Thread: Frantech/BuyVM

Angry Frantech/BuyVM

I was with them for 17 months, I initially put through the BS they gave me that their IP was Californian when it was in fact Canadian. I should have quit when my other friend who had bad experience with them asked me not to order. My bad I stayed with them.

These past 17 months I have been very busy so I did not actively use them and just used to store data. On August this year I went on vacation returned 20th saw bill due on 1st and paid on 22nd. I messaged them to reactivate my services when it was "suspended" and some moron support staff who acts like machine terminated it. When I asked him to reactivate he gives me this :-

5,3,3) On the fifth (5th) day past the due date for recurring invoices, all services (paid and unpaid) attached to the account will be suspended.
    5,3,2,1) A late fee of 2,50$ or 25% of the invoice total (whichever is greater) will be applied to the invoice.
    5,3,2,2) At the Billing Department's discretion, the account may be deemed a Payment Risk.
    5,3,3) On the fifteenth (15th) day past the due date for recurring invoices, all services listed in the invoice will be terminated, and the invoice automatically adjusted to reflect the date of termination.
    5,3,3,1) All remaining services on the account will remain suspended until the overdue invoice is paid in full.
    5,3,3,2) At the Billing Department's discretion, the account may be deemed a Payment Risk.
    5,3,4) On the thirtieth (30th) day past the due date for recurring invoices, the account will be assumed abandoned, and all remaining services terminated without compensation.
    5,3,4,1) The account will be moved to Collections status, and treated as a Payment Risk.

All right I paid before 30th day then why was my account terminated permanently? He replies

"That only applies to services on the account that are not overdue, you only had one service, you failed to pay for it by the 15th, it was terminated. No matter how you interpret the ToS the service is gone as indicated by "Terminated" There is no data to retrieve and the service cannot be restored. If you still require service you will need to order a replacement through http://my.frantech.ca"

So why do companies insist to keep virgin masters student when they have no people skills or empathy and decide like machine. He has the guts to ask me to order again after what he has done. Then he goes on ...

"I am not going to argue with you, the ToS is enforced automatically without our intervention in cases of non-payment. You have already admitted you failed to pay on time I neither understand why you persist in trying to blame us for your own oversight nor am I going to continue to try to understand since you only seem to try to blame us in this matter."

Enforced automatically? Yes we are human beings and at times we forget things that does not mean you can randomly break your OWN Tos and blame me for having a life. I Blame you for not reading your OWN Tos and not having logic to trash a loyal customer ready to pay and you pay him by deleting his data and asking to reorder! Will I get my data back ?

Totally totally spoiled my day!

You better ask somebody to order your virginity!

I was with them for 17 months and yes I am human being things happen and we forget. I paid 22nd all the due amount and the person permanantely deletes my data and has the guts to ask me to reorder again! The support guy is like a machine seeing customers as bits and bytes and delete them if they go beyond rules (eventhough I was still within their time limit of 30 days).

I had my childhood photos and many other personal stuff I backed up before moving my laptop then I had to go for vacation. ALL GONE!

Jeez the support guy did not hear long term value of customer. I was ready t pay now they PISSED me off I am ready to do reverse of F*** loyal customer.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper420 View Post
    I was with them for 17 months and yes I am human being things happen and we forget. I paid 22nd all the due amount and the person permanantely deletes my data and has the guts to ask me to reorder again! The support guy is like a machine seeing customers as bits and bytes and delete them if they go beyond rules (eventhough I was still within their time limit of 30 days).

Jeez the support guy did not hear long term value of customer. I was ready t pay now they PISSED me off I am ready to do reverse of F*** loyal customer.
    Perhaps next time you should setup an auto-subscription through PayPal or whoever your payment processor is to avoid this whole mess. It's unfortunate about your experience and I wish you the best with your next host.

Also, I would try to see if you can talk to a "higher up" within the company to see if there really is no way of getting some sort of backup, even if it is older. Still better than nothing.

Care to provide a ticket ID where those quotes were actually said, sniper?

On an additional note - if your service was due August 1st, but unpaid until the 22nd; then yes, it was terminated for nonpayment on the morning of the 16th. You may want to re-read Section 5,3,3 from the very section of our TOS you pasted above, which explains this exact situation.

I had my childhood photos and many other personal stuff I backed up before moving my laptop then I had to go for vacation. ALL GONE!

You seem to be misreading our terms - we terminate services after they go unpaid for 15 days past the due date. The '30 day', which seems to be confusing you, refers to OTHER services on the account. Say, for example, you have an annual service not due for another couple months. If you didn't at least contact us within 30 days to try and resolve the situation, we can assume the account abandoned if necessary in order to clean up. It does not mean we're going to hold your data for you at our own expense for a month after you fail to pay your bills in a timely manner.

Just to clarify things a bit more, I put together a short timeline from this guy's account:

07/22/2013 04:34
    - August invoice issued (01Aug-31Aug)

07/30/2013 04:20
    - Due Invoice reminder

08/02/2013 04:11
    - First Overdue Notice

08/03/2013 04:11
    - Second Overdue Notice

08/05/2013 04:05
    - Third Overdue Notice

08/07/2013 04:08
    - Service Suspension

08/16/2013 04:02
    - Service Terminated for nonpayment
    - Invoice automatically adjusted to reflect time owed only (01Aug-16Aug)

08/22/2013 01:09
    - Invoice Paid

08/22/2013 01:22
    - Client opens ticket requesting reactivation

08/22/2013 05:42
    - I reply to the ticket, explaining the billing process and informing the client about the termination/etc.

09/21/2013 11:59
    - Client responds to the ticket demanding service reactivation. Our billing process is again explained to the client.

Also worth noting that this isn't the first time this client has been late on payments (including being suspended several times for nonpayment). Nor the first time we've had to explain billing policy. My advice to OP is to calm down, and try growing up a bit, perhaps taking a bit of responsibility for your (in)actions rather than throwing a fit and hurling childish insults in an attempt to blame someone else.

lol, i dont see buyvm wrong in this case
    the tittle must changed to "Love Your Data? PAID YOUR BILL ON TIME!!!"

* Thread title edited.

"you did something I don't like, you must be a virgin"

Nice logic.

OMG, it's only 3:41AM and I filled my laugh quota for the day. Terms of Service are still enforceable even if you don't read them.

Kudos to Aldryic for handling this client much better than I would have. I do quite enjoy threads where clients attempt to post a negative review and instead provide proof of how badly they messed up instead.

And you expected your service to continue to consume their server space for free because.....?

Oddly enough I also got an invoice for a VPS from BuyVM a few days ago. It went like this. I paid it on time.

Tadaa!

I know, it just seems to easy to be right!

Quote Originally Posted by W1H-Lee View Post
    Oddly enough I also got an invoice for a VPS from BuyVM a few days ago. It went like this. I paid it on time.

Tadaa!

I know, it just seems to easy to be right!
    LOL, i don't see any wrong from BuyVM, you should left paid your invoice before going to vacations.

I see no problem from BuyVM here, IMO normally services terminated within 15 days if no response from client.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldryic C'boas View Post
    Just to clarify things a bit more, I put together a short timeline from this guy's account:

07/22/2013 04:34
    - August invoice issued (01Aug-31Aug)

07/30/2013 04:20
    - Due Invoice reminder

08/02/2013 04:11
    - First Overdue Notice

08/03/2013 04:11
    - Second Overdue Notice

08/05/2013 04:05
    - Third Overdue Notice

08/07/2013 04:08
    - Service Suspension

08/16/2013 04:02
    - Service Terminated for nonpayment
    - Invoice automatically adjusted to reflect time owed only (01Aug-16Aug)

08/22/2013 01:09
    - Invoice Paid

08/22/2013 01:22
    - Client opens ticket requesting reactivation

08/22/2013 05:42
    - I reply to the ticket, explaining the billing process and informing the client about the termination/etc.

09/21/2013 11:59
    - Client responds to the ticket demanding service reactivation. Our billing process is again explained to the client.

Also worth noting that this isn't the first time this client has been late on payments (including being suspended several times for nonpayment). Nor the first time we've had to explain billing policy. My advice to OP is to calm down, and try growing up a bit, perhaps taking a bit of responsibility for your (in)actions rather than throwing a fit and hurling childish insults in an attempt to blame someone else.
    This was first time TOS was explained . Yes previously I paid 4-5 days late including late fee which was automatically reinstated. How do you expect me to calm down when you have deleted the data? This is how you blame the customer without any empathy?

Um?

You said you read the TOS when you signed up. Any time we've ever updated our TOS we've mass emailed everyone.

If you ever had questions about parts of the TOS then you should have asked and we would have gladly done it.

I do apologize that your VM was deleted but as we stated, the system is automatic and it isn't the first time you've been suspended for late payment.

You can kick, scream, & bad mouth us all you want but at the end of the day you were with us for 17 months through hell & highwater as well as kept your very important data on it. You wouldn't have done either of those if we were treating you poorly or if the service was terrible.

If you didn't want to keep the service you wouldn't have bothered paying your invoice, or bother getting unsuspended during one of the other times you were.

Anthony is rough around the edges and I get that you didn't like his reply. The fact of the matter, though, is that we weren't 'keeping' you from your VPS and nuking it out of spite. It was past the period and standard policy kicked in.

As he said, if you wish to get service again we can arrange that. We can also arrange your payment be done on a longer payment term.

Past that this case is closed as there's nothing more we can do to assist.

Francisco

This is how you blame the customer without any empathy?
    Considering _YOU_ are responsible for paying your bills on time - yes, the blame lies solely with you. As far as empathy; after the childish temper tantrums you've been throwing here.. absolutely correct, I have no empathy for you at all.

Okay, I read the OP's rant and that gave me a good chuckle for the day.

So you, 1) don't pay your bill for 22 days after it's due and 2) neglect to make an off-server backup but, it's someone else's fault? 15 days is pretty generous on a service that has a 30-day-at-a-time billing cycle. I guess you'll have to add me to the list of those lacking empathy.