Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for (2) Dedicated Servers in (2) separate locations

Hi,

***CLEAN NON-SPAM RIDDEN IP's A MUST***

I design websites and host those websites and email for my small business customers - I do not offer web hosting to anyone but my clients and I have been in business almost 10 years.

I am having issues with my current host (who I have been with for over 6 years and generally happy with until now) and if they can not get it resolved I may need two servers with the following minimum specs.

Server 1

Quad Xeon or Comparable
    (2) 1TB Sata
    8 Gig or Ram
    Windows Server 2012 preferred, 2008 standard ok
    250Gig of Bandwidth a month (currently using about 150gig)
    5 IP's

Server 2

Dual Core
    (2) 500 Gig Sata
    4 Gig of Ram
    Windows Server 2012, 2008 Standard ok
    250Gig of Bandwidth
    3 IP's

I need it in two separate locations, as they will be backup email and dns for each other.

I am trying to stay as close to a total $200mo as possible

I would like to be able to install usb powered small HD on each server for backups which I would supply.

We would have to agree that server payments do not start until IP's are verified clean (Cloudmark, AOL, Microsoft).

Thanks,

Bryan
    Last edited by DigitalBackups; 09-21-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Is your budget $200/month for each server or both together? Any specific locations for each server?

Have a look at Quickpacket. They have some incredible servers

I also need KVM of some sort,

$200 a month is for both combined or as close to it as you can get.

Location in the US, one in Chicago would be nice but not necessary, More concerned about both not being taken out at the same time by a disaster..... They need to be completely independent servers with no common point of failure !!!!!

I have a great deal now, I know this.

I am considering 1and1 who I had a VPS with for 4 years and I would be at $238 a month for

AMD Quad Core 4gig, (2)750gig, Server 2012, $109
    Intel Xeon E3-1220 12gig, (2)1 TB, Server 2012, $129

Bryan

Nick,

None of your order now buttons work on your NYCServers website in Chrome?

Was just going to see how things priced out with options.

Thanks,

Bryan

NEQ3-Sam,

Quickpacket shows out of stock on most of their servers, and does not show any Windows OS options, but thanks.

PS: The Atlanta location would have been great for one of my servers.

Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBackups View Post
    NEQ3-Sam,

Quickpacket shows out of stock on most of their servers, and does not show any Windows OS options, but thanks.

PS: The Atlanta location would have been great for one of my servers.

Bryan
    We do have stock on most of our servers and we do have Windows OS options. Please feel free to contact us for more info. Thanks.

Budget is perfect ,Try looking around the offer section and email the providers to get some kind of a deal

QPS,

My bad, yes you have Windows Options, must have mixed you up with someone else I was looking at, and they are showing in stock now... heck maybe that was the other website as well. Sorry.

Bryan

Take a look at securedservers.com , its the dedicated server division of PhoenixNAP.

They have both Phoenix AZ and Ashburn VA locations.

You could get a server at both locations for a total of around $280 a month. Remember, you get what you pay for.

Here is two contacts that you can reach out too with questions etc.

Luke Musselman Lukem@phoenixnap.com
    Chad Carbaugh Chad.c@phoenixnap.com

I also need KVM of some sort,

$200 a month is for both combined or as close to it as you can get.

Location in the US, one in Chicago would be nice but not necessary, More concerned about both not being taken out at the same time by a disaster..... They need to be completely independent servers with no common point of failure !!!!!

I have a great deal now, I know this.

I am considering 1and1 who I had a VPS with for 4 years and I would be at $238 a month for

AMD Quad Core 4gig, (2)750gig, Server 2012, $109
    Intel Xeon E3-1220 12gig, (2)1 TB, Server 2012, $129

Bryan
    Most providers will offer ipkvm on demand for free, contact some providers in the offers section.

Nick,

None of your order now buttons work on your NYCServers website in Chrome?

Was just going to see how things priced out with options.

Thanks,

Bryan
    Reaching us via email would be the best way to receive a quote from us. If you're interested the email would be sales@newyorkcityservers.com

I hope everyone is seeing the request for $200 and USB backup device to be installed on the server.

Quote Originally Posted by benj114 View Post
    Take a look at securedservers.com , its the dedicated server division of PhoenixNAP.

They have both Phoenix AZ and Ashburn VA locations.

You could get a server at both locations for a total of around $280 a month. Remember, you get what you pay for.

Here is two contacts that you can reach out too with questions etc.

Luke Musselman Lukem@phoenixnap.com
    Chad Carbaugh Chad.c@phoenixnap.com
    +1 for PhoenixNap.

If you want to order a server with them, today then joshua.p@phoenixnap.com if you want on the weekends then dan.r@phoenixnap.com or sarah.l@phoenixnap.com week days then Chad.c@phoenixnap.com

I don't think they check their email on their off days so best bet would be to contact the working operator

Also, if budget is an issue with them then I know they have outlet servers that match your needs and 25% off RAM upgrades for the life of the server.

Good recommendation Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post
    I hope everyone is seeing the request for $200 and USB backup device to be installed on the server.
    What's wrong with adding a USB backup drive?

I don't see any issue with his request. $200 is perfectly reasonable given his specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Encrypted View Post
    What's wrong with adding a USB backup drive?

I don't see any issue with his request. $200 is perfectly reasonable given his specs.
    Thanks Encrypted,

I figure I will be over $200... but shoot low and hope to come close, Right now I am at $220 for the above specs and yes it was a great deal - but I can't be too far off because Phoenix Nap can get me close to what I need for $216 through their website. And my current host did not have an issue with USB backup drives as long as they were usb powered (just zip tie to the rack).

I only host websites I create so I don't have a ton of change, I usually data backup each server to the other nightly, do a FTP backup weekly, and once a month to home, and just want the USB to do a baremetal backup monthly just in case I have the whole setup. Its cheap insurance and I usually host where I have friends in town so if everything goes to crap with my host I can get the usb drive and move to another host in the same town quickly. When I first started hosting I just backed up one VPS to the other VPS.... then one VPS died... and the next day the 2nd VPS died and it took almost 7 days for the host to recover one of the VPS images. Lesson learned... but still on a budget.

Thanks,

Bryan

Thanks Encrypted,

I figure I will be over $200... but shoot low and hope to come close, Right now I am at $220 for the above specs and yes it was a great deal - but I can't be too far off because Phoenix Nap can get me close to what I need for $216 through their website. And my current host did not have an issue with USB backup drives as long as they were usb powered (just zip tie to the rack).

I only host websites I create so I don't have a ton of change, I usually data backup each server to the other nightly, do a FTP backup weekly, and once a month to home, and just want the USB to do a baremetal backup monthly just in case I have the whole setup. Its cheap insurance and I usually host where I have friends in town so if everything goes to crap with my host I can get the usb drive and move to another host in the same town quickly. When I first started hosting I just backed up one VPS to the other VPS.... then one VPS died... and the next day the 2nd VPS died and it took almost 7 days for the host to recover one of the VPS images. Lesson learned... but still on a budget.

Thanks,

Bryan

Might also be worth your time to contact whomever you wish to host with to see if they're willing to work on the price with you. I would imagine that most are willing to do so.

good luck but your budget is for low end providers that most of the time dont do custom configs your going to find it hard to find anyone willing to do what you want done.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhouse View Post
    good luck but your budget is for low end providers that most of the time dont do custom configs your going to find it hard to find anyone willing to do what you want done.
    I don't think it will be that difficult, the budget is not bad.

OK.... I don't want to get bit again by the "Cheap Host" I am looking to bump up to $300 a month.... Now thinking Hivolicity and Liquidweb level.... any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Bryan

OK.... I don't want to get bit again by the "Cheap Host" I am looking to bump up to $300 a month.... Now thinking Hivolicity and Liquidweb level.... any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Bryan
    You have a pretty custom setup, I don't think it is all about price/budget. Take some time to contact some providers and see how they will work with your custom setup.

Most likely many of the "big boys" will just tell you no or force you to buy their own external drive. I would be surprised if either of the providers you mentioned let you put in your own drive. There are many budget providers that can fit your budget and work with you on the setup.

I will drop the external drive as well,

Otherwise nothing is custom that I see, I want a E3 Quad, (2) 1TB, 8gig, Server 2012, and a Dual Core (2) 250 or 500gb, 4gig Server 2012.... and a backup method (3rd drive on each computer or backup storage), IPMI or KVM for $300..... should be able to get something reliable for that.

Thanks,

Bryan
    Would you need the server to be managed or unmanaged? Liquidweb offers managed servers which is one reason why they're a bit more pricey. If you don't need the server to be managed you can save a few bucks and go with an unmanaged provider who's still on the "big dog" leve.

I really appreciate everyone's input !!!!!!!

Unmanaged is what I am looking for... I am a expired MCSE and CCNA so I do have the basics down.

I like Liquidweb.... at first I was taken back at price and the extra 1 TB drive for backup and the extra SSD, but I think keeping away from the budget servers keeps the SPAMMERS away and both those features are attracting, but I can't afford (2) $216 servers.... and they don't have any inexpensive options. Maybe I am better just upgrading my email for everyone (I had an old unlimited Smartermail v4 that worked fine) and a 250 user v7 I was going to upgrade to v11 enterprise 250 user)

Before I had all email and websites on one quad core server, and a VPS at 1and1 as a backup email server (just held it when primary was down) and 2nd DNS and things were ok, but then I decided I wanted to up my backup email server to a full pledge enterprise/exchange style server (Smartermail)

I just don't want another host like what I have now... cheap and I found out recently ranked in the top 25 in the WORLD on Cisco Senderbase as "Top Spam Senders by Network Owner for the Last Day" today...

This is surely why I have burned through 4-5 IP in the last two weeks trying to find one not blacklisted or with routing issues. (that and they expanded to Dallas using Corexchange which has its own issues with Spammers recently)

I have been with my current host 6 years, and there has been growing pains but I was all for supporting the little guy, then they did a big growth spurt recently and I think that was supported by SPAMMERS killing their network... now their reputation is shot and reputable companies needing a host will go elsewhere, so it just a matter of time before they flop in my personal opinion.

I am a windows man, but I seriously thought of going to Linux and would have liked to make the move, the only thing holding me back on that was a decent email server, I really like Smartermail ... or even Mail Enable.... but tough finding a good webmail in Linux.

I host about 100 websites (mostly Joomla PHP/MySQL and 250 email users) none all too heavy in traffic (167GB is the most in a month). I want enough to double my capacity... with a little lead way. I just host websites for customers I create websites for (I am a web designer)... no outside hosting so its all kept safe from user abuse.

I just can't put my customers through the hell we had these last two weeks on another server upgrade, I did all the DNSBL checks, and AOL, and Senderbase checks (all clean), and still got burned by all the places you can't check Microsoft, Cloudmark, Network Solutions, etc. It is imperative that my next IP is clean and with no routing issues, I have clients with ATT that can't connect to my mail server for a week now and no one can seem to fix it... they are using their cell phones and Ipads on 3/4g to get their mail and quite upset, Network Solutions won't remove me from their Blacklist even though they say their spam checks of my IP are clean - Go Figure? I just wonder how much of this is NEW IP these days and how much is based on Server Host reputation.....

Thanks,

Bryan
    Last edited by DigitalBackups; 09-23-2013 at 11:19 PM.

Unmanaged, I like Liquidweb.... at first I was taken back at price and the extra 1 TB drive for backup and the extra SSD, but I think keeping away from the budget servers keeps the SPAMMERS away and both those features are attracting, but I can't afford (2) $216 servers.... and they don't have any inexpensive options.

Before I had email and website on one server and a VPS as a backup email server and 2nd DNS and things were ok, but then I decided I wanted to up my backup email server to a full pledge enterprise/exchange style server (Smartermail)

I just don't want another host like what I have now... cheap and I found out recently ranked in the top 25 in the WORLD on Cisco Senderbase as "Top Spam Senders by Network Owner for the Last Day" today...

This is surely why I have burned through 4-5 IP in the last two weeks trying to find one not blacklisted or with routing issues. (that and they expanded to Dallas using Corexchange which has its own issues with Spammers recently)

I have been with my current host 6 years, and there has been growing pains but I was all for supporting the little guy, then they did a big growth spurt recently and I think that was supported by SPAMMERS killing their network... now their reputation is shot and reputable companies needing a host will go elsewhere, so it just a matter of time before they flop in my personal opinion.

I am a windows man, but I seriously thought of going to Linux and would have liked to make the move, the only thing holding me back on that was a decent email server, I really like Smartermail ... or even Mail Enable.... but tough finding a good webmail in Linux.

I host about 100 websites (mostly Joomla PHP/MySQL and 250 email users) none all too heavy in traffic (167GB is the most in a month). I want enough to double my capacity... with a little lead way.

Thanks,

Bryan
    Budget servers in no way = spammers. Spammers go to any provider as they are most likely using fraud payment methods anyway. How the host processes and checks orders for fraud/spam and how they manage abuse reports is key. Many budget companies run thousands of servers with tens of thousands of IPs with no blacklists/spamhaus listings.

Are you sure your block issues are blacklistings or bad PTR/rdns setups?
    Did they force you to change IP blocks after 6 years to a new block that was blacklisted? Or are you running into /24's being blocked?
    Last edited by StealthyHosting; 09-23-2013 at 11:18 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast