Need a dedicated server for under $100/month

I am going to start a game server hosting company and so I am looking for a dedicated server to use.
    I am looking for something with atleast the following:

16GB RAM
    128GB HDD (prefer SSD)
    Good Bandwidth
    12 usable IPs

I plan to use this specifically for the game Minecraft

Quote Originally Posted by AwsomeG2 View Post
    I am going to start a game server hosting company and so I am looking for a dedicated server to use.

16GB RAM
    128GB HDD (prefer SSD)
    Good Bandwidth
    12 usable IPs

Which location do you prefer? You will be creating containers on this server?

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Cisneros View Post
    Which location do you prefer? You will be creating containers on this server?
    not sure what you mean by location, in the United States is where if that what you mean

not sure what you mean by location, in the United States is where if that what you mean
    So anywhere in the U.S. is fine? Most people tend to target either the East or West coast, depending on what their target market is.

What kind of processor are you looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by Encrypted View Post
    So anywhere in the U.S. is fine? Most people tend to target either the East or West coast, depending on what their target market is.

What kind of processor are you looking at?
    West coast I guess is where I would idealy want it,
    Xeon L5420 is what I have been using so far but I really don't know what is best for what i want

Xeon L5420 is what I have been using so far but I really don't know what is best for what i want
    Ideally you'd want an E3 but an L5520 would work fairly well. Many Minecraft hosts out there offer something like this (Including Us) and will even set this up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by DoanVPS-Liam View Post
    Ideally you'd want an E3 but an L5520 would work fairly well. Many Minecraft hosts out there offer something like this (Including Us) and will even set this up for you.
    Well I don't want to run a server, I am wanting to host servers. I think what you are saying here is that you are going to host one for me to run which isn't what i'm going for.

You have been running them on a Single or DUAL L5420? What is the reasoning for you moving from your current host? Have you reached any hardware bottlenecks?

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Cisneros View Post
    You have been running them on a Single or DUAL L5420? What is the reasoning for you moving from your current host? Have you reached any hardware bottlenecks?
    A single L5420, I havnt really done much with it and so like I said I don't really know what is best or how far It can be pushed. I am changing hosts because they charge more than I can really afford and profit from

You don't want old processors (L5420/L5520) for Minecraft as it can't take advantage of the cores. For Minecraft you need a processor that offers the fastest per-core performance.

Stick with the Intel Xeon E3 processors, it's the best you will find for Minecraft.

I would also recommend an E3 for minecraft, given the single threaded speeds are much better which is a big deal for minecraft. You can get by on a dual L5520 / L5420 if you run a lot of small minecraft servers, but an E3 is a more robust solution. I've seen some places floating around out there that will do a version1 E3 at around your budget.

16GB RAM
    128GB HDD (prefer SSD)
    Good Bandwidth
    12 usable IPs

How much bandwidth is the "Good Bandwidth" you are looking for?