How do I avoid IP Hell getting a new IP for an Email Server

Anyone have any clues how to avoid what I can call "IP Hell"

3-4 years ago I made an IP switch and just had a small issue with AOL... but because of SPAMMERS increasing intensity it is 10 times worse now.

Let me explain what recently happened to me..... I upgraded servers with a "Dedicated Server Provider" that I have been fairly happy with the last 6 years and for various reasons I could not keep my old IPs, NOTE I DID HUGE RESEARCH OF BLACKLISTINGS BEFORE ACCEPTING ANY OF THE FOLLOWING IPS, Problem is ISP are creating their own blacklists and they can not be checked anymore.

what followed are these problems with various IP's

Server 1;

New IP Issued, Blacklisted on places, got a second IP block that seems to be OK - but still had to get it unblocked at AOL and Microsoft - only using its email server with one of my personal domains but seems ok.

Server 2;

1) IP #1 given, only to find out a bad route from my home iin Florida to my server (at a backbone router), although everywhere else appeared to be working, after two weeks of not getting it fixed I was issued another IP

2) IP #2 issues, found it blocked at "Cloudmark" who does SPAM protection for ATT, Sprint, Comcast, Verizon, etc.. come to find out my clients could not email half the country - there is no way to check "Cloudmark" and IP before putting it in use, although they did release the block in about 48 hours I already jumped to another IP.

3)IP #3 I quickly found another routing issue from Chicago.

4)IP #4 .... two weeks of getting cleared from Microsoft and AOL (they acting much slower now I think because of all my recent submissions) and still fighting with Network Solutions blocking email.... now I have one friend and one client that can not reach my email server... both are ATT ISP users who I believe ATT blocked a whole set of IP's at one time with my server providers rack provider and I believe not all ATT routers have updated releasing the block, I believe my server provider just recently started renting rack space from Corexchange for the Dallas location offers ... who 3 months ago Corexchange had whole IP Sets blocked for not responding to 2 IPs doing massive Spamming - See here; http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1277193

PS: Both users can tracert to my server, but my server can not tracert back to their computer IP - it goes 3 hops and when it hits what I think is an ATT router.... it drops.

So now I am debating what to do.... I would like to stick with my provider, but after 2 days I have not even received a hint as to what the problem is or how they are going to fix it, I think after 5-6 days they will end up telling me I need a 5th IP - NO FRICKEN WAY am I going through this again.

So.... here are my thoughts, SPAMMERS are attracted to discount server hosts, and I can't afford to double my monthly costs (Paying $220 for a Quad Xeon, (2) 1TB, 8 gig, and a Dual Core, (2) 500meg, and 4gig servers)

If I made a move.... anyone has a clue how to make sure ahead a time that AOL, Microsoft, Cloudmark, and 1/2 dozen other ISP's now doing their own SPAM Blocking and not letting you check to see if the IP is clean before you start?

Thanks,

Bryan
    Last edited by DigitalBackups; 09-20-2013 at 10:56 PM.

Any provider you choose should be making a decent effort to give you clean IP space and taking care of any issues the IP range has that you get caused by previous users.
    █► AllWorldIT ~ ISP / Hosting Provider / Government / Carrier Solutions
    █► HostOnARope ~ 24/7 SupportShared HostingReseller HostingVPS Servers
    █► www.hostonarope.com | AllWorldIT Online Product Range | visit AllWorldIT.com
    █► Official Proxmox Partner ~ UK/USA/ZASupport & SLA's Available

You must accept your IP Savior into your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by IRCCo Jeff View Post
    You must accept your IP Savior into your heart.
    Where is the like button, I want to hit it!!!!!

Thanks,

Bryan

* bite the bullet

If I made a move.... anyone has a clue how to make sure ahead a time that AOL, Microsoft, Cloudmark, and 1/2 dozen other ISP's now doing their own SPAM Blocking and not letting you check to see if the IP is clean before you start?

Guaranteed no way to get around it. Everyone goes through this. One of the hardest things. Just get the cleanest range and then hunker down and bite the bullet. 90 days later things will be better. Then never move again.

You are not alone. We all deal with this stuff. I've seen far worse, and lived through it. Welcome to the reputation game.
    Last edited by gPowerHost; 09-23-2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: fixed quote

gPowerhost,

I thought I did all my due diligence, ran a check on the whole block at Cisco Iron Port, ran a check on 100+ DNSBL, even rejected 3-4 IP sets because of found issues.... Still got BIT in the butt...

If it continues like this we should be able to "Port" our IP's just like phone numbers because good IP's are a valuable asset.

At least I feel better that I am not alone.

Thanks,

Bryan

Are you buying IPs from budget hosts? Because that's common.
    A high end host like LiquidWeb or other "expensive" (not expensive) hosts won't really have this issue.

The cheap stuff gets raped by spammers all the time.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Another option for outbound email is to use a dedicated email provider such as SendGrid or Amazon's SES services. As long as you're not sending SPAM, these services can often significantly boost deliverability and remove some of the worries around IPs & blacklists.
    Enterprise Solutions Architect & Photographer
    Independent Wordpress Consultancy available to help with setup / site commissioning, troubleshooting, Wordpress performance tuning & server configuration issues.

kpmedia,

Liquidweb does offer a lot of bang for the buck, but unfortunately over my budget, If I could afford it I would... The added 120gb SSD and 1TB backup drives would be worth it not to mention a higher quality host... but Quad Xeon there is $220 (with Windows), and I am paying that for a Quad Xeon (with similar specs) and a Dual Core combined.

Tim,

I will look into SendGrid or Amazon.... and nope I am not sending SPAM.... hate SPAMMERS !!!!!

Thanks,

Bryan

Amazon SES = cheap mail = lots of IP blacklist issues. So beware that one maybe just as bad.
    Again, the "expensive" stuff has less issues.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||