Exclamation Urgent question..

I just returned from a business trip and need to send everyone I met a proposal. I used to fedex hard copies of all materials, but this really is a huge hassle (due to our high volume) and becoming an unnecessary expense!!

I'm now going to send everyone proposals via email only. If I have the proposal as a PDF file, will people who use ipads (Apple) be able to open the attachment?

I wouldn't touch an apple product with a 10 foot pole (strictly windows user here), so I'm not overly familiar with it. I'm trying to find best way to send materials via email, so they can download attached proposal (fill out the form on their computer, since most have very sloppy handwriting!!) then they can simply print it out and must snail mail it back to us (since original signatures are needed).

Grateful for any feedback, thanks!
    Last edited by Frosty; 09-22-2013 at 03:10 PM.

PDF attachments can be opened in iPad Mail application and Safari without any additional software. They will also be able to save the PDF files to their iBooks application for offline reading (iPad gives an option to do this).
    NetworkPanda :: Web Hosting SSD Powered :: Reseller Hosting
    Instant activation, fast servers, NVMe SSD disks, cPanel, Softaculous 1-click apps installer, daily backups
    Multiple hosting locations: USA, Canada, France, UK, Germany, Italy, Spain, Poland, Finland

Some of the people we deal with aren't the most savvy computer users. Will someone with ipad be able to open the pdf attachments without having to perform any "special" steps?

For example, someone who uses an AOL email address from their ipad, they should be able to download it and open it exactly same way as a windows user?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, it is pretty straightforward, they tap the attachment in the mail and it opens the PDF file. Faster and easier than Windows.
    NetworkPanda :: Web Hosting SSD Powered :: Reseller Hosting
    Instant activation, fast servers, NVMe SSD disks, cPanel, Softaculous 1-click apps installer, daily backups
    Multiple hosting locations: USA, Canada, France, UK, Germany, Italy, Spain, Poland, Finland

PDF does work on iPod, iPhone and iPads no issues, all they have to do is open the attachment.
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

Ah ha, thanks I see, that's good news and easy enough

Pardon my ignorance, but is there something "extra" I must do in order for the PDF file to be "editable"? What I mean by that is, the PDF will have a form with questions that the person must simply type their answers into the empty fields. I guess this will be pretty straight forward?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Ah ha, thanks I see, that's good news and easy enough

Pardon my ignorance, but is there something "extra" I must do in order for the PDF file to be "editable"? What I mean by that is, the PDF will have a form with questions that the person must simply type their answers into the empty fields. I guess this will be pretty straight forward?

Thanks!
    PDF use is normal... I read them all over the place... you don't have to do anything extra.

I would go ahead and do and see if you have complaints. I'm sure you will have a couple of people who will want a "hard copy" (depending on the age group you are sending or type of material).

How is that little dog? I still have that picture. lol
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!