Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

level(3) is it good enough ?

We get a promotion from level(3) for their IP service, are they a real "premium" tier-1 provider? How much per Mbps usually ?

Level 3 is pretty much as good as it gets. As for price, it depends on how large your commit is, etc. It varies for everyone. How much bandwidth are you looking at?
    NEPA Fiber
    AS 394868 - Wilkes-Barre, PA
    █ Fiber Internet, Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Cloud
    100% Uptime SLA - 24/7/365 Support

How about start from 100M ? what price you know in the market ?

Quote Originally Posted by micahdoyle View Post
    How about start from 100M ? what price you know in the market ?
    With Level3 on 100M. It's going to depend on what your uplink is.. If it's a straight 100MB port or a GIG.. If your using a straight up 100M port you'll never beable to utilize that bandwidth. L3 is going to be roughly around $5-$6/mb on 100MB.

Moved > Colocation and Data Centers.

As mentioned by CloudComputingLV, $5-$6/Mbps is the price for 100Mbps CDR. Shouldn't be too shocked when you get a quote back from them.
    Cloud IaaS Solutions Provider - www.CloudVZ.com
    SSD SANs | High IOPs | Public & Private Cloud
    Solutions | Content Delivery Network
    Create your virtual datacenter in seconds!

Level3 is good and their bandwidth is of high quality. They are one of the world biggest networks. A Level3 upstream would add value to your network and should improve the latency and the overall quality. We use them for almost 3 years and we're happy with them. Their support (at least our account manager and anyone we worked with there) was very helpful any time we needed them!
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    Level3 is good and their bandwidth is of high quality. They are one of the world biggest networks. A Level3 upstream would add value to your network and should improve the latency and the overall quality. We use them for almost 3 years and we're happy with them. Their support (at least our account manager and anyone we worked with there) was very helpful any time we needed them!
    Do you know do they have a looking glass portal?

level 3 looking glass is here

http://lg.level3.net/

Kindest Regards

James
    Melbourne Australia Datacentre – Micron21 Pty Ltd
    Co Location – Dedicated Servers – Web Hosting – Custom Solutions – 24/7 Support - AS 38880
    Phone 1300 76 99 72 Email - James @ micron21.com
    www.micron21.com

At 100Mbps commitment with Level3, you will be lucky if the sales people even get back to you.

Id reach out to either Marcus or Philip at Giglinx.com to see what they can offer for pricing on Level3.

How much as you know ?

hi,
    i just signed wednesday contract with level3. Price decreased a lot 1 month ago, so you can expect great deal.

On little request they still overpriced, but with high commitment i found price similar to other carriers.

Regards
    Matteo Berlonghi - SeFlow s.n.c.
    http://www.seflow.net Dedicated And Cloud DDoS Protected Servers - 4.2Tbps IN-house DDoS Protection Capacity - Are you searching remote proxy or network infrastructure protection? Contact us
    Email Contact: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by MatteoB View Post
    hi,
    i just signed wednesday contract with level3. Price decreased a lot 1 month ago, so you can expect great deal.

On little request they still overpriced, but with high commitment i found price similar to other carriers.

Regards
    Thank you very much for your sharing !

But can you give a number of their new price ? $3/Mbps is it possible ?

How much as you know ?
    Why don't you share the quote they gave you?

You are asking everyone else to share their numbers.
    Andrι Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

Quote Originally Posted by benj114 View Post
    At 100Mbps commitment with Level3, you will be lucky if the sales people even get back to you.

Id reach out to either Marcus or Philip at Giglinx.com to see what they can offer for pricing on Level3.
    Level3 will get back to you at 100Mbps with no problems. Go directly. No need to go through a reseller.

You will NEVER see $3/mb on 100Mpbs of Level3 rather Direct or through a Reseller. Your going to be paying alot more then $3/mb.

hi,

Regards
    Level(3) pricing hasn't decreased in the past month. We work very closely with Level(3) on a daily basis. L3 will always be more expensive then most carriers as they have a premium network and most traffic goes through them.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudComputingLV View Post
    Level(3) pricing hasn't decreased in the past month. We work very closely with Level(3) on a daily basis. L3 will always be more expensive then most carriers as they have a premium network and most traffic goes through them.
    Level3 US and EU are different market and sometimes pricing are much different.

I'm sure that they lowered it because i have one quote of middle 2012 and prices was cut by 60%.

My last quote is less then tinet quote....

Regards
    http://www.seflow.net Dedicated And Cloud DDoS Protected Servers - 4.2Tbps IN-house DDoS Protection Capacity - Are you searching remote proxy or network infrastructure protection? Contact us

Thank you very much for your sharing !

But can you give a number of their new price ? $3/Mbps is it possible ?
    No, on 100mbps you need to expect more. i think with lower commitment you can stay in $3/Mbps with 350-400Mbps.

Working on a deal now with level3, given ours is a bit different in that it is an offnet site they are building out to, so obviously in a lit DC they would go lower.

100mb is around $700, burstable on a gigabit port for around $900, total of ~$1600 for 100mbps burstable to 1gbps.

Quote Originally Posted by cooldude919 View Post
    Working on a deal now with level3, given ours is a bit different in that it is an offnet site they are building out to, so obviously in a lit DC they would go lower.

100mb is around $700, burstable on a gigabit port for around $900, total of ~$1600 for 100mbps burstable to 1gbps.
    Yea, you can do alot better then that.

I'm sure that they lowered it because i have one quote of middle 2012 and prices was cut by 60%.

Regards

I don't believe that for a minute. I'd have to see the quote directly from Level3 in writing before I'd believe that. We work with them regularly and I have seen Level3 get low on much higher commits if your talking over 20 GE.

I don't believe that for a minute. I'd have to see the quote directly from Level3 in writing before I'd believe that. We work with them regularly and I have seen Level3 get low on much higher commits if your talking over 20 GE.
    Do you actually use them as in, you have them in your blend? or do you work with them in trying to get quotes? Some of my customers have gotten very low quotes direct from them on things like giges.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Regards
    So you guys realize that Level(3)'s home turf is in the USA and Tinet is in Europe.

Level(3) doesn't command as high of a price in other markets. Just like Tinet doesn't command as high of a price in the USA as they do in Europe.

They will be sort of flip flopped as far as price goes in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Do you actually use them as in, you have them in your blend? or do you work with them in trying to get quotes? Some of my customers have gotten very low quotes direct from them on things like giges.
    I'd like to know the answer to his question as well. Do you use Level(3)? What do you talk to them about so often?
    Redundant.com • High Availability and High Performance Solutions
    Dedicated Servers and VMware Cloud Hosting in Dallas and Los Angeles
    Diverse connections to the Internap Performance Optimized Network

You're free to not believe me, is not important and not interest me much.

I shared my experience to someone that request some information.

Just remember that not all customer are same, this is why NDA exists. Sometime one sales want this customer because require lot banwidth, sometime because they had one pop and nobody use them, so they do good deal to start making money, sometime they had other reason.

that's all

You should optain better quote

What are normal prices for a few GigE?

Quote Originally Posted by bhavicp View Post
    What are normal prices for a few GigE?
    How many Gigs are you wanting?

My only beef with level3 is their 'EPL' fees (and sometimes even extra taxes) for nearly all except maybe 1 or 2 of their largest POPs in each market. So before you go getting all excited about the low per-meg rate, make sure you're looking at the whole quote.
    Fast Serv Networks, LLC | AS29889 | Fully Managed Cloud, Streaming, Dedicated Servers, Colo by-the-U
    Since 2003 - Ashburn VA + San Diego CA Datacenters

Quote Originally Posted by FastServ View Post
    My only beef with level3 is their 'EPL' fees (and sometimes even extra taxes) for nearly all except maybe 1 or 2 of their largest POPs in each market. So before you go getting all excited about the low per-meg rate, make sure you're looking at the whole quote.
    what's EPL?

Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post
    Why don't you share the quote they gave you?

You are asking everyone else to share their numbers.
    Yes, I want to share the number they quote.

They handover at Equinix LA1, asking/offer $3-$4 per Mbps. 100M commit

what's EPL?
    "EPL"
    I think is Ethernet Private Line ?

oh, all carrier do it, but is not my problem, i reach their pop with my fiber (is in same campus of my datacenter).

Regards

oh, all carrier do it, but is not my problem, i reach their pop with my fiber (is in same campus of my datacenter).

Regards
    Can you give me an advice, three dollar is it a acceptable price (100M commit and 300M brust) ? (I got quote from a reseller, and not direct)

sorry, i signed nda, i cannot share these.

But i pretty sure if you go directly price are little high, so, if you not plan to grow quickly, reseller is your best solution.

I negotiated for 10ge, for other commit i had only listed price.

Regards

How many Gigs are you wanting?
    Say 4Gbit..

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Yes, we have a signed contract with L3 (waiting on our x-connect to be completed) and we're also a MA of them.

Yes, we have a signed contract with L3 (waiting on our x-connect to be completed) and we're also a MA of them.
    Nope of amount can be disclosed ?
    What is MA ?

lowest i have personally seen level3 directly quote for a Gig CDR on a 10ge interface was 1.2 euro per Mbit (in europe).

that was with full SLA and 1+ year contract.

1,2 with 1ge on 10Ge seems too low. i know that they did something month ago at similar price, but without sla (was a limited promotion)

What is MA?
    Probably "Master Agreement" (AKA the final contract).

Ignoring all of the petty arguments here, Level3 is definitely one of the best providers in the US, especially after their acquisition of the remnants of Genuity/GTEi/BBN that Verizon cherry picked when the Big Evil Verizon pulled their $2.5Bn line of credit away from Genuity/GTEi/BBN.

I hold Level3 in the same regard as Savvis and nLayer. Excellent Tier 1 providers providing rock solid infrastructure and bandwidth traffic.
    Douglas Hazard - Certifiable Sports Junkie and Sports Community Enthusiast

Host of Two Cents Radio - Follow @TwoCentsRadio on Twitter (@BearlyDoug on Twitter)

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
    Probably "Master Agreement" (AKA the final contract).

Ignoring all of the petty arguments here, Level3 is definitely one of the best providers in the US, especially after their acquisition of the remnants of Genuity/GTEi/BBN that Verizon cherry picked when the Big Evil Verizon pulled their $2.5Bn line of credit away from Genuity/GTEi/BBN.

I hold Level3 in the same regard as Savvis and nLayer. Excellent Tier 1 providers providing rock solid infrastructure and bandwidth traffic.
    I would agree that Level(3) is a great provider.

I do not think Level(3) should be compared really to Savvis or nLayer. Savvis has been declining in quality and nLayer isn't really a Tier 1 either (unless you consider the Tinet ASN). nLayer has their fair share of problems and congestion here and there as well.
    Redundant.com • High Availability and High Performance Solutions
    Dedicated Servers and VMware Cloud Hosting in Dallas and Los Angeles
    Diverse connections to the Internap Performance Optimized Network

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast