Hybrid View

* Looking for dedicated server with 64+ IP

For an internal project we are looking to get a dedicated server with at least 64 or more IP. Does anyone know a hosting provide who would give this number of IPs?

This is not related to spam or snowshoe operation.

Please look in the offers section. I think many providers can offer you servers with additional ips with the proper justification.

Thanks.

Whats the location you need IPs ?

Do you have a budget for this project?

There are lots of providers that can do this for you, note that ARIN will require you have justification on file. That means the reason for being assigned the /26 and what you are doing with it. Not a difficult task and as long as you are willing to do that most providers will accommodate you.

Ideally offshore location. There may be DMCA along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by lifewithcause View Post
    Ideally offshore location. There may be DMCA along the way.
    I thought you said this was an "INTERNAL PROJECT?"

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    I thought you said this was an "INTERNAL PROJECT?"

Excellent question, how can an "Internal Project" be subject to DMCA complaints?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Hivelocity View Post
    Excellent question, how can an "Internal Project" be subject to DMCA complaints?
    Let us stick to the actual request and not try to hi-jack the thread. Thanks.

That's exactly what we're doing.

No hi-jacking intended. I was just curious, like Rasputin, as to why you said it was an internal project, yet may be subject to DMCA complaints.

By internal I meant inside company, did not say something that runs pure internally. We could setup that on LAN then without asking for IPs.

Let's give room for actual question.

Then I agree that you will want to host somewhere outside the USA as the risk of DMCA for 64 IPs would be substantial. The IP request will be still a tough get due to the finite amount of them left, but you will run less risk of having the server pulled for abuse with an offshore host.

It's not a thread hijack to ask what the IPs are needed for, because in order to get that many IPs, any host is going to ask the same questions, and they're not likely to enjoy the answer "I need lots of IPs and DMCA complaints will come in frequently" as that sets off a lot of red flags.

If you want a host that will allow 64 IPs with valid justification and you don't expect a lot of abuse complaints, there's a world of options open. If you want a host who will give 64 IPs with no reasonable justification for uses that are going to generate abuse complaints, that's an entirely different problem and will limit your options dramatically. Hence, it's completely relevant to your needs and the topic of the thread.

Its still not we hear your budget for this ?

Does anyone know a hosting provide who would give this number of IPs?
    Yes, if all you want are IPv6 addresses :p

IPv4 has mostly run-out - no real host will entertain your requirement, so the only solution is to change the requirements

What is your budget? What is the Bandwidth Required?

Looking at $135 neighbourhood.

lifewithcause, finally where you buy?

thanks