How much bandwidth do I need?

I have a few VPS that all together I use about 3500 Gig bandwidth monthly
    If I buy a dedicated server for this how much bandwidth will I need in terms of Mbps?
    Treat your password like your toothbrush. Don't let anybody else use it, and get a new one every six months.Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium. Imperet illi Deus, supplices deprecamur: tuque, Princeps militiae coelestis, Satanam aliosque spiritus malignos, qui ad perditionem animarum pervagantur in mundo, divina virtute, in infernum detrude. Amen

Quote Originally Posted by psalm91 View Post
    I have a few VPS that all together I use about 3500 Gig bandwidth monthly
    If I buy a dedicated server for this how much bandwidth will I need in terms of Mbps?
    5TB on a 100Mbps port would suffice.
    Rob Hivelocity
    Home of the best cPanel pricing
    www.Hivelocity.net Datacenters in Chicago, Dallas, New York, Los Angeles, Seattle, Atlanta, Tampa, Miami, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Singapore, India!

So you will need a little more info to really know.

If all of your traffic were exactly even always then you could just do simple math of use a calculator:
    http://www.topcalc.com/bandwidth.php

Based on what you say it says you would need 11.44 Mbps. Of course what you really need is to know your bandwidth needs at your busiest hour and then use some sort of grade of service (that you adopt) to give you the level you need. Since it is pretty small usage say double.

So look to your logs to determine either traffic distribution (then extrapolate the bandwidth in the busiest hour of the month). Or look to find your bits per second in both directions at the busiest point.

Be sure and go over this with your provider and try and determine if they are going to throttle or limit (this is usually the case) so verify that say a 100Mbps connection will actually yield that, and if it doesn't if they will correct the situation.

10 mbit unmetered will enough for you.
    LankaPartnerHost.Com
    Canada Anti DDOS Webhosting, Reseller Hosting, WHMsonic, WHMsonic Resellers

Quote Originally Posted by LankapartnerHost View Post
    10Mbit is 3.285TB max, OP requested 3.5TB.
    http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=10Mbit+one+month

Unless you have to buy a specific commit, getting a 100Mbps line with a bandwidth limit of like 5TB will be good. Its pretty common too with hosting plans.

last month I had a sudden usage of 250 Mbps in a moment
    Treat your password like your toothbrush. Don't let anybody else use it, and get a new one every six months.Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium. Imperet illi Deus, supplices deprecamur: tuque, Princeps militiae coelestis, Satanam aliosque spiritus malignos, qui ad perditionem animarum pervagantur in mundo, divina virtute, in infernum detrude. Amen

Without any traffic data, simple math proves that a:
    would absolutely get you into big trouble. My gut and Rob's advice was the same, But with so few VPS's I can't rule out that you don't have unusual traffic. To illustrate, I have a single VPS client that needs a 100Mbps connection to accommodate high usage (during Wimbledon games). Otherwise, his traffic is very low. But his VPS has to be on a node with a 1G link, otherwise he is very unhappy. He came to me because he kept getting kicked off of other providers. Really he isn't an abuser (as other stated) he just needed to have a provider do the math and then put him on the right node. Actually, he is a very profitable client. So a little looking at your logs and math is really needed. After all, they are your clients to lose with someone else's quick tip advice!

@psalm91 see how the real world (especially when the data sample is so small) is different from rules of thumb. That 250Mbps could have been a simple net attack on some WP login (as an illustration). But it doesn't matter because you have to engineer for abuse too (or learn to mitigate better), so unless you can rule out that as a situation that won't happen again, I'd talk to your provider and see if they can get you on a shared 1G, something where they will allow some spikes and know that is unusual and you don't have to pay for what is mostly unused. Worth asking for or investigating as to what the 250 spike is.

Each is using about 1000 to 1300 Gig and the see the graph of last month

http://postimg.org/image/w7w1ft3on/

http://postimg.org/image/4yccp9tub/

http://postimg.org/image/4ng2r7fm5/

http://postimg.org/image/xxm6eduaz/

Don't I need about 50 Mbps of dedicated line ? Or do I need less?