last message was from this morning at 9am and I have to spam their ticket system to make them move. They don't answer phones calls and I'm even wondering if it's not a fake phone line. Have you ever experienced such a bad situation with a webhost ? How have you handled it and what do you think we should do ?

Is the VPS unmanaged??

* Been good, went bad. Terrible actually

Heh, just registered to create more elaborate topic on this issue

So confirming

1) I am their customer from Oct 2011
    2) Have three 25euro VPSs, it was perfect for a year, they were open for discussion (when I asked if this is possible to get discount like I got for the first server. They offered another discount, not so good, but still.)
    3) After being there for a year moved two company servers there, 50euro VPSs

Since then...
    There been about 5 major downtimes, for more then hour, one of them for several days with one minute up two down behaviour.

As for now, two of three servers are down.
    Company servers(which I already left, but manage servers sometimes) are up.

I did not spam with mails, actually I had no chance to know about downtime for a whole day after servers went down.

Then I sent mail, got says-nothing response.
    In the morning another mail and another says-nothing response, like "its taking more time then expecting".
    Well ok, more time then expected, but maybe some explanation, notification?

By the way, this is another issue, do not expect getting any notification email like "Yeah, we know, we have issue, our engineers do not sleep, neither they eat, trying to resolve this major issue"

So, bottom line, infinitetech.eu = stay away.
    May be they do have different approach for more valuable then near-200-euro a month customers, but I would be the last person who will dare to check the truth of this statement.

I see, that their representative are often guest at this forum, moreover, I've rent first server after I saw their post here two years ago.
    So it will be very nice to get a response, a ETA of fixing the issue, anything informative and satisfying.
    Last edited by Tigra San; 09-24-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NEQ3 - Sam View Post
    Is the VPS unmanaged??
    Yes it's unmanaged, but the issue is not coming from us. On Sunday they had a DoS attack from their words and on Sunday a hardware failure. Since this time, they sent one message only to say it's taking longer than expected. Nothing from what's really going on.

Just as Tigra San said, I went to this board few years ago and decided to go with infinitetech from what I've read. Was good till Sunday. Now just praying for no data loss.

Did you do any research or background checks on this provider before going with them? I would try doing a whois dig to see if you can find more contact info. Seems like they may be suffering from a large DoS attack.
    SolaDrive - Enterprise Managed Solutions
    Specializing in Managed SSD VPS & Dedicated Servers in US & UK
    Rated #1 Provider at Top 20 VPS Providers For Performance
    Visit us at SolaDrive.com

Quote Originally Posted by SolaDrive - John View Post
    Did you do any research or background checks on this provider before going with them? I would try doing a whois dig to see if you can find more contact info. Seems like they may be suffering from a large DoS attack.
    This does not explaing why two of five servers down
    This also does not justify not keeping customers up to date with status