Stay away from WebHostWala.com (Webnook.in)

Stay away from WebHostwala.com (Webnook.in)

Here are my story, I was looking for a new Windows share hosting to moving one of my site(http://www.graphicsforums.com) that developed in ASP. The company WebHostWala.com(PayPal e-mail is @ webnook.in) was doing promotions on WebHostingTalk: USD $42 per year for 10 GB space/ 100 GB bandwidth looks not bad.

I've ordered at August 27, 2013. After upload my files to their server, I found all my ASP pages aren't working any more. All ASP page will return a 404 error message when clicked. Even to create a new ASP page without any ASP code inside will got the same errors. Their support staff takes few days but the problem still there. I can't keep waiting like this, my site was displayed errors for few days already.

So I asking them to cancel my account and refund the payment at September 2, 2013 (they claim 30 day money back guarantee). Their billing staff replied to me said OK but I never got the refunds after then. I also asking their sales person who on the WebHostingTalk.com to help the refund at September 9. He said will ask the billing team to take a look into the refunds status. But I still don't got the refunds from them after that.

I've open a PayPal Dispute to help myself out at September 12. But they seems did not care about that, I don't got any response or refund. I've escalated this Dispute to a Claim at PayPal's website now, but still no response too.

There are something strange about this company, something not right. They are still doing promotions at WebHostingTalk(VPS and share hosting / Windows & Linux), stay away from them.

Gary

Hi gary

to be friendly its hard to believe a hosting company can do such a basic mistake anyways best of luck with your websites i hope you will find a good host for your website soon .
    EdenHost.Com - Domains | Shared | Reseller | VPS | VPS Resellers | SSL
    Eden Web+ - We Develop Your Vision | Graphic Designing | Advertising and SEO | Web Designing | Web Development | Server Management | Website Management | Support Services
    Call/Text Us Today! +91-7509-077999 | +1-(828)-330-EDEN

Get your backups and move on.. Its always better to research a bit before selecting your host.
    ►ExpertWebHost.NET- Instant reliable CPanel hosting since 2008+
    ►Quality Shared, Reseller and VPS hosting
    ►Choose to host from US/Uk/Canada/Netherlands/Australia - 10 locations

Thanks prateek and ExpertWebHostNET.

My site was moved to a new host already. Just wanted to let people knows that WebHostWala.com isn't a good choice for web hosting.
    Something strange there, a Windows host can't running ASP sounds a joke. They couldn't fix it and no refunds to me, it's sucks.

Gary

Gary,
    We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. However our support tech tried their best to get your site working but the issue was not from the server side. The issue was with codes we do not provide scripting support. This need to be done from your developer.

I can see that your ASP pages are still not resolving with your new host as well.

http://www.graphicsforums.com/spotlight/index.asp
    http://www.graphicsforums.com/public/index.asp

I request you to not blame the hosting provider if the site does not resolving due to coding issues.

As for the refund when you requested for the refund we agreed for full refund under our 30 days Moneyback Policy and told you that you will receive the refund within 15 working days. Then you replied saying that you want a immediat refund which was not possible due to our internal refund process. You then opened a dispute and then raised it to claim due to this the payment is held up in PayPal which otherwise you would have received by now.

I wish you all the best with your new host.

@prateek please do not spreed fire without knowing the complete fact.

The issue wasn't my codes. It's your server problems. The site is running fine for years without any problems. It was OK before move to you, and it's ok after move out from you.

You still don't know what's wrong on the server. As I said, even create a new ASP page without any ASP code inside will got the same errors. It's your server side problem, not mine. And the errors was "404 not found", not 500 errors, thanks.

By the way, where is my refunds? It has been a long time from September 2.

Gary
    Last edited by Gary; 09-21-2013 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    By the way, where is my refunds? It has been a long time from September 2.
    I have already updated you on this. You can kindly contact PayPal for the same.

I've logged into PayPal and checking my account. But I did not received the refunds so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Amey View Post
    @prateek please do not spreed fire without knowing the complete fact.
    He didn't spread any fire.
    Sounds like your server is misconfigured.

@Gary, is that your site and are those the pages that you had problems with on WebHostWala.com servers? I ask as they posted that and said they still do not work on your new host and when I go to the pages they try to load without success. The behavior makes me think the page is trying to connect to a database or perhaps a Access database and not timing out or producing other errors.
    -Steven | u2-web, LLC - Clustered Shared Hosting
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by steven99 View Post
    @Gary, is that your site and are those the pages that you had problems with on WebHostWala.com servers? I ask as they posted that and said they still do not work on your new host and when I go to the pages they try to load without success. The behavior makes me think the page is trying to connect to a database or perhaps a Access database and not timing out or producing other errors.
    Hi steven99,

Thanks. The currently issue is the Access database problem and I'm working on it. It's different from the previous problem.

Gary

Thanks. The currently issue is the Access database problem and I'm working on it. It's different from the previous problem.
    Ah okay, thanks for the clarification.
    -Steven | u2-web, LLC - Clustered Shared Hosting
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" -Aristotle

Hi steven99,

Gary

Gary please don't be dishonest and misguide people. The issue with your site is the same that you having when you were hosting with us. Please refer to the reply made by one of our tech on 1st of September where you were asked to contact your developer in getting this fixed.

Also as mentioned earlier when you raised a ticket asking for refund we replied to your ticket agreeing for the full refund without any questions however you were impatient and filed a dispute and now you are misguiding people on the forum.

Dishonest? I'm moving my site out at 1 September, It was on the new host already then, any questions?

You're the dishonest one. I've logged into PayPal and checking my account again, still not received the refunds.

Gary

If it's written on their site that it would take 15 working days, why not just wait patiently for it then. Because if I'm not mistaken, PayPal lets you open a dispute with a transaction done within the last 45 days. And I see no harm in just giving them the leeway of 3 weeks (Since it's 15 working days).

This is also considering the fact that you got another host shortly after which implies the refund is not that of utmost importance. Yes, it is money after all, but I see no harm in just being patient a little longer.
    TaleHost | Quality Web Hosting | US / Asia
    LiteSpeed | Pure SSD | Softacolous | Automated Backups

The results from PayPal Dispute:
    Unfortunately, we are denying your claim because your purchase was for a
    virtual, digital, or intangible item, which is not covered under PayPal
    Purchase Protection. We only cover claims involving physical items that
    can be shipped and tracked.

Open a PayPal Dispute can't help to get my money back.

Gary

Gary,

We have received confirmation from PayPal that your funds were refunded.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Amey View Post
    Gary,

We have received confirmation from PayPal that your funds were refunded.
    You probably are very happy when last time the PayPal Dispute failed. Unfortunately, I've asked PayPal to reopen the claim case again. But you still not given any response at PayPal's website about the claim case, and no refund from you during PayPal investigation either. The refund was from PayPal's investigation, not from you.

I've ordered at August 27, and today is October 7. It was takes long time to have my money back.