hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Urgent: SMTP service with Dellz low-cost hosting???

Forum Jump

Urgent: SMTP service with Dellz low-cost hosting???

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Question

Urgent: SMTP service with Dellz low-cost hosting???

Hi all. I'm currently considering purchasing web hosting with Dellz for only a mere $18/year. (Yes, they are a reseller of fasthosts, and they promise "unlimited" stuff, but I do not need much and am only using their service to practice ASP.)

The only problem is that they do not offer SMTP (although they do offer POP). My question is, how can I get SMTP service without co-branding? If any webhosts can provide only SMTP to me for a very affordable price (because barely any mail will be sent) around like $2/year, please IM me or PM me. Thank you.

Any suggestions?

BTW, Dellz has provided me with a trial account to test their ASP, CGI, and FTP services. Their service very good for the price. If anyone is considering dellz and needs to test out an ASP or CGI script, let me know before Saturday and I can test it out for you. I have already tested out ASP with Snitz forums. You can take a look at the speed of their ASP web hosting @ http://porkchup.dellz.com/asp-test/default.asp Feel free to do anything with the forums.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Aloha,
you can always use your own connection SMTP that you have for your mail account

POP will recieve
SMTP will send so if it does not matter for testing purposes use your internet account SMTP

Old
Aspiring Evangelist

Re: Urgent: SMTP service with Dellz low-cost hosting???

Quote:
Originally posted by PorkChup
If any webhosts can provide only SMTP to me for a very affordable price (because barely any mail will be sent) around like $2/year, please IM me or PM me.
Will you be paying that in one installment? or do you want to be billed 16 cents per month?

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Hmm... 16 cents a month sounds good.
But it's more like 16+2/3 cents

Old
Web Hosting Master

Re: Urgent: SMTP service with Dellz low-cost hosting???

First, you guys are too damn funny, heh.

Quote:
Originally posted by PorkChup
If any webhosts can provide only SMTP to me for a very affordable price (because barely any mail will be sent) around like $2/year, please IM me or PM me.
I'll just mention that no host (in their right mind) would give you this, especially for $2/yr., which just isn't worth the risk of spam for so little, no matter how honorable you are. Use your ISP's SMTP server.

Chicken

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Chicken, you're absolutely correct.

I've decided to make a computer a SMTP server so I can manage everything myself.

Hehe, this was fun

Thanks your all of your help!

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
How Prepared are You for the Changing DDoS Landscape? Here’s 5 Must-Knows for Every Service Provider Webinars 2014-11-13 15:53:36
As STARTTLS Adoption Grows, Facebook Reports Huge Jump in Encrypted Notification Emails Web Hosting News 2014-08-20 14:01:32
Codero Hosting Launches Proactive Managed Hosting Service Web Hosting News 2014-07-29 15:10:13
Amazon Announces Cloud Spending Tool Cost Explorer Web Hosting News 2014-04-09 11:12:32
Security Experts Refute German Email Security Firms Secure Data Storage Claim Web Hosting News 2013-08-13 16:24:48